E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza Pickup at Greyhound..possible with E60?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

u need a truck the boxes are huge
Old 07-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

I would suggest having the body shop that is going to paint your kit pick it up from greyhound. They should be happy to do it to earn your business. I picked a body shop somewhat nearby the greyhound station. On the day of arrival, I drove to the body shop and went with one of their guys to the greyhound station in a company truck. You need to be there to sign for it.

I must've had it stored there for at least a week before I actually got it painted and installed (I needed my car for that week and couldn't leave it overnight at the shop).

Good luck! Keep us posted and definitely post pics when it's installed.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Originally Posted by umichchris
i was able to fit my side skirts easily and a front bumper by taking everything out the box and using some smart angling....

good luck!

+1. I remember picking up the front/sides directly from umnitza and the only issue was the side skirts semi-obstructing my driving because it was next to my face! Btw, folding rear seats is a must unless you tie the sides on top of your car. GL!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

I have a full size Ford van and mine filled the whole back of the van!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 550i jet black, Loaded
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N62B48

Give Greyhound a call to see if they do drop off in your area, the chances are they will drive a van and deliver to your door for another $20. That's exactly what I've done to get my parts, didn't even need to drive to the station to pick up
forgot to mention, YMMV
Old 07-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by peter griffin
Give Greyhound a call to see if they do drop off in your area, the chances are they will drive a van and deliver to your door for another $20. That's exactly what I've done to get my parts, didn't even need to drive to the station to pick up
forgot to mention, YMMV
I have never used Greyhound, but I have heard of this as well.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Members

Wow, well let me say this never would have fit in my 545...haha. But my god Umnitza did one hell of a job packing it. This box couldn't haven been damaged if it was dropped out of plane. Thanks Umitza can't wait to install!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW M5

i took mine in the CAR, but made 2 separate trips. trip-1 was front and rear bumpers, trip-2 was the side skirts.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
u need a truck the boxes are huge
+1 I've seen the boxes on how the bumpers and side skirts are shipped they are huge!!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black/BlacK

Originally Posted by balbs
I recall reading that a member here carried the rear bumper with one of the ends sticking out of the sunroof.

What I did was lean front passenger seat all the way back. From the rear driver-side door, bring the sideskirts in and place them on the passenger seat. The front bumper went on the back seat with a part of it on top of the sideskirts. Use lots of padding. All the hardware can go in the trunk. I don't know where you will put the rear bumper though. I guess a second car would be required for that...or a truck.

I got the rear bumper in the back seat with both "fins" /ends sticking out the back windows lol but yea definately get a truck or something to be easy for yourself

Quick Reply: Umnitza Pickup at Greyhound..possible with E60?