E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

UMNITZA ICE V2 - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='447774' date='Jul 14 2007, 05:49 PM
Ouch!! My hands, my waist all hurt big time, just replacing Headlights lol..

sorry to hear that coolguy!

im sure some guys from the meet will be taking a look at the V2 ice and compare to v2 aib, lets see what they will tell us

rj
Old 07-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

I dont know about V2 AIB, may have to check out their AIB v3... I am definitely not satisfied with ICE v2 Ouput. I liked $29 XENIX Highbeam, but didnt like $200 ICE V2 output

Just curious - When I took out the OEM Angeleyes out, it is marked as 10W bulb and ICE V2 is 5W... How is ICE supposed to be brighter than OEM?

nicke60gre - Thanks man, I had to use screwdrive to take those side metallic clips off lol.. Also Since u can use a "some kinda plate" to get diff colors (RG, has anyone tried that with OEM Angeleyes to get white color?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='447779' date='Jul 14 2007, 04:02 PM
I dont know about V2 AIB, may have to check out their AIB v3... I am definitely not satisfied with ICE v2 Ouput. I liked $29 XENIX Highbeam, but didnt like $200 ICE V2 output

Just curious - When I took out the OEM Angeleyes out, it is marked as 10W bulb and ICE V2 is 5W... How is ICE supposed to be brighter than OEM?

nicke60gre - Thanks man, I had to use screwdrive to take those side metallic clips off lol.. Also Since u can use a "some kinda plate" to get diff colors (RG, has anyone tried that with OEM Angeleyes to get white color?
Some comments for you.

1) I think your expectations were set a little lofty by all the happy people posting on this thread. You have to understand that in order for you to get the maximum benefit of ICE, you have to see it during DUSK and night hours, which is when it really "shines" for lack of a better pun.

2) Your comment about a competitor being bright? It's physically impossible for a 1W product to be brighter than a 5W product. So that's just that.

3) The 10W OE bulb is unrelated to the 5W measurements and aren't related. A 10W LED - now we're talking. But the 10W halogen doesn't produce that much light - it's HELPED significantly in that it spreads that light out into the parabola reflector and that helps increase some of that output. But wait til night, it will really show you the differences.

4) We're working on raising the output already and RGB is only a few days away from receipt as well.

Again, my apologize for perhaps setting your expectations to high.

I've always claimed that my product is 2X brighter than the competitors, but I've never claimed it was 2X brighter than OE, that's left to my other product the Predator Chromium - of which we have over 5000 happy customers.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='447841' date='Jul 14 2007, 09:26 PM
Some comments for you.

1) I think your expectations were set a little lofty by all the happy people posting on this thread. You have to understand that in order for you to get the maximum benefit of ICE, you have to see it during DUSK and night hours, which is when it really "shines" for lack of a better pun.

2) Your comment about a competitor being bright? It's physically impossible for a 1W product to be brighter than a 5W product. So that's just that.

3) The 10W OE bulb is unrelated to the 5W measurements and aren't related. A 10W LED - now we're talking. But the 10W halogen doesn't produce that much light - it's HELPED significantly in that it spreads that light out into the parabola reflector and that helps increase some of that output. But wait til night, it will really show you the differences.

4) We're working on raising the output already and RGB is only a few days away from receipt as well.

Again, my apologize for perhaps setting your expectations to high.

I've always claimed that my product is 2X brighter than the competitors, but I've never claimed it was 2X brighter than OE, that's left to my other product the Predator Chromium - of which we have over 5000 happy customers.

I'll reserve my comments hehehehe!! comparisons are right around the corner!
Old 07-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='447856' date='Jul 14 2007, 07:48 PM
I'll reserve my comments hehehehe!!
can I hope to make this permanent?
I know I'm not the only one asking for this...
Old 07-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='447858' date='Jul 14 2007, 09:51 PM
can I hope to make this permanent?
I know I'm not the only one asking for this...
On that note, i will change my mind, some of your not so happy members will go with AIB v3 one of them might do a comparison with the ice already installed, hopefully then we will put this thread to rest, i have fun with this, its great, listening to some of your giberish. I think it will be funny, im waiting to hear your explenation on how a supposed 1w bulb is brighter than your ever so powerful 5w bulb. In any case i think it looks better than OEM. Ice is way better than OEM , i give you that. Lets try that for marketing. By the way can i order DRL harness? I do like that feature, very, very cool. Your innovations are great, i like the idea of pushing the envelope. How much are all those wires for the DRL? I think i might order me and my friend a set.

cheers
Old 07-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor

LOL - this is hilarious.

here's the bottom line - no marketing hype, the honest truth.

