E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Thumbs up to Rocky Mountain Windowtint

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Katie, the Thai one. Real flirty. It's true, torquey5 does work for BMWSF. Go ahead and introduce yourself the next time you visit there. You can't miss him. He's real fugly. If that's not good enough ask for Dan in Internet Sales.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Haha yeah Katie is a hot one. She was suppose to come in today but it's such a nice today so she's probably out on the beach getting a tan or something. AAAAAnyways, I switched my position to showroom sales, more gross/comission down here.

Joe - I'm gonna post up the pics coo coo?
Old 06-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='435903' date='Jun 14 2007, 04:26 PM
You can't miss him. He's real fugly. If that's not good enough ask for Dan in Internet Sales.
+1 hahaha
Old 06-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='435775' date='Jun 14 2007, 10:59 AM
Precursor: Two weeks ago my right rear passenger window was smashed while in SF meeting up with torquey5 near the Embarcadero. Thankfully, the tint maintained the integrity of the window while driving back to San Jose. If not for the tint, the glass would've probably collapsed inside the cabin on the way back. The next day, Darwin of SonicMS (formerly CarLab), arranged for a replacement window.

I went to Formula One's website and located the nearest dealer near Mountain View, CA. The closest was Rocky Mountain Windowtint. I googled the name and came across a few reviews. The reviewers all praised them. I called and set an appointment. So, yesterday I left work anticipating that it would take 1 hour to drive 40 miles. Ummm... yeah, welcome to Bay Area traffic. 40 miles turned out to be 1.5 hours. The worst part was the 680 N and 580 E junction. From there it's 10 miles to their tint shop. It took 45 minutes to drive 10miles! :thumbsdown:

I eventually got there at 5:40pm and they close at 6pm. Fortunately for me they were sympathetic to my ordeal. My appointment was for 5pm. They agreed to do the work and finished in under 20 minutes. Very professional work. I was talking to the two guys in the shop while the tint was being applied to my window. These guys are good. They know what they're doing. I'm absolutely happy with the work and told them I would be referring Bay Area BMW people to them. I think they do all the tint work for BMW of Pleasanton.

These guys aren't cheap. For the top-of-the-line Pinnacle Series tint it'll cost $399 for all the windows except the front windshield. My cost was $65 for the tint and I left them a little tip for such a great job and good conversation. They have 15%, 35%, and 50% tint. So, any Bay Area residents wanting the best tint see these guys. Yes, I am biased. IMO, Formula One is THE best ceramic tint.

thanks for the review, I live close by i'll use them or sure.. my 335i ceramic tint cost me $499..wtf? haha
Old 06-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 1995 M3

Man you guys in the west coast get ripped off. I had my car done yesterday. All side and rear windows using Solar Guard HP Quantum 28 window tint and also did the sun roof with HP Quantum 14. Picked it up and it looked sweet. The guy used only one sheet for the entire rear glass and did an awesome job. Only cost me $135.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Originally Posted by Bad Bimr' post='436103' date='Jun 15 2007, 10:14 AM
Man you guys in the west coast get ripped off. I had my car done yesterday. All side and rear windows using Solar Guard HP Quantum 28 window tint and also did the sun roof with HP Quantum 14. Picked it up and it looked sweet. The guy used only one sheet for the entire rear glass and did an awesome job. Only cost me $135.
Solar Guard is not top brand right... where in Phila though? I got mine at CarPretty w/ LLumar ATR tint on all sides, but rear windsheild has these reflections and night which is bugging me a bit.. since it pretty much makes Auto-dimming mirror useless lol..
Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 1995 M3

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='436104' date='Jun 15 2007, 11:17 AM
Solar Guard is not top brand right... where in Phila though? I got mine at CarPretty w/ LLumar ATR tint on all sides, but rear windsheild has these reflections and night which is bugging me a bit.. since it pretty much makes Auto-dimming mirror useless lol..
The guy that did my car had both products and recommended Solar Guard. Solar Guard makes various levels of tint and the type used was their best. It carries a lifetime warranty against fade and color change. Also this tint came in 28% and I liked the look. Llumar's 18% was too dark and 35% was too light. I had my car done in York, PA.

I picked up my car yesterday. Drove it in the dark last night with zero problems. I had no reflections and no crazy light things happening. My wifes car rear window tint job sucks and you can barley see out in the day let alone the night. I showed the guy before he did my car. I also mentioned the comments I have read on the boards. He assured me that I would not have these problems. Like I said in my first post, he did not use multiple pieces on the rear window, he used only one piece for the entire rear window. I think this may be why I get zero light reflections. If your rear window is not a single piece of tint maybe you should have it done this way. I looked at the rear windows and getting a single piece of tint in there is not an easy job. The guy that did my car was real good. He will be doing the wife rear window in the next day or so.

Bill P
Old 06-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Pretty much everyone in tint business does 1piece rear windsheild only. mine is 1-peice rear too. May be I should try a ceramic on rear to see if it fixes reflections.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='435775' date='Jun 14 2007, 10:59 AM
Precursor: Two weeks ago my right rear passenger window was smashed while in SF meeting up with torquey5 near the Embarcadero. Thankfully, the tint maintained the integrity of the window while driving back to San Jose. If not for the tint, the glass would've probably collapsed inside the cabin on the way back. The next day, Darwin of SonicMS (formerly CarLab), arranged for a replacement window.

I went to Formula One's website and located the nearest dealer near Mountain View, CA. The closest was Rocky Mountain Windowtint. I googled the name and came across a few reviews. The reviewers all praised them. I called and set an appointment. So, yesterday I left work anticipating that it would take 1 hour to drive 40 miles. Ummm... yeah, welcome to Bay Area traffic. 40 miles turned out to be 1.5 hours. The worst part was the 680 N and 580 E junction. From there it's 10 miles to their tint shop. It took 45 minutes to drive 10miles! :thumbsdown:

I eventually got there at 5:40pm and they close at 6pm. Fortunately for me they were sympathetic to my ordeal. My appointment was for 5pm. They agreed to do the work and finished in under 20 minutes. Very professional work. I was talking to the two guys in the shop while the tint was being applied to my window. These guys are good. They know what they're doing. I'm absolutely happy with the work and told them I would be referring Bay Area BMW people to them. I think they do all the tint work for BMW of Pleasanton.

These guys aren't cheap. For the top-of-the-line Pinnacle Series tint it'll cost $399 for all the windows except the front windshield. My cost was $65 for the tint and I left them a little tip for such a great job and good conversation. They have 15%, 35%, and 50% tint. So, any Bay Area residents wanting the best tint see these guys. Yes, I am biased. IMO, Formula One is THE best ceramic tint.
Vegastrashed - they did all 7 windows in your car in JUST 20 minutes? If I come I would expect longer since they need to get my current tint removed first

When I installed Madico Onyx (this shop was referred by Weatherford BMW in Berkeley) the guy installed it for almost a day, drop it off 9AM and picked it up 4PM, but it was really neat, no bubbles at all since first installed (Dec 06) and it does look like OEM (you barely see the tint gap at the ends of the glass when opening the window).

Still thinking...
Old 10-12-2007, 04:01 AM
Members

My Ride: Black/Black 2004 530i w/ Premium & Sport Pkgs.

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='435775' date='Jun 14 2007, 12:59 PM
Precursor: Two weeks ago my right rear passenger window was smashed while in SF meeting up with torquey5 near the Embarcadero.
Dude, did someone really try to break into your car? Or did it break b/c of road conditions? (I think you have the most slammed E60 around) Either way that sux! Glad to hear the story ended well.