E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza m5tech kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

it would be good also post in the buyer/seller feedback section regarding your experiences with vendors here, as to help other members make informed decisions when purchasing products...

https://5series.net/forums/forum/34-...ller-feedback/
Old 03-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Shydee
I recently purchased m5tech front sides and mtech rear from umnitza.
Im get down to it and tell you some pros and cons bout them.

Pros:
All i can say is they try to help... (But have no idea about their own products)...

Cons:
1. Prep is horrible on the bumpers. Needed to pay extra for more work.
2. Fog projector was broken when i got it. Replaced me with wrong side. Wouldnt send me the right side till i send them back.
3. Sent me the wrong mtech diffusor. I had my shop send me a video of it with pictures since umnitza needed proof. After i send them the video with proof they still wouldnt send me a new one till i send them back the wrong diffusor..... I dont think they check what they send out. Had to pay them deposit for the mtech diffusor to get them to send it out.
4. Fitment was around 90% good.. Needed lot of work on the front to make it fit.. Short side( when i was promised that this would be checked before shipping).. Mtech diffusor is pretty off... Doesnt sit flush with the bumper..
5.They never sent me the tow hitch cover on the mtech rear...

Im glad this is over though.
Never want to deal with them.......
Paul,

I value all your feedback, so I wanted to reply to make sure we are addressing your needs/concerns. We shipped your package within 48 hours of payment (mostly because Pilot couldn't pick up the same day as we requested).
You received the package on the 8th. so 5 business days and notified us of a broken fog light.
Did you get a new fog light yet?

Your shop didn't exactly send the best pictures, that is why we requested a deposit for a new diffuser, a fully refundable deposit. Normally, if you just send it back, we pay for the return shipping and get you one. yes, it was our fault (new shipping guy put in the wrong diffuser with the kit, totally our fault).

As for the tow cover, you notified us almost 1.5 months later that you were missing a tow cover. I'm sorry, but your body shop misplaced this. We could have purchased you one from our dealer (we do not have extras) as a good faith gesture, but you didn't wait for that reply, not sure why... We checked all the shipment contents prior to shipping. And while we made a mistake on the diffuser (darned new shipping guy) we did not make 2 mistakes in leaving it out, we have a check list.

I do hope you'll consider working with us to resolve issues you may have - you have our PM.

PS: We've never once heard of a poor fitting diffuser, I'd be inclined to believe your shop didn't put in the proper effort to insure proper fit. I suggest taking some quality photos and seeking a second opinion at another shop.

Originally Posted by Elvis T
It looks like they are taking care of things in a good manner.

Please email us to let us know if you have been completely assisted on this.

Originally Posted by umichchris
a buddy of mind bought his whole kit from umnitza....the shipping was a total diacle and then the front bumper was cracked near the front air dam....add to that he specifically requested the pre-LCI PDC kit....but they sent him the LCI version so we had to toss out all his old sensors smh.
K. was aware of this and we had explained all the details to him prior to shipment. If you would like to be his advocate by all means, call or email us. But you don't have all the facts here. 99% of the "service" grips are due to Greyhound shipping. We're working on that. FYI- you did purchase angel eyes from us, that was delivered to you promptly...

BTW - your wrapping skills came out nice with the body kit your friend received (and the Orion V2 as well).

Originally Posted by mo858
trinity doesn't sell the Mtech front. they only have the M5tech front. my mailman saw my car and ordered the Mtech kit from Umnitza, but was sent the M5tech front as well. so he has to send it back at their cost and will receive the correct bumper. guess i was really lucky with mine, but then again, i kept stressing to them that i wanted the Mtech and NOT the M5tech bumper.
Can't apologize enough, but we've already sent out a new one to him! So sorry about this.

Originally Posted by tgm001
Same thing as your friend just happened to me !! ! Now, my front bumper is at the shop to repair this crack, have to pay now 100$ for this !
You picked up the bumper from the Greyhound station, then transported it to your facility. Whenever you receive a bumper, you should always open it the minute you pick it up. There is no way to determine if your crack happened during transport back into Canada or any other time. Sorry it happened like this, but we did spent quite a bit of time on the phone trying to assist you with this. And I recall one of our agents telling you that had this crack happened while the bumper was still at the Greyhound station, we would have recalled it and sent you another one. And as anyone here knows, we overpack these bumper packages beyond anything you've ever seen...

So no, it's not the same thing...
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Boost7
mo858 - can you post up some pictures so we can all see how your kit turned out? I been thinking of making a purchase from umnitza, but wanted to see how the current batches of Mtech kit looked like installed. How much more work was involve to make it fit decently?
You will have no issues provided your shop is good.

Originally Posted by mo858
my experience was great. i didn't have to modify anything. i did buy the OEM brackets discussed on the forum for the rear and the front OEM brake air ducts though. your experience may vary.

a couple of cell phone pics
Attachment 131496
Attachment 131497

met up with another member who had an OEM kit. sorry it was already dark out and no street lights.

Attachment 131498
Attachment 131499
Your experience was great most likely because your body shop knew what they were doing. Your kit is no different than any other kit we've ever shipped.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 E60 528i 6MT, Sports Package, Premium Package, Navigation

Originally Posted by umnitza
You will have no issues provided your shop is good.Your experience was great most likely because your body shop knew what they were doing. Your kit is no different than any other kit we've ever shipped.
my cousin and I installed the kit ourselves, so there was no need for any modifications by a body shop.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've dealt and purchased items from Trinity and Umnitza. All in all, great customer service and products from BOTH vendors. My front M5Tech bumper was purchased through Trinity - no fitment issues at all. Few months later, I purchased side skirts, M5 rear bumper, & quad exhaust from Umnitza and had no fitment issues at all either. The shop who installed the Umnitza products said they've installed Umnitza products before without any fitment issue.

Again just from my personal experience, I recommend both vendors.

Best wishes to all!
Old 03-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Originally Posted by umnitza
You picked up the bumper from the Greyhound station, then transported it to your facility. Whenever you receive a bumper, you should always open it the minute you pick it up. There is no way to determine if your crack happened during transport back into Canada or any other time. Sorry it happened like this, but we did spent quite a bit of time on the phone trying to assist you with this. And I recall one of our agents telling you that had this crack happened while the bumper was still at the Greyhound station, we would have recalled it and sent you another one. And as anyone here knows, we overpack these bumper packages beyond anything you've ever seen...

So no, it's not the same thing...
But it's frustrating, cuz I know that I didn't do this crack and it was already there, dunno if it's you or greyhound but still, I'm supposed to receive what I bought,,,a new one and not a one with a crack,,sure you've tried to help me out with this and I can't say nothing about the customer service wich is good , but still I had to pay 100$ to repair it, something that I didn't expect,...so I know you can understand how I feel,,

For the other parts than I bought from you guys, everything's great and the fitment for front, the lip, the rear and the side skirts is very very good for a replica kit ! What I need to do now is to install the projector fogs with xenon and the spoiler...and Painting !!!

So overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase from Umnitza in terms of products and customer service !! ,, just disappointed with this crack issue..