E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

The Truth Behind Quad Setups. Seperating Fact and Fiction.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im really not sure how the systems compare to the other 2 you mention. i basically tol Jag that i wanted the loudest n meanest soundin system possible, and boy did they deliver! im sure if you wanted it quieter or to have a slightly different tone they could easily accomodate this.
my car does sounnd very loud from the outside but its not so bad inside, once it warms up in 5 mins or so its noticeably quieter and only comes to life when you hit the fast pedal. at a steady cruise its not much louder than standard with just a nice tone to it.
regarding power loss, no, certainly nothing noticeable anyway. ive never had the thing dynod, but it doesnt feel any faster nor slower and my 1/4 mile times at the drag strip have been consistently the same before and after.
cant stress enough how good profusion were, put it like this i arrived there over 5 hours late on the saturday it was due to be done. they had thought i wasnt comin n took on other work. but with their "customer is king" policy of doin anythin to please they started work on my car at 5pm after finishin another customers and literally worked through the night until 11am gettin it ready in time for me. they kept me updated by phone on progress through the night and allowed me access to the workshop at any time to inspect the work and make sure i was happy.
in future i will always be taking my cars to them for any exhaust work, yes even from all the way up here!
give them a call or drop by to see what they can offer you, Jag will happily answer any questions in as much detail as possible and you wont be disappointed!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Members

BRILL, that sounds spot on the money then, i shall give them a call and see whats good!!! and get them to emulate the set up these guys have here.... i want a distintive but yet subtle tone, and off course when i let rip, you'll be able to hear it all the way in aberdeen..... because at the moment its a joke.. i have this muscly V8 4.5 litre machine, but if i pass you at a bus stop all you'll hear is wind from the trees its that quiet.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Members

yeah i know what you mean! no one expects my car to be the one makin that huuuuge roar! when it turns heads theyre expectin to see some supercar or old skool yank muscle not some euro rep mobile, or livin room on wheels! at the drag strip i emabrrassed a few evos and the likes too, they thought it was some 520d or somethin til i hit the fast pedal n everyone covered their ears as i blasted past!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

I can say that I don't think west and I's setup is as loud as the exhaust in that video.

Here's a short vid of my setup:
Old 03-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Senior Members

Don't forget boys, if you just run a set of resonators, you'll experience drone in the car so that's why West and I added a primary muffler with an internal x-pipe.
The following users liked this post:
thespeedracerx (12-19-2022)
Old 03-31-2011, 06:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by socale39
Don't forget boys, if you just run a set of resonators, you'll experience drone in the car so that's why West and I added a primary muffler with an internal x-pipe.

i think i get ya, so basically lose the 2 mufflers currently on my 545i replace it with the square muffler which has the x-pipe inside , extend the pipes and then connect the x2 tubes which then mounts at the back along with the tips of my choice right???????? or am i mising something?

because in wests pics hes kept the original mufflers then added the square muffler with the x pipe in built , and then the x2 mufflers after that, then into the tips etc

but in yours i can only see just the square muffler wth the inbuilt xpipe, then the x2 mufflers , into the tips????

Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 AM
Members

Dose the MagnaFlow 11385 muffler mentioned in the prior post have the internal x-pipe?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Senior Members

yes it does.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2008

Is anyone with this setup going to the 4/15 gathering in San Jose? I'd really like to check out one of these setups in person.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by vikingshelmut
Is anyone with this setup going to the 4/15 gathering in San Jose? I'd really like to check out one of these setups in person.
I have a similar setup.. instead of the two magnaflow resonators I have two remus mufflers along with the H magnaflow muffler. Not sure if I can make it to that meet, however, if your coming to San Francisco anytime feel free to PM me. we can arrange to meet up.

Quick Reply: The Truth Behind Quad Setups. Seperating Fact and Fiction.