E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Super Aggressive e60 wheel setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aznazasin
Hey guys!!

yah im fairly new to the site and havent properly introduced myself.

I'm usually a lurker and just try to find good deals in the classified section or post some of my mods for sale.

anyways, someone pointed out that I didnt replace the shocks...you do have a point because they'll blow sooner or later but I was actually aiming for KW V2s but just couldnt come up with the cash in time for MFEST this april 16th so the race springs dropped almost as low.

and I did get beefy tires for the height which is why im looking for 30 sidewalls in the front and 25 in the rear...or maybe go with a 235/35/20 front and 275/30 rear.

I have a lot of work to do but with the new job I started this week hopefully mods will come in much faster than the past 6 months.

thanks for all the comments

if you have any questions feel free to PM me

dude DO NOT get KW coils if you plan to run that setup

get JIC/Cross coilovers, they are roughly the same price and are monotube with the ability to adjust the height from the bottom and not mess with the spring rates, unlike KWs
Old 04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer
+1

-1 lol
Old 04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 M5

good lord... what happens when you guys hit a pot hole? do you say... good bye fenders? paint job? tires? rims? woah?

Do you stop and take a quick look? I'm amazed these drops & tire match ups don't ruin the ride... it must be a Cali thing not worrying about the pot holes...
Old 04-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545ier
good lord... what happens when you guys hit a pot hole? do you say... good bye fenders? paint job? tires? rims? woah?

Do you stop and take a quick look? I'm amazed these drops & tire match ups don't ruin the ride... it must be a Cali thing not worrying about the pot holes...

lol i was just in cali and the roads suck

its just a matter of knowing the route before you drive and knowing where you can and probably shouldnt go or atleast what other roads to take
Old 04-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

nice Benjo
Old 04-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

might look great but i wont drive my car with those set up... thats like asking for fender to fly off....i want to drive still fast without worrying about every bump or drive "Ultimate driving machine "... instead of car being so tucked in, it is like driving "non ultimate driving machine"
Old 04-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

Looks nice.. if its a show car only. Good luck driving that shit daily in anywhere besides small town USA.

The camber is also waayyyy too much. Those tires will last like 3000 miles and there is going to be sparks because of the steel threads.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Contributors

lol you guys have no clue about setups like these

you can easily DD something like this

sparks wont go flying and fenders wont pop off either lol...you guys crack me up, everyone thinks you dont get the normal setup your car will be all jacked up which is deffinately not the case

all of my cars have looks similar to this and i DD'd them everyday for multiple years
Old 04-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

I think it's a little over done, but it's for a show and the general public tends to like crazy over the top cars. I like an aggressive stance but this isn't flush, it's poked. I think the wheels would look better if they were brought in a few mm imo.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545ier

Why bother with fenders, who needs em! I mean then you can just make the tires even wider, right? 15" wide tires! In all seriousness, that dude's car can never leave his garage and (imo) I think it looks a little too East L.A.

Here, let me give you an example of how that car "should" look to keep it not only classy but functional:

Quick Reply: Super Aggressive e60 wheel setup