1) I didn't spam this forum for this product, this thread got big because people asked for information and videos and other information. I answered all and continue to do this. I don't make 20 threads hoping you guys might notice my product and purchase it.

2) I don't make false claims and make my customers feel like they've been taken to the lighting cleaners by releasing a new product 2 months after I already took their money and am now telling them "it's time to upgrade" . This isn't Windows with 400 Service Packs.

3) I have no intention of every letting a small company take over what I consider MY market <-- delusional? No. Confident? YES. I started the aftermarket angel eyes craze, I intend to see that it's exactly what I would want to put on my car - brighter and brighter and brighter... If it's clear that someone has something good out there, I'll understand why and improve it. I'm never one to jump at the market just because some guy came up with something shiny to fool all of you into thinking something is better.

4) I don't photoshop my images. Am I lobbing an attack? You take it how you want, but all my images are taken exactly as they are and posted as they are. Hard to trick people on a video eh?

So, frankly, again, you think it through and decide which vendor/product you want to go with based on TRUTH, not advertising.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor

On that note RJ, in all honesty, I have to be on here, but you seem way too interested in all this, is that free product really worth that much aggravation?
Old 07-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='447866' date='Jul 14 2007, 10:02 PM
LOL - this is hilarious.

here's the bottom line - no marketing hype, the honest truth.

1) I didn't spam this forum for this product, this thread got big because people asked for information and videos and other information. I answered all and continue to do this. I don't make 20 threads hoping you guys might notice my product and purchase it.

2) I don't make false claims and make my customers feel like they've been taken to the lighting cleaners by releasing a new product 2 months after I already took their money and am now telling them "it's time to upgrade" . This isn't Windows with 400 Service Packs.

3) I have no intention of every letting a small company take over what I consider MY market <-- delusional? No. Confident? YES. I started the aftermarket angel eyes craze, I intend to see that it's exactly what I would want to put on my car - brighter and brighter and brighter... If it's clear that someone has something good out there, I'll understand why and improve it. I'm never one to jump at the market just because some guy came up with something shiny to fool all of you into thinking something is better.

4) I don't photoshop my images. Am I lobbing an attack? You take it how you want, but all my images are taken exactly as they are and posted as they are. Hard to trick people on a video eh?

So, frankly, again, you think it through and decide which vendor/product you want to go with based on TRUTH, not advertising.

Well said!!!

You do have some product that is just phenomenal, i love your chromium, I'm intrigued by marketing techniques, but bottom line is that the producct speaks for itself, that i admire your committment to continually improve your product and force the competition to come up with something better and brighter, out of curisoity, why so many wires on the V2?
does it have to do with the patent pending that AIB holds? I guess it sucks they beat you to the patent! Nevertheless, Ice or AIB they are both great product that is way better than OE.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='447869' date='Jul 14 2007, 08:07 PM
Well said!!!

You do have some product that is just phenomenal, i love your chromium, I'm intrigued by marketing techniques, but bottom line is that the producct speaks for itself, that i admire your committment to continually improve your product and force the competition to come up with something better and brighter, out of curisoity, why so many wires on the V2?
does it have to do with the patent pending that AIB holds? I guess it sucks they beat you to the patent! Nevertheless, Ice or AIB they are both great product that is way better than OE.
RJ, I'll answer you because you really don't understand or choose simply not to learn how to read. It must be tough for you to drive having to comprehend the pictures on the street signs without actually reading what's written on them ok, I'm joking, don't get so bent out of shape. It's a joke. You actually help me reiterate the points I need to make, so I'm actually grateful.

I can't comment on specifics to the patent, but what I know is it's not going to pass. Plain and simple. Anyone with a lawyer can apply for one. I even applied for a trademark on all the Predator products, it was declined after 6 months of review. It's only a trademark.

Let me say this one last time so you get it, in bold, there are 2 sets of leads on ICE, one set for E39 style connectors and one for E60 style connectors. This is done to save you money if you eve decide to sell your 5 series and get a 6 series, or get an X3, or get an X5, or get whatever. take it out, put it in new car, dont' buy another kit. ANd if you want, use that second lead for DRL.

Good God RJ, you really need to go get a reading class - only pass it this time, don't sit in the back row and doodle car pictures. <-- wanted to add smileys here, this is another joke, please take it as such.

Quick Reply: UMNITZA ICE V2 - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!