E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Teaser... LCI Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by Uzzle' post='998821' date='Sep 4 2009, 03:48 PM
very sexy, How much for the LCI's?
he quoted me 725 plus shipping.. that's pretty steep for some angel eyes
Old 09-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='999639' date='Sep 5 2009, 05:30 PM
he quoted me 725 plus shipping.. that's pretty steep for some angel eyes
its not steep if you see it from this end of the spectrum.

the 500 labor is to cover 4 days or 24+ hrs of labor, its truly a very difficult job... The angels themselves are just $225 shipped which has nothing to do with me hence why their sold via F1 autohaus, but the E60 headlights are very intense to actually get to open as it's rubberized silicone that doesn't react to much. takes me a whole days worth of battle to get one! open. Next day I tackle the next one, third day I do all the angel work and electronics, soldering, cleaning off the silicone which is very tedious as well and the 4th day I dedicate to do the seal and let it dry for 24 hrs. 5th day their sent back to the client. Hence why i only take on 2 or 3 jobs a month for these types.

I spend way more than just 24 hrs but I'm trying to charge the least possible that makes sense to me and the clients as Im not a shop. Im an enthusiast trying to help other enthusiasts fulfill their lighting needs and offer these more complex and uniquely custom jobs. The price is more than justified for those that understand the amount of time and energy it takes.

and the end result is mind blowing and speaks for itself. It literally completely changes the reaction of people towards your car. They know your coming that's for sure. It's like when you easily spot an R8 or an S5 in your rear view from far during the day or night, but with the sick BMW style rings. something that doesn't happen any other way or with any bulb replacement solution. period
Old 09-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i

looks good!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Originally Posted by ///OSS' post='998375

I'll see what I can do w/ the LEDs for the eyebrow mod. Maybe use an even brighter LED chip setup
Sweet please make it happen!

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='999639

the 500 labor is to cover 4 days or 24+ hrs of labor, its truly a very difficult job... The angels themselves are just $225 shipped which has nothing to do with me hence why their sold via F1 autohaus, but the E60 headlights are very intense to actually get to open as it's rubberized silicone that doesn't react to much. takes me a whole days worth of battle to get one! open. Next day I tackle the next one, third day I do all the angel work and electronics, soldering, cleaning off the silicone which is very tedious as well and the 4th day I dedicate to do the seal and let it dry for 24 hrs. 5th day their sent back to the client. Hence why i only take on 2 or 3 jobs a month for these types.

I spend way more than just 24 hrs but I'm trying to charge the least possible that makes sense to me and the clients as Im not a shop. Im an enthusiast trying to help other enthusiasts fulfill their lighting needs and offer these more complex and uniquely custom jobs. The price is more than justified for those that understand the amount of time and energy it takes.

and the end result is mind blowing and speaks for itself. It literally completely changes the reaction of people towards your car. They know your coming that's for sure. It's like when you easily spot an R8 or an S5 in your rear view from far during the day or night, but with the sick BMW style rings. something that doesn't happen any other way or with any bulb replacement solution. period
+1

Man i've always been an AE fanatic eversince Umnitza started the custom halos for the E46 M3. Seeing them on an E60 is WILD!

Originally Posted by BET530' post='1001176' date='Sep 7 2009, 04:07 PM
looks good!
Thanks. I sent you a PM. I love your wheels bro!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Hmmmm.... I think I might want this mod for the M and the X. How do I get my hands on them?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

hahaha...congrats...had a feeling you'd be doing this mod, looks good

still planning on the GIAC flash...I think my feelings have changed on it
Old 09-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='999639

definitely a great service you provide
Old 09-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1002254' date='Sep 8 2009, 08:50 PM
Hmmmm.... I think I might want this mod for the M and the X. How do I get my hands on them?
newbie, did you not see the link at the bottom of my sig...

https://5series.net/forums/index.php...opic=82235&hl=

Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='1002257
as I've stated before in the roginal thread regarding this mod, members pay that much for an LCI tail light upgrade and/or LCI xenon upgrade....price isn't that bad considering the time and work put into it....

how's your HID kit working?

definitely a great service you provide
+1 Luis' customer service is awesome.

Dude if you can justify spending $2-5k on rims then why not $500 on AEs right?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jcool10181' post='1002272' date='Sep 8 2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks pre! I'm all about the AEs eversince...

I'm undecided on the GIAC up to now. I'm waiting on a side by side comparison with an AT car not AT vs MT. We'll see. I gotta read up some more threads on E90post.
max boost on the GIAC seems to be 13 psi on multiple dyno threads

jb+ can get that (10-12 usually)

think it depends on your needs and your wallet...

you wanna run hard...jb3 is still the best IMO (multiple maps for whatever the need)..but you want a nice/modest bump...GIAC if you got the cash..or a jb+ and BT tool...still waiting to see

the GIAC will be a contender once they release the hand held switcher from stock to tune

BTT: AE's look great....no codes with the lights installed rgiht? LCI computers seem to be more finicky

Quick Reply: Teaser... LCI Angel Eyes