E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Upgraded to MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Yikes! $240....at that price range it sounds like one would just jump over to the full LED option via Orion V2.....right?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60: 2004 545i - Sport steptronic Rear & side sun shades Heated seats & steering wheel Sport & Winter packages Adaptive headlights Exterior: OEM M5 Front Bumper OEM M5 Fenders 20" 163 Replica M6 wheels Debadged Performance: OEM E60 M5 Big Brake Kit ***Removed*** AFE CAI (HOT air intake lol.) (not to happy with upgrade) Lighting: MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes Motorcepts License Plate Lamps Motorcepts Amber Signals (Front & Rear) Motorcepts Amber Side Markers Motorcepts D2S 6000K low beams (Awesome!) Sound: Stocker than a mutha eff'er!

Originally Posted by umichchris
Yikes! $240....at that price range it sounds like one would just jump over to the full LED option via Orion V2.....right?

I think it depends on a few diffrent things: if you want to go with Orions
I find that openning the headlights.. is just an extended cost.. aside from maybe damging them in a DIY project.

Than there is always the finding someone that will install them, but then what.. someone else cracks a lens... (it it your fault or their fault???)

I went with the plug and play replacement led option.. I love the brightness.. compared to the dull yellow it was, and i have a place that i can go back to at any time if something goes wrong.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by ChrisHostos
Than there is always the finding someone that will install them, but then what.. someone else cracks a lens... (it it your fault or their fault???)
Sorry to derail a little on topic, but I have never crack a lens nor heard of anyone doing so in installing the Orions. I can't even envision how that would happen since you're not opening it up from that area.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Members

My Ride: E60: 2004 545i - Sport steptronic Rear & side sun shades Heated seats & steering wheel Sport & Winter packages Adaptive headlights Exterior: OEM M5 Front Bumper OEM M5 Fenders 20" 163 Replica M6 wheels Debadged Performance: OEM E60 M5 Big Brake Kit ***Removed*** AFE CAI (HOT air intake lol.) (not to happy with upgrade) Lighting: MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes Motorcepts License Plate Lamps Motorcepts Amber Signals (Front & Rear) Motorcepts Amber Side Markers Motorcepts D2S 6000K low beams (Awesome!) Sound: Stocker than a mutha eff'er!

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Sorry to derail a little on topic, but I have never crack a lens nor heard of anyone doing so in installing the Orions. I can't even envision how that would happen since you're not opening it up from that area.

@nomis_nehc
Considering you used plural for "lens" it seems like you have done more than one installation. so the chances for a mishap is less likely.

In my opinion, any first time DIY jobs, are more likely to have mistakes, espicially with a housing opening.

my statements were personal opinions vs. the pricing options for Orions vs. MTEC V3.0.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by ChrisHostos
@nomis_nehc
Considering you used plural for "lens" it seems like you have done more than one installation. so the chances for a mishap is less likely.

In my opinion, any first time DIY jobs, are more likely to have mistakes, espicially with a housing opening.

my statements were personal opinions vs. the pricing options for Orions vs. MTEC V3.0.
Yah, you're pretty new to the forum, that's why you are unfamiliar with my name.

In any case, I am pretty sure I have done by far the most Orion installs out of anyone on this board.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Yah, you're pretty new to the forum, that's why you are unfamiliar with my name.

In any case, I am pretty sure I have done by far the most Orion installs out of anyone on this board.

If I ever get tired of the MTEC V3.0... I will be sure to PM you on the Orion upgrade.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

thanks for the pix Chris and the comment! The pictures are definitely nice.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2007

is your car non-project xeon right ? regular halogen without projector right ?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NguyenAzn
I believe there projector.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NguyenAzn

A more expierenced person should chime in.. as i am unsure.

In the past i have looked it up and what i found was when the car starts up, if your lights are on, they will level up and down if the car has Low beam Xenons. This is true for pre and post LCI models.

So my final answer is Pre-LCI Xenons, with adaptive feature.

(please dont quote me on this, as i may be wrong. )

Quick Reply: Upgraded to MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes