E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Superchips Bluefin or Evolve Switch Remap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Thinking of getting the car remapped - any recommendations? I've been told the Bluefin remap and Evolve Switch are decent for remapping ecu with no traces?

Does anybody have one of these for sale?

Cheers!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

Although I am aware that you are currently located in London, you forgot to mention your e60 year and model. If you are looking for a engine tune, may I recommend that you look into the RPI/ESS engine tune. If you have a second car to drive around, it is my opinion that the rpi/ess tune will net you the biggest bhp gains. RPI is a very reputable company with exceptional customer service that ONLY sells products that have dynomometer proven gains. I can go on and on, but hey, take a look for your self:

A recent (but one of the many reviews): https://5series.net/forums/topic/963...&#entry1142778 I know this review was pertaining to an smg tune (in addition to the dme tune) but member dbae1978 has one of the strongest e60's on this board. Perhaps you would consider trying to pm him, for his first hand impressions of the results.

Additional information on RPI and thier facilities: http://www.raceprecision.com/ You will also find that they have numerous others performance enhancing options for your e60 at a VERY attractive price compared to other big names in the industry ( rdsport, supersprint, eisenmann, ect)

Additional information for ESS tune in question: http://esstuning.com/ If RPI's location is an issue perhaps you could find another reputable tuner closer to you through the ESS website.

Just FYI, unless you are running a piggypack system, engine tunes are genarally not "traceable" or "noticeable" during your visits to the dealership for routine maintenance, because in the case of an ESS tune, it is just proprietary software that is being "flashed" into your dme that allows for PID based modifications. In fact the only reason that would raise suspicions of modification would be the overall increase in performance when you drive your e60. Hope this info was of value for your modding quest.

For future referances, It might make it easier for other members to answer any questions that may arise, by adding your year and model of your e60 in your signiture. PICTURES and mods lists are alway a plus in closing -- WELCOME TO 5SERIES.net
Old 05-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Don't think RPI is available in UK.

Check put this thread and e-map's comments on this sort of remap. E-maps is highly recommend in bmwland. I persoanlly used B&W Chiptune for a remap of my 520d