E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Terrible experience with RPI

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by LeuS' post='1016538' date='Sep 25 2009, 12:50 AM
This whole issue is nonsense, after the first reply any reasonable person would pick up the phone and ask the questions. Nobody has time to go over pages of questions over email. Nobody even reads such long emails, at least I don't. And people who write those never ending emails are not taken seriously either.

It's basic communication common sense. If you realize the conversation is not going in the direction you wish, you must change the channel and call, or talk in person. Don't keep beating a dead horse cuz it's not gonna take you anywhere.

Well, that's how I see it.
You make sense when it comes to individuals but when a company receives a long-winded email communication from a customer, it should not ignore it or brush it off as irrelevant. If they do, it will only frustrate and alienate the customer. I guess it's all just part of the old saying, "The customer is always right"...
Old 09-25-2009, 06:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by Diamond' post='1016284
This whole issue is nonsense, after the first reply any reasonable person would pick up the phone and ask the questions. Nobody has time to go over pages of questions over email. Nobody even reads such long emails, at least I don't. And people who write those never ending emails are not taken seriously either.

It's basic communication common sense. If you realize the conversation is not going in the direction you wish, you must change the channel and call, or talk in person. Don't keep beating a dead horse cuz it's not gonna take you anywhere.

Well, that's how I see it.
Many of you know that I have to personally design, test, dyno ALL of our products. With that, I also get about 250-300 emails daily. The first few emails that I got from sleepy, I read through but I couldnt make sense of it. Ocassionally, we get guys who email us asking for "spec and dimensions" of our products. Some even ask about "cad" drawings so they can "see if our product would fit on their car". I have to admit, after the first 5 emails along with an email saying "Hey Man, I bought an exhaust from you" (a picture of a modified RPi exhaust was included), any normal person would think that Diamond BOUGHT an exhaust already. That followed by emails asking why our lengths, diameters, etc were different from other brands......"Highter life on the intake side an exhaust side with the VVT in the N52".....