E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza vs. Trinity (Bodykits)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
both are made of the same material and both fit the same....

Trinity's fitment seems better. I had issues with my MTech side skirts from Umnitza and will not buy from them again. On the other hand, Trinity's front M5-Tech fit perfect.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

I debated for a while between buying my front bumper and sides from Umnitza vs Trinity and ultimately chose Umnitza.

The CS rep I spoke with at Umnitza seemed to really know his stuff and you could clearly tell that he was an ethusiast (not to say the guys at Trinity aren't). I asked him about the difference between Umnitza and Trinity and he said that it's the same stuff, but Umnitza is a direct vendor whereas Trinity goes through another layer. Whether this is true or not, I can't confirm...but I will say it was substantially less expensive to order the parts through Umnitza. Shipping was fast, parts were packaged very well, and the guys at the body shop said that this was one of the best non-OE "kits" that they'd ever seen.

My car is at the bodyshop right now getting the bumper and sides fitted. I'll post pics when I get it back.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wasupdu
I debated for a while between buying my front bumper and sides from Umnitza vs Trinity and ultimately chose Umnitza.

The CS rep I spoke with at Umnitza seemed to really know his stuff and you could clearly tell that he was an ethusiast (not to say the guys at Trinity aren't). I asked him about the difference between Umnitza and Trinity and he said that it's the same stuff, but Umnitza is a direct vendor whereas Trinity goes through another layer. Whether this is true or not, I can't confirm...but I will say it was substantially less expensive to order the parts through Umnitza. Shipping was fast, parts were packaged very well, and the guys at the body shop said that this was one of the best non-OE "kits" that they'd ever seen.

My car is at the bodyshop right now getting the bumper and sides fitted. I'll post pics when I get it back.
Glad you had such a great experience unlike me, who had to drive 70 miles to pickup my Umnitza bought side skirts from a Greyhound bus station in DT Chicago in the middle of the hood because they couldn't drop ship. That was great fun.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Glad you had such a great experience unlike me, who had to drive 70 miles to pickup my Umnitza bought side skirts from a Greyhound bus station in DT Chicago in the middle of the hood because they couldn't drop ship. That was great fun.
Will the whole bumper fit in our E60?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

they could drop ship it you just have to pay more for that, i had those options but the greyhound was like 10 mins from my house
Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
I had thought they were from the same manufacturer but just being sold from different vendors.
Same factory makes them. Same factory ships them. We go direct, others use a local supplier. No big deal. They are the same bumpers, same everything. We just save money by skipping a layer and pass that onto you.

Originally Posted by akgolfpro
I went with UMNITZA, I had a problem with one of the bumpers and they are taking care of it! I look forward to doing business with them in the future their prices are good and fair to work with!
Thank you. Please contact us re: rear so we can get that to you when they come in

Originally Posted by wasupdu

Look forward to the photos. Please contact us if you need any further assistance.

All of these parts ship to the nearest greyhound and are prearranged with the customer ahead of time. If you email us your name, we can look up the specifics of your order (your order number would help) and see what the circumstances are/were.

Originally Posted by rjcastr
they could drop ship it you just have to pay more for that, i had those options but the greyhound was like 10 mins from my house
Correct, Greyhound offers a delivery service for $50-75 depending on the area. This is still about $50-70 less than comparable companies - Fedex/UPS and about on par with freight companies for business delivery (but residential is usually $30-50 more with freight companies).

Anyone ever wanting to order but doesn't know where their nearest greyhound station is has 2 really good ways to find out:

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/locations/locations.asp

or,

what we do, we usually input your address into the Google/Bing maps and then type in "greyhound" and it finds the nearest place for you complete with directions.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Been getting some OT at work, are either of you vendors shipping to Canada?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Contributors

IMO, I would pay the extra $50.00 to have Trinity ship it directly to my address. Greyhound? do they insure the packages if they get damaged during transit, the same as Fedex or UPS?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by D33ZNUT5
Been getting some OT at work, are either of you vendors shipping to Canada?
When shipping to Canada, we ship directly to a location nearest to you at the border - as in directly at that Greyhound station. Pick up is very easy.

Originally Posted by dbae1978
IMO, I would pay the extra $50.00 to have Trinity ship it directly to my address. Greyhound? do they insure the packages if they get damaged during transit, the same as Fedex or UPS?
No, I guess I wasn't entirely clear. The $50 was a surcharge for delivery, the actual cost of Fedex/UPS is usually $100-150 more depending on where you are, and Freight is usually $75-125 more.

Fedex/UPS charges from $150-190 for 1 bumper, and $40-60 for the side skirts. Combined shipping can be upwards of $300 for the complete package. Freight companies charge between $120-180 depending on size/location/residential.

Admittedly, hearing a bus company as the preferred shipping method is humorous at first, til you visit the station - then you realize, almost everyone is doing it

Greyhound has damaged only 2 packages in over 2000+ we've shipped with them in the last year. They offer insurance (which pays, unlike Fedex that doesn't care and you usually lose your claim due to silly "not properly packaged" rules), they offer direct pick up, and you get up to 3 days in storage, and only $2 per day up to 30 days for the bumper to stay there.

The benefits of Greyhound far outweigh any negatives of self-pick up - a) you can choose when to be there (no more waiting at your location for the package to sign for it) most locations are open at crackhead hours b) you don't have LOST boxes aka stolen like you do with Fedex/UPS ), c) and Greyhound can often times deliver a box cross country in 3-4 days - those of you in on the west coast - Seattle down to San Diego can get your bumpers same day sometimes without paying extra.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Well trinity doesnt charge $100-$150 to ship their rep bumper so I dont know what you guys are paying to ship it greyhound but even if you ship it greyhound for $60, thats right in there with what trinity charges to go directly to your house

Quick Reply: Umnitza vs. Trinity (Bodykits)