E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Thinking of putting COILOVERS

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

I've also been thinking of going the coilover route. I parked next to a lowered 550i the other day, and that pretty much sold me on lowering the car.

However, mine is an AWD / xi model, so my options are limited.

Things I've been pondering though.. I still have my stock wheels. Not sure how'd they look like with them, or if I'd get rubbing or any other issues with them.

I wanna get new wheels too, but having trouble deciding which one to do first :/
Old 12-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricapar
I've also been thinking of going the coilover route. I parked next to a lowered 550i the other day, and that pretty much sold me on lowering the car.

However, mine is an AWD / xi model, so my options are limited.

Things I've been pondering though.. I still have my stock wheels. Not sure how'd they look like with them, or if I'd get rubbing or any other issues with them.

I wanna get new wheels too, but having trouble deciding which one to do first :/
wheels first!! trust me good luck bro!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Members

A firmer ride will have side effects on other stock suspension components. Specially if live in places like NY. I had to replace my shock towers few times on me G35 after installing coil-overs,
Old 12-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy
if you wanna see how your wheels feel on a coil over come over and mount them on mine then you'll see if you like ...it will be fun..John, jason, jason will be a E60 meet lol

We should have a meet! I wanna check out your guys ride and coils setup.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

Originally Posted by jg525i
i got your pm, rubbing will is always an issue when you lower your car... we do have same set up on tire size and wheel size, i'm just so use to it, only rubs when hit speed bumps, my kw
was adjusted perfectly height and dampening... i like kw's and st coils the most...
my main concern when i lowered my car was the camber and i had them adjust it all the way to -2 so it wont rub when i turn the wheel.. rather than that love how my car sits and how it rides

I see.. well you seen my ride in person and my offsets are too aggressive... i still havent rolled the rear sooo maybe ill roll them first then see...the front doesn't need lowering but rubs the inner fender lining on dips... but the rear I can fit like 2 1/2 fingers...so will see.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
I have had my KSports on for over a year, since I was the first to get them. The difference is amazing. I used to have OEM sport shocks with H&R springs, which wasn't bad, but the flexibility and ease of adjustment, the handling and stability have been greatly improved with my coilovers. I have mine set probably stiffer than some would find comfortable, but I like it just fine. I have almost no body roll, the car turns better, and my overall driving experience is much better.
Sounds impressive bro.. thanks for the input... I dont mind stiffening up the ride a bit... if it would help rubbing... but now reading everyones reply, Im not sure if coils would be suitable for my current wheel setup d/t my offsets being so aggressive... hmmm balancing comfort, looks, protection (tire size), performance is a little trickier than I thought.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Drini545
A firmer ride will have side effects on other stock suspension components. Specially if live in places like NY. I had to replace my shock towers few times on me G35 after installing coil-overs,

Thanks for the heads up.. will definitely keep this in mind.