E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

supercharger sound and exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by NY550i' post='487059' date='Oct 28 2007, 06:09 PM
You supercharged a leased e60?

And how many years of savings for the supercharger, if the exhaust took 'a few months' ?
Old 10-28-2007, 09:52 AM
AlB
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='487002' date='Oct 28 2007, 09:06 AM
Well still have not invested in a camara-money is tight for me as always and have not got around to finding a friend with one-quite frankly I have no other car buds in general other than 1 who also is camara less-but I am working on it-I did realize my computer has a microphone so recorded some clips of the nice engine and whine of the charger and its new intake and had to do away with the AFE I had to incorporate a new intake.

Second clip is from behind the car and has more the sound of the remus exhaust with resonater delete.

Please do yourself and everyone a favor and use earphones. The difference is night and day and will make you think remus exhaust sucks or the sound sucks and disway you from considering similar mods when in fact with earphones you get a quite mind shaking experience-atleast I like it! First one the computer is near the front getting more of the engine-second is exhaust.
Sleepy,

Surely you must understand the doubt raised here...you were so quick to share pics of your exhaust and AFE intake.

Put it all to end with a pic.

If you cannot afford a disposable camera, stop anyone on the street with a camera phone and have them send you a pic.

Help me to understand
$41K/year for 80 hours/week as a Doctor???

Remember, when you tell the truth, you never have to remember what was said before.

A supercharger is way cool, we all want to believe
Old 10-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

Wow...redwhiteblue has some interesting posts. Why are we so intrigued by people such as this. Calling names, making odd statements, and posting the same topic over and over again.

Andy545, you are correct my sir, spending $6K on a mod and you can't afford a camera or a phone with a camera. Hmmm
Old 10-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! It sounds awesome. Just like my parents' catless Honda Accord! I like it.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Banned

I am not going to defend myself-I am sure there is a small percentage that appreciate my posts and sharing things like how exhaust sounds-mainly it was posted for the exhaust with res delete for people interested in putting an exhaust in.

Fact of the matter is I dont need or use a camara-I dont take pictures, I have never been a big picture person and I dont even own or have easy access to a scanner-I am not gonna buy a cheap camara, find a scanner and get pics simply to prove myself-I dont care what you believe-Just not sure why every post deserves a bashing-I was just trying to post something someone might enjoy-I sure enjoy peoples exhaust clips and any sound clips more so than pictures.

Anyway this is not something I posted in the past-this is brand new.

I said it before-I had a sony erikson 3.2 mp cybershot camara phone when I had my intake installed-After about a month of having it someone ripped it off when I forgot it in a restaurant-which is why I am not going to pay 400 for a phone camara again since I obviously lose them easily-so I have an old school cheap phone now.

anyway feel free to delete this post any mods that read-it was not to start anything bad other than trying to share something with you guys who enjoy bmw's-

By the way I am a resident-41k is actually on the high end country wide-so ya money is tight. Reason I came up with some extra money was I inherited a bit of dough from a distant relative-a few grand which was enough to add to the money I had been saving-

Dont know why people cannot just take something at face value-I may have stirred up trouble but I never was dishonest in the past so what gives

Anyway sorry none of you enjoyed the exhaust sounds-I personally thought it sounded great and was pretty proud
Old 10-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Guys - Let's give him a chance. I for one, have seen a change in him. I think we're being a little harsh on him based on his history, but people do deserve a second chance.

I'm sure when he gets around to it, he'll take some pictures. And I'm sure with all this doubt, nothing would make him happier than to show us his car and prove us wrong.

If you feel like ripping me, go ahead. I can take it.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by my530i' post='487122' date='Oct 28 2007, 03:25 PM
Wow! It sounds awesome. Just like my parents' catless Honda Accord! I like it.
haha ok!

Thanks C! Will be happy when the day comes to prove them wrong but I am sure live video will still bring out the skeptics-ya cant with here!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Senior Members

You don't know anyone with a camera phone, go out on your lunch break and snap some photos. Where are you located, maybe a fellow member can meet up with you and take some photos. There are not too many members on here with a supercharger, so they just want pics.

Its not that people really doubt you, they just hate threads with no pictures.

What does your service deparment say when you bring your leaser in with a supercharger? I feel for the person who buys your car off your lease as a CPO.

You still in Arizona Sleepy? Where ever you are located, I am sure someone will meet up to take some pics.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

I'll give ya the benefit... resident salary discussed here. I'm not a Dr. so don't flame me for linking this.

redwhiteblue, exhaust sounds good. I sure would like to see some pics tho.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

I don't know how BMW is going to feel when you go to turn in a leased car w/ a supercharger installed...

Why would you MOD a car that's not even yours?>

This just doesn't make sense...

You grabbed a recording but couldn't get a pic?

I bet you also have a girlfriend who lives in Niagra Falls that no one has met... But she's a model and you only see her on holidays

HOW BOUT THOSE SOX!!!!!

Quick Reply: supercharger sound and exhaust