E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is very interesting Bruce. I'll keep an eye out for this.
My dealership did the install of the new tail lights, LM2 programming, and the wiring harnass. I wonder if they did a proper ground for me...

Here is a set of pics at night with the headlights turned on showing what the brake effect looks like. I wasn't able to shoot any photos in daylight just yet, maybe tomorrow if it isn't raining here.

Brakes Off
V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!-img_2785.jpg

Brakes On
V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!-img_2786.jpg

It looks absolutely fantastic.

I'll have to try and figure out how to load a video. I'm guessing I need to upload onto YouTube first and then link it in?? Never tried that before.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The tail-light issue only affected the LCI cars. You have a pre-LCI car retrofitted with the LCI lights, so you should be fine. This is one of the reasons I let you have one of the sample pieces.

In any case my cables don't make the problem any worse on an LCI car, and to be fair we've had only a few reports of the burn out issue. I'm just making people aware of an existing fault - least they blame the cables for it.

Last edited by bruce_miranda; 12-11-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
New Members

So worse case scenario the plug melts and you need a new plug? Or the whole tail light could be damaged and need to be replaced?

Is it probably safe to say if you have an older LCI car, such as an 08, and have not had the issue it is pretty unlikely that you will encounter the issue?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
The tail-light issue only affected the LCI cars. You have a pre-LCI car retrofitted with the LCI lights, so you should be fine. This is one of the reasons I let you have one of the sample pieces.

In any case my cables don't make the problem any worse on an LCI car, and to be fair we've had only a few reports of the burn out issue. I'm just making people aware of an existing fault - least they blame the cables for it.
Bruce, thanks for clarifying. I did notice that on the LCI Conversion wire harnasses, there was an extra wire coming from the LCI plug head to the tail lights on both the L and R sides. I wonder if this is to address the issue you have raised.

Regardless, your open communication in clarifying issues is certainly appreciated!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i need to place an order with my supplier, so need to know what the demand for this is going to be like. With the V6.1L I am going to ask people to agree to a Disclaimer and my Terms and Conditions of sale. The reason the V6.1L has taken this long is because I ran this in my car for 6 months before sending out a few samples. I know the items work but people should be aware of the potential fault that exists on LCI cars where the tail-light wiring overheats and burns. This is a fault that BMW introduced, not myself.
I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE BLAMING ME.
If you cannot accept these terms please do not buy these.

See https://5series.net/forums/e60-discu...2/#post1381672
Thanks for the update.

Well, I am in. If you need an LCI car to test just let me know. I will gladly purchase your new setup and will fully accept the terms you mentioned.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by horse86
So worse case scenario the plug melts and you need a new plug? Or the whole tail light could be damaged and need to be replaced?

Is it probably safe to say if you have an older LCI car, such as an 08, and have not had the issue it is pretty unlikely that you will encounter the issue?
There doesn't appear to be any correlation between the age of the car and the issue. But if you've been ok so far it should be fine. As I said this cable doesn't increase the likelihood of you noticing the problem. When it does happen it all depends on how soon you notice the problem, it can vary between just melting the plug to melting the plug and the bulb holder. I haven't heard of any cases where the entire light has been damaged. Luckily both the plug and the bulb holder are available as spares.

Originally Posted by OzMosis
Bruce, thanks for clarifying. I did notice that on the LCI Conversion wire harnasses, there was an extra wire coming from the LCI plug head to the tail lights on both the L and R sides. I wonder if this is to address the issue you have raised.

Regardless, your open communication in clarifying issues is certainly appreciated!
No, the extra wire it to drive the extra light i.e. the LED bars.

Originally Posted by iamnatio
Thanks for the update.

Well, I am in. If you need an LCI car to test just let me know. I will gladly purchase your new setup and will fully accept the terms you mentioned.
Check you're PM, you're next in line to receive the first few sets.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:52 AM
New Members

Check you're PM, you're next in line to receive the first few sets.
What about me??? PM sent
Old 12-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by horse86
What about me??? PM sent
You are next. I hope that I can get this to you before the year ends or even better Christmas!!

Everyone else will need to form a nice orderly queue :-)
Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Contributors

group buy now started, hurry.

https://5series.net/forums/group-buy...ill-up-128977/