E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Tip for hanging your RPI if you feel its too low

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1017882' date='Sep 26 2009, 06:47 PM
I bought my RPI used, but it was only 3 mos old. I called RPI about the clamp to connect the exhaust to the OEM pipe and they were very helpful. I LOVE my RPI exhaust, but there are too many fitment issues for the $$$. At this price point, there should not be fitment issues. I would still recommend the RPI based on sound and performance. If I were to buy this new, I would demand a fitment guarantee or demand a discount for all the BS fitment issues
I am very sorry Roger, the fitment was perfect on my car, and I had never even heard of this issue until you told me and I read this topic.

Where did they cut your stock exhaust? Right after the hanger? On mine there was less than one inch of pipe left after the hanger.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Ok, Michael, I have grown weary of the RPi bashing. Three seperate threads to complain and bitch about your complete and utter inability to mount a simple bolt on exhaust is too many. ENOUGH!! I'm DONE with you.

RPi is a respected member of this forum, you are a troll who has been banned here 6 times. You have been banned multiple times from EVERY message board you've joined. Shall I name them and ALL of your aliases for each? YOU are a cancer on this forum who doesn't know when to STFU.

If you have a problem with RPi fitment for your car, CALL RPi and stop bitching about it on the forum. Do you have a phone? I suppose since you now finally have a digital camera that you had to forego a phone??? If you don't like how your RPi fits your car, I am sure Eloy would be more than happy to take back the exhaust rather than have you talk shit all over this forum.

Seriously, spend $100 and have a professional mount your exhaust next time and you won't have ANY problems.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1017898' date='Sep 26 2009, 06:17 PM
+1

I think the RPI is fantastic for sound and performance. The fitment is tricky. The purpose of this community is to share info. Anyone considering an RPI exhaust should be aware of this. This is a minor problem with an easy fix. The disturbing thing is that this info is not available from RPI, only available here on E60
There is nothing disturbing as this is not a common problem. The price point for RPi's exhaust is HALF of what other companies charge. These other companies provide absolutely no power gains from the other exhausts and in most cases there is a loss of power.

The fact is, different customers like their exhausts mounted differently. Some higher, some lower, some want them tucked in farther, some sticking out farther. This is why using a professional is the best way to go when having exhaust installed as they are able to tailor fitment to your particular taste.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what I believe is dangerous, people so into RPI that they can do no wrong.

bashing in my mind does not include praising their product which I have done over and over and if you are so annoyed then why read the thread. I am purely trying to prevent another person like me from going through un-needed hassles. I spent 3 hours installing it which was partially my fault for not having a good pipe cutter. Then I spent a couple hours playing around with different rubber pieces to see what worked the best as it was WAY too low for my taste.

Then I spent an hour and thirty more dollars getting an exhaust shop to install an extra hanger for me.

Why are you so angry and upset? I am trying to help others on the board and yet I get attacked. People wonder why it was so easy to retaliate on this board or attack, what possibly is your problem with my post that was created to HELP members of this community?

I am sorry to upset you, my only hope was to share my info that took my own "r+d" to come up wiht, so instead of wasting time, owners of this exhaust, future or present, can go right out and install, and enjoy instead of spending 3 days and hours getting it "right"

Sorry to upset anyone-intent was only to help board members
Old 09-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

haha dranged is cranky... dont trip mang! its the over 4k posts syndrome.. they all start with "i am tired of hearing.." yada yada
Old 09-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Diamond' post='1017930' date='Sep 26 2009, 06:59 PM
This is what I believe is dangerous, people so into RPI that they can do no wrong.

bashing in my mind does not include praising their product which I have done over and over and if you are so annoyed then why read the thread. I am purely trying to prevent another person like me from going through un-needed hassles. I spent 3 hours installing it which was partially my fault for not having a good pipe cutter. Then I spent a couple hours playing around with different rubber pieces to see what worked the best as it was WAY too low for my taste.

Then I spent an hour and thirty more dollars getting an exhaust shop to install an extra hanger for me.

Why are you so angry and upset? I am trying to help others on the board and yet I get attacked. People wonder why it was so easy to retaliate on this board or attack, what possibly is your problem with my post that was created to HELP members of this community?

I am sorry to upset you, my only hope was to share my info that took my own "r+d" to come up wiht, so instead of wasting time, owners of this exhaust, future or present, can go right out and install, and enjoy instead of spending 3 days and hours getting it "right"

Sorry to upset anyone-intent was only to help board members
What is dangerous is allowing a cancerous troll, who has been banned from this forum 6 times, to return. I DO NOT CARE that you have apologized for being a moron and being BANNED from this forum 6 times. What is dangerous is letting a troll like you write 3 seperate threads regarding your inability to mount your exhaust. What is dangerous is allowing you to spread misinformation about RPi.

The fact is, different customers like their exhausts mounted differently. Some higher, some lower, some want them tucked in farther, some sticking out farther. This is why using a professional is the best way to go when having exhaust installed as they are able to tailor fitment to your particular taste.

If you had bothered to call RPi for help, or used a professional install your exhaust, you wouldnt have wasted 3 days.

If you were BANNED like you should be, I wouldn't be wasting my time responding to your pathetic "cry for attention" threads.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1017936' date='Sep 26 2009, 07:07 PM
haha dranged is cranky... dont trip mang! its the over 4k posts syndrome.. they all start with "i am tired of hearing.." yada yada
I am cranky...don't start with me. You are a troll and should be banned as well. You add NOTHING to this forum and per your usual, have added nothing to this thread.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1017916' date='Sep 26 2009, 07:43 PM
There is nothing disturbing as this is not a common problem. The price point for RPi's exhaust is HALF of what other companies charge. These other companies provide absolutely no power gains from the other exhausts and in most cases there is a loss of power.

Fair points John, but...
El Immigrante also posted that his install AT RPI required some ADJUSTING to make it fit right. Most of us here are very particular and anal about our cars. It is obvious that the OEM hangers do not provide an optimal fit. The height of the RPI muffler and tips is noticeably lower than the stock position using the OEM hangers. This is pertinent and fair information for any potential consumer to know. I do not thnk this is bashing.

As far as Diamond's other complaints with RPI and his previous history here on E60, I am unaware of these. My one phone call to RPI was very pleasant, professional, and helpful.