E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

URGENT! Update progman / coding after installing Dension Gateway,

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just recently had the Dension Gateway 500, BTA1500 and AVR installed to my 2004 e60. It all works like a charm. However, there are a number of other unrelated issues for which I would like the car coded to the latest Progman/ISPNA by the dealer.

My car is with the dealer right now and he has just called me and said that the system cannot communicate with the TCU (bluetooth) and Video unit. I have explained that this is expected as the OEM units are not installed. I have asked the dealer to ignore any errors relating to these units and proceed with the update. However, he has said that the system would not allow him to continue with the coding due to these 2 units failing to communicate. I also asked him to reset all errors and just code the car or even, uninstall the bluetooth and video options, code the car and then re-enable them. The dealer in all cases has said that this was not possible.

He is saying that the only thing possible would be to physically disconnect the dension units and then code the car.

I am desperate to have the car coded. Could anyone please explain how the car can be coded without having to disconnect everything???

A quick reply would be highly appreciated!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by Speed' post='963856' date='Aug 3 2009, 11:37 AM
I have just recently had the Dension Gateway 500, BTA1500 and AVR installed to my 2004 e60. It all works like a charm. However, there are a number of other unrelated issues for which I would like the car coded to the latest Progman/ISPNA by the dealer.

My car is with the dealer right now and he has just called me and said that the system cannot communicate with the TCU (bluetooth) and Video unit. I have explained that this is expected as the OEM units are not installed. I have asked the dealer to ignore any errors relating to these units and proceed with the update. However, he has said that the system would not allow him to continue with the coding due to these 2 units failing to communicate. I also asked him to reset all errors and just code the car or even, uninstall the bluetooth and video options, code the car and then re-enable them. The dealer in all cases has said that this was not possible.

He is saying that the only thing possible would be to physically disconnect the dension units and then code the car.

I am desperate to have the car coded. Could anyone please explain how the car can be coded without having to disconnect everything???

A quick reply would be highly appreciated!!!!
if you flip the switch on the box with the rca plugs to the up position, it should bypass the dension and show your CD changer present. not sure what that implies for the BT and vid units though, I have the factory BT and no video.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Members

The switch is flipped to CDC and errors are reported by the BTA1500 and AVR.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i titanium grey 6 speed manual with light grey interior. Nav, L7, cold weather, sport, sat. Modifications: suede headliner, pianno black interior trim, Ipod dock, Mtech front bumper, Angel Eyes, and flat black kidney grills.

Originally Posted by Speed' post='963868' date='Aug 3 2009, 08:48 AM
The switch is flipped to CDC and errors are reported by the BTA1500 and AVR.
I am not sure about the computer at the dealership, but I can tell you my mechanic's autologic tool has a software program in the CIP menu specifically for the Gateway 500, the BTA1500, and the AVR. However you might have to be in bypass mode in order to program the related modules for the Gateway. Can you post pictures of the AVR unit for us? The AVR unit is not shown well on Dension's website and specifically I would like to see the cable it uses to get the video on the factory display screen.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61 525D 2008 m-sport

I'm going to install a Dension GW 500 + AVR. I don't have the TV option so I've to get the dealer to enable this option. Keep us updated if you are able to solve this problem. I'll post more information when I've installed the GW and AVR and the my dealer has (if possible) coded the option
Old 08-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Members

The AVR and BTA1500 are already installed and coded by the person who installed the units. So they are working without a problem.

The issue I have is with the software update at the dealers. I had taken some pictures of all the units so will dig these out.

In the meantime, I am just praying that someone has a suggestion on how the dealer should be able to update to the latest progman although the dension units are refusing to communicate.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Progman is no longer used, its called ITSA/p, with progman you could update individual moduls but with ISTA/p the whole car has to be updated regardless and it will fail the whole update if it comes across a problem
Old 08-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Members

I'm aware of the ISTA/P issue. so how does this now work with the Dension? Perhaps the only way to do this would be to disconnect the dension BTA1500 and AVR.

Where are our Dension experts gone????