E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Tune Up for our engines

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8
Exclamation

This might be a dumb question but i was just wondering what people do when we get our cars tuned up.. im at 55k and i need a tune up soon. so i was thinking, Spark plugs, oil change, brakes, air filter, tranny fuild?? not sure about that.. thanks for the help guys..

I am going to get nkg/ngk? spark plugs? are those good? deluxe axiss brake pads, bmc with rpi scoop, and tranny fuild im not sure.. but i just wanted to know what are the best things to get and if im missing anything, Trinity your going to hearing from me soon... on another note i have a manual and my clutch seems ok but when do you guys with manuals usually get them changed out? Thanks!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ghostteck' post='865213' date='May 1 2009, 11:03 AM
This might be a dumb question but i was just wondering what people do when we get our cars tuned up.. im at 55k and i need a tune up soon. so i was thinking, Spark plugs, oil change, brakes, air filter, tranny fuild?? not sure about that.. thanks for the help guys..

I am going to get nkg/ngk? spark plugs? are those good? deluxe axiss brake pads, bmc with rpi scoop, and tranny fuild im not sure.. but i just wanted to know what are the best things to get and if im missing anything, Trinity your going to hearing from me soon... on another note i have a manual and my clutch seems ok but when do you guys with manuals usually get them changed out? Thanks!
Regarding your clutch--that all depends on how efficient you are with your clutch-i.e. do you hit the engagement point and immediately shift or hesitate while your foot is on the gas thereby wearing the clutch needlessly. I have been driving manuals for 25 yrs and have never replaced a clutch and I have hit over 100k on several vehicles so it all depends on how you drive.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Contributors

good to know i dont ride the clutch or anything and everything is pretty smooth so i doubt i'll have to change that then for now lol.. but is there anything esle that need to be done like belts or what not?>
Old 05-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Contributors

no need to change the clutch unless it goes, youll know by the sweet burning smell you can check the belts for cracks and perhaps suspension/steering components with any play.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Members

When you're changing the brake fluid, make sure to bleed the clutch in addition to bleeding all four brakes. If your clutch pedal feels mushy, but your clutch is fine (i.e. it doesn't slip uphill and/or during hard acceleration) then flushing the old brake fluid should improve the feel.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Contributors

thanks guys appreciate it =)
Old 05-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 (7/04) 545i 6-Spd Manual Metallic Silver Gray with Gray Interior Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Active Steering, Navigation, Rear Sunshades, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Shades, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, HUD, Rear Side Airbags, PDC, Bluetooth Retrofit Exterior: Venture Clear Bra, Bright Angel Eyes, Euro Reflectors, Blackened Grill, VMR 713 19" Staggered with General UHPs, 13% tint rear windows Engine: K&N Air Filter, Deleted Carbon Filter , RPI Scoop, RPI Exhaust

Originally Posted by Ghostteck' post='865213' date='May 1 2009, 08:03 AM

In the same lines, how long your shocks and struts last ??
Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Contributors

not to sure about that but i got my springs changed to ebiach pro an my shocks are ok.. my mech. told me its not worth to change the sparks on these cars till around 70-90 k i think thats too long of a wait but i'll probably do it around 65 k but he does want to change oil cabin filters and brakes normal tune up stuff =p
Old 05-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 Audi S4

Originally Posted by Ghostteck' post='865422' date='May 1 2009, 02:54 PM
not to sure about that but i got my springs changed to ebiach pro an my shocks are ok.. my mech. told me its not worth to change the sparks on these cars till around 70-90 k i think thats too long of a wait but i'll probably do it around 65 k but he does want to change oil cabin filters and brakes normal tune up stuff =p
which shop do u go? I also think I need a "tune up" soon but debating on which shop to go to.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Members

Back to the original question what people do when we get our cars tuned up??? What things need to be changed???

Quick Reply: Tune Up for our engines