E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Update on DPE's and a sub par tire work at Wheel Techniques Santa

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Oh man sorry to hear. Some shops don't have the experience doing a stretched tire but would rather keep trying and trying risking damage than admitting it to the customer.
As much as I don't want to believe that I I really feel that tis may be the case
Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
dammmmmnnn when you texted me about this last night i didnt get a good picture but ya A CHUNK of tire missing is a big problem.

I really hope they own up to it and pay for the improper dismount and remount, its almost like they put waaaaay too much air in it or something.

let me know if i can help, btw still waiting on fedex

Yea man. Sh*t just keeps preventing me from getting these put on the car
Old 03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

hope you get this all sorted out jr!! eagerly waiting to see these hot wheels installed
Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

The thing urking' me is not the tire mounting, but the fact that they didn't pc the rivets. That was something they could've controlled the outcome of!
I just bought a set of DPEs from a member here. Great deal, but same thing, I thought I could just slap on tires and go....not so fast. They required some hub rings and the offsets were a little crazy at first which added to as much math as a senior in high school finding the right tire combo , but I'm actually really digging the stance now.
Pics soon...and GL!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Members

That sucks man. DPE wheels are cursed. Mine are at DPE being re-barreled because one was all bent up. I still have to buy tires, so I haven't even gotten to the fun part. I'm praying for both of us, man!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

They are not cursed!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jg525i
hope you get this all sorted out jr!! eagerly waiting to see these hot wheels installed
Thanks Justin. Nothing special compared to your makeover, but I'm trying to keep up however I can.

Originally Posted by PlanB
The thing urking' me is not the tire mounting, but the fact that they didn't pc the rivets. That was something they could've controlled the outcome of!
I just bought a set of DPEs from a member here. Great deal, but same thing, I thought I could just slap on tires and go....not so fast. They required some hub rings and the offsets were a little crazy at first which added to as much math as a senior in high school finding the right tire combo , but I'm actually really digging the stance now.
Pics soon...and GL!
they claimed that the rivets would just chip once they tried to assemble the wheels back together. It makes me wonder how poor the job would have been if they did since rivets are not manufactured in color anyways so nearly all the wheels with colored rivets had to powder coat or paint them. Whatever. Im over it. Thanks for the compliment tho.

Originally Posted by JonnyD3487
That sucks man. DPE wheels are cursed. Mine are at DPE being re-barreled because one was all bent up. I still have to buy tires, so I haven't even gotten to the fun part. I'm praying for both of us, man!
DPE is definitely not cursed. It's me that's cursed. Whatever tho. Im over it. I already purchased my new tires and will pick them up tomorrow at Auto RnD in Fremont. Got an appointment with a fender puller shortly after that so hopefully nothing gets in my way
Old 03-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Yikes, sorry to hear JR. I was actually just thinking today that I never saw a follow up FB update after that other status you put up about wheels getting put on.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Yikes, sorry to hear JR. I was actually just thinking today that I never saw a follow up FB update after that other status you put up about wheels getting put on.
Yea man, this was disheartening to say the least, but I can't dwell on that crap cuz it will just give me give me an ulcer. I ended getting 200 bucks from Wheel Techniques and that was after A LOT of arguing. I didn't even get to speak with the owner. He was having his front desk guy act as the messenger. Would I go back or recommend another member to Wheel techniques?? Probably not. They did an OK job on the parts that went right, but that has yet to be seen. All they really did was disassemble my wheels and powedercoat the lips gloss black. God forbid that the wheels aren't properly sealed I don't know what the hell I'd do.

Tomorrow at 10AM the wheels get slapped on after I have the fender work done at Auto RnD in Fremont.. I may end up having them put a little camber on the rear during the alignment just to ensure that there isn't any damage during bumps and dips. Pics to follow
Old 03-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Senior Members

Talk about headaches!!!!! After rerolling my fenders, pulling them a bit and even running -3 camber my wheels STILL ended up hitting the rear fenders. Shit didn't even stay cherry for a day

My project for this weekend was getting the wheels refinished and then raising the car back up. Im pretty sad its not as slammed as I want it to be but I gotta do what I gotta do since it's a DD. I may end up running spacers in the rear to prevent any more damage to the lip. I'd rather take the hit on the tires then the wheels themselves. Tomorrow Imma get the car re-aligned and hopefully get the fitment right. Here's how its sitting right now.

Quick Reply: Update on DPE's and a sub par tire work at Wheel Techniques Santa