E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

supercharger sound and exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well still have not invested in a camara-money is tight for me as always and have not got around to finding a friend with one-quite frankly I have no other car buds in general other than 1 who also is camara less-but I am working on it-I did realize my computer has a microphone so recorded some clips of the nice engine and whine of the charger and its new intake and had to do away with the AFE I had to incorporate a new intake.

Second clip is from behind the car and has more the sound of the remus exhaust with resonater delete.

Please do yourself and everyone a favor and use earphones. The difference is night and day and will make you think remus exhaust sucks or the sound sucks and disway you from considering similar mods when in fact with earphones you get a quite mind shaking experience-atleast I like it! First one the computer is near the front getting more of the engine-second is exhaust.
Attached Files
File Type: wav
5.wav (5.92 MB, 192 views)
File Type: wav
7.wav (4.92 MB, 114 views)
Old 10-28-2007, 05:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Statements like "money is tight for me as always" etc. while driving a car of this caliber (and a SUPERCHARGER to boot) - always seem bizzare to me...

I didn't even bother with the mp3's, but thanks anyway.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by andy545' post='487008' date='Oct 28 2007, 09:15 AM
Statements like "money is tight for me as always" etc. while driving a car of this caliber (and a SUPERCHARGER to boot) - always seem bizzare to me...

I didn't even bother with the mp3's, but thanks anyway.
Why is that? I make 41k per year, work about 80 hours a week so my money is extremely hard earned and valuable to me and Ihave bills of course. It tooke me like 6 months to save up for the charger. The car is a 530 on lease which I got for 430/month and that is a lot to me but I make it work. Also my exhaust was around 500 bucks which took me a few months to save for initally.

I do not have 400 cash lying around and to spend it on something I do not truly need or will really enjoy such as a camara just to apease an internet forum is not really in my best interest.

Must be nice to be rolling in dough but I sure aint

And sorry you did not listen to the fliles-something against hearing and giving some feedback?

I would like to know if people like the sound of the Remus plus res delete-first person I know on here I believe who has remus sport sound plus res delete. Oh well thanks for your input
Old 10-28-2007, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

That sounds awesome.
The supercharger wine is monsterous, I hope it backs it up

Shameless plug, quad exhaust to fit the 525i 528i and 530i is in stock
Old 10-28-2007, 05:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Sounds good man. Sounds just like my car. Why did you have to do away with the AFE CAI? What did you go to instead? Just curious why you switched. Mine works like a charm.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='487014' date='Oct 28 2007, 02:24 PM
I do not have 400 cash lying around and to spend it on something I do not truly need or will really enjoy such as a camara just to apease an internet forum is not really in my best interest.
...fair enough - but you had money lying around for a supercharger (which you obviously need)

"just to apease an internet forum is not really in my best interest" >>>>this is what's all about here buddy !
Old 10-28-2007, 05:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='487020' date='Oct 28 2007, 09:45 AM
Sounds good man. Sounds just like my car. Why did you have to do away with the AFE CAI? What did you go to instead? Just curious why you switched. Mine works like a charm.
Ya I loved my afe but the kit came with an integrate Kand N setup that was part of the whole kit so instead of trying to jimmy with mine and get it to fit I just worked with what came with it to keep it easy.

Yes C I believe our cars are virtually the same setup-I wish we could have done a couple runs to compare an Xi v. I as far as launch and acceleration goes. I was always curious since you would obviously have a superior launch with AWD but my car would be lighter but a couple hundred pounds so wonder what kind of race that would be.

I must say in my 528xi loaner I did enjoy the AWD-I could not lose traction for the life of me even on the crappy non sport a/s tires!

Do you have any sound clips after your afe?

And what exhaust do you have again?
Old 10-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by andy545' post='487021' date='Oct 28 2007, 09:46 AM
...fair enough - but you had money lying around for a supercharger (which you obviously need)

"just to apease an internet forum is not really in my best interest" >>>>this is what's all about here buddy !
arggg it was not money "lying around" !!! it was hard earned and SAVED for a very long time-then chose to use it on something I REALLY would enjoy-hey I never said I only spend dough on basic needs-just stuff I either need or would really enjoy-give me a break will ya you wealthy j-ass
Old 10-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='487024' date='Oct 28 2007, 02:54 PM
arggg it was not money "lying around" !!! it was hard earned and SAVED for a very long time-then chose to use it on something I REALLY would enjoy-hey I never said I only spend dough on basic needs-just stuff I either need or would really enjoy-give me a break will ya you wealthy j-ass
relax, I can start as well with the intellectual name throwing if you like - but I guess you've had enough of that on the forum...

btw.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Members

My Ride: Fully Loaded Monaco Blue 550i Sport

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='487014' date='Oct 28 2007, 08:24 AM
Why is that? I make 41k per year, work about 80 hours a week so my money is extremely hard earned and valuable to me and Ihave bills of course. It tooke me like 6 months to save up for the charger. The car is a 530 on lease which I got for 430/month and that is a lot to me but I make it work. Also my exhaust was around 500 bucks which took me a few months to save for initally.

Must be nice to be rolling in dough but I sure aint

And sorry you did not listen to the fliles-something against hearing and giving some feedback?

I would like to know if people like the sound of the Remus plus res delete-first person I know on here I believe who has remus sport sound plus res delete. Oh well thanks for your input

You supercharged a leased e60?

Quick Reply: supercharger sound and exhaust