E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Upgraded to MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60: 2004 545i - Sport steptronic Rear & side sun shades Heated seats & steering wheel Sport & Winter packages Adaptive headlights Exterior: OEM M5 Front Bumper OEM M5 Fenders 20" 163 Replica M6 wheels Debadged Performance: OEM E60 M5 Big Brake Kit ***Removed*** AFE CAI (HOT air intake lol.) (not to happy with upgrade) Lighting: MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes Motorcepts License Plate Lamps Motorcepts Amber Signals (Front & Rear) Motorcepts Amber Side Markers Motorcepts D2S 6000K low beams (Awesome!) Sound: Stocker than a mutha eff'er!

Originally Posted by NguyenAzn
is your car non-project xeon right ? regular halogen without projector right ?
in the picture you are looking at in my signature its only the angel eyes on, no other light is on.

However i did upgrade the low beam to the D2S 6000k bulb, via Motorcepts upgrade options.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Yah, you're pretty new to the forum, that's why you are unfamiliar with my name.

In any case, I am pretty sure I have done by far the most Orion installs out of anyone on this board.
How did you manage to actually make that sound gangsta?

Jokes aside, you aren't kidding - you've definitely done more than anyone who's ever posted on this side. Wish you were in NY I was in Cali!

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
thanks for the pix Chris and the comment! The pictures are definitely nice.
+1000

These actually look pretty good even from pics.

BTW Chris, the ride looks clean!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, thanks V.

Projector vs. reflector is easy to tell. Projector (xenon) has a glass ball to project light, while reflector (halogen) is simply silver/chrome housing reflecting light.

The OP has projector.

NguyenAzn, I guess you'll never give up will you. There and in the foreseeable future, there will be no PNP solution for halogens to make the angel eyes visible. Do the Orions already. It's been practically two years since you first asked about it.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Members

My Ride: E60: 2004 545i - Sport steptronic Rear & side sun shades Heated seats & steering wheel Sport & Winter packages Adaptive headlights Exterior: OEM M5 Front Bumper OEM M5 Fenders 20" 163 Replica M6 wheels Debadged Performance: OEM E60 M5 Big Brake Kit ***Removed*** AFE CAI (HOT air intake lol.) (not to happy with upgrade) Lighting: MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes Motorcepts License Plate Lamps Motorcepts Amber Signals (Front & Rear) Motorcepts Amber Side Markers Motorcepts D2S 6000K low beams (Awesome!) Sound: Stocker than a mutha eff'er!

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Haha, thanks V.

Projector vs. reflector is easy to tell. Projector (xenon) has a glass ball to project light, while reflector (halogen) is simply silver/chrome housing reflecting light.

The OP has projector.

NguyenAzn, I guess you'll never give up will you. There and in the foreseeable future, there will be no PNP solution for halogens to make the angel eyes visible. Do the Orions already. It's been practically two years since you first asked about it.

There goes the more expierence answer we were looking for.. thank you Nomis
Old 05-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Contributors

actually, didn't John@Motorcepts have an HID solution for AE's in halogen heads?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Nope. Two years ago John was selling high powered T10 bulb replacements. However, those required resistors, weren't actually visible in daylight, and blew out constantly. I don't know if he still sells them, probably not because it's really a hopeless cause for pre-LCI halogens.

Edit: PNP that is. In my mind right now, I think it would be possible to hack away at the socket and wire up larger and brighter LEDs for each ring, and in theory, it could potentially be brighter than what the pre-LCI xenons can achieve. (something like rigging up 4 Mtec v3s -- since halogen rings are powered individually)

Obviously, this wouldn't not be PNP at all, and definitely not for most people.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Contributors

This is just too crazy... I say, if you're not getting orions, these V3's seem to be the best out. nuff said, 'pologies for thread crappin
Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

Originally Posted by patelE60
If you dont mind me asking..how much was V3.0 ??

i know V2 is around $130...

also, does motorcept install them? if so how much do they charge with installlation?

i am in south jersey...and if its worth it..dont mind driving to queens.
So worth the trip. I'm in Brick,NJ by Pt. Pleasant. I got my AE's and license plate LED's, rpi scoop done by John. Great guys at the shop and they know their stuff! Going to go get my HID fogs installed soon. Again, it's worth the trip...
Attached Thumbnails Upgraded to MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes-image-2.jpeg  
Old 06-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Contributors

John! PM me for these V3s! I have the MTEC V2 right now and if these V3 Motorcepts are better by far I'm willing to buy.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport Package// Cold Weather Package// Premium Package

OK woah, i'm sold to the mtec v3s. Was a bit hesitant but this thread cleared the doubts. Was planning on doing the orions but just like the OP i dont have the courage on doing so and here in ny there isn't anyone with experience. Guess i'll stop by motorcepts

Quick Reply: Upgraded to MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes