E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Upgrade idrive controller

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

garyk - if you are anywhere near London I will be there for almost two weeks starting July 2nd. I'd be happy to have a look at your car and coding set-up and help you get the new controller working correctly.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys I've been reading and trying to familiarize myself with winkfp in order to complete this mod as well. I recently downloaded WinKFP v 5.1.6 and when I went to install It told me the program cannot be installed on this operating system version. I thought this was strange as I currently use my windows 7 laptop with inpa and ncs expert. So my question is; is there a version of winkfp that can be installed on my windows 7 laptop?????
Old 06-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Sublime
garyk - if you are anywhere near London I will be there for almost two weeks starting July 2nd. I'd be happy to have a look at your car and coding set-up and help you get the new controller working correctly.
Hi there, thanks soo much for the offer, yes i am based in east london and i also have a garage in buckingham so i am always somewhere

I tried updating my ccc yesterday and i got the dreaded 'SECURITY ACCESS DENIED' after the 100% after a day of searching the internet its working again but doesnt seem to be updated and controller still doenst work, not even the old one.

are there any other modules i need to update?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by spediegunz
hey guys I've been reading and trying to familiarize myself with winkfp in order to complete this mod as well. I recently downloaded WinKFP v 5.1.6 and when I went to install It told me the program cannot be installed on this operating system version. I thought this was strange as I currently use my windows 7 laptop with inpa and ncs expert. So my question is; is there a version of winkfp that can be installed on my windows 7 laptop?????
If im not wrong you can install it using windows compatability mode, im not sure how good it is but all you should need to do is right click on the setup icon PROPERTIES, COMPATABILITY, and then click on RUN AS then select which operating system you want to use it with.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by garyk
If im not wrong you can install it using windows compatability mode, im not sure how good it is but all you should need to do is right click on the setup icon PROPERTIES, COMPATABILITY, and then click on RUN AS then select which operating system you want to use it with.
thanks garyk i tried your suggestion and it appears that it worked
Old 06-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Members

Guys does the CCC need to be updated or just the CGate ?

I successfully updated the CGate but not the actual CCC.

Could this be the reason the new controller isn't working?

I am able to see the new controller via tool32 and test all buttons there. But since I updated the CGate via the dcan cable no controllers work any more. Unit new or old. I have tried low. Low with slopes. And high but nothing on any of them.

Anybody have any ideas???
Old 06-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Members

Anyone?
Old 08-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Members

HI,
How long does it take to update the C-GATE via OBD?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

My update took maybe 30 minutes max which included a verification thats is automatic. I had to enter my complete VIN when updating.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:52 PM
New Members

My Ride: e90 and e60

Hello i would like reprog my cgate for the cic controler but when i see the zusb in my ccc , is start 916xxxx for application , cgate , radio , ask, and ccc. Winkfp use 918xxxx or 919xxxx . The ccc is a retrofit (my car is e60 2008 and the ccc e63 2007) i can program the cgate for 919xxxx for work the controller ? Or is risked ?

Quick Reply: Upgrade idrive controller