E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

stanced e60 photoshoot (one pic trailer)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 03:26 PM
jgt
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

geez the hate never ends... :thumbsdown:
PTL made it pretty obvious he was going for the stretched and poked look...

seriously the car looks great. keep it up! and oh yea MORE PICS!!!

BBK all the way if money is not an issue. you'll get a performance and an aesthetic mod all in one shot.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jgt

BBK all the way if money is not an issue. you'll get a performance and an aesthetic mod all in one shot.
its usually the same clowns that are doing it to, whatever.

well body mods are cool but honestly the stance of this car makes the stock pieces look really great as you can see, i think BBK will give me the greatest return for my money and increase the performance by a lot

thanks for the compliments
Old 06-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

sweet!!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
it looks wide
I run 255's at all four corners for my winter set-up and it looks pretty weak. It looks wimpy, even on my car. I can't stand how it looks from the rear, which is why I'm surprised you went this route. I would just think for all that money you would want a poked, stretched and wide look, all in one. Is that not possible? Based on the offsets and width, is it not possible to run a wider tire on your rears? If not your wheels, could you have built a set that would do all 3 combination to still give you the same look you were going for? I've seen many M5's with 305's, fenders pushed and the car lowered with that type of look, but maybe it's not possible on a non-M5? Not sure... I do know of a member on here who just did a set of custom built 20" DPE's and he's going with 305's in the rear and the wheels will be flush to the well and the car will be lowered.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
I run 255's at all four corners for my winter set-up and it looks pretty weak. It looks wimpy, even on my car. I can't stand how it looks from the rear, which is why I'm surprised you went this route. I would just think for all that money you would want a poked, stretched and wide look, all in one. Is that not possible? Based on the offsets and width, is it not possible to run a wider tire on your rears? If not your wheels, could you have built a set that would do all 3 combination to still give you the same look you were going for? I've seen many M5's with 305's, fenders pushed and the car lowered with that type of look, but maybe it's not possible on a non-M5? Not sure... I do know of a member on here who just did a set of custom built 20" DPE's and he's going with 305's in the rear and the wheels will be flush to the well and the car will be lowered.
I disagree, it looks wide and it sits well with slight stretch. Running a 20x11 with a low offset running a 305 would be impossible especially with such a drop, youd tear into the fender.

there is plenty of clearance on the inside but once you get closer to the fender the clearance goes down by a lot. M5's have wider front fenders but im not sure about the rear fenders

also with 452's the stretch easily so a 255 looks a lot wider stretched than you might think but another 255 that isnt stretched probably would look wimpy in a squared setup

honestly my stretched 255 is right up there with my 275 i had with 10.5 wheels a while ago

i think the guy who is doing that with 305 wide tires is going to be in a world of hurt but i hope he proves me wrong
Old 06-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
well body mods are cool but honestly the stance of this car makes the stock pieces look really great as you can see, i think BBK will give me the greatest return for my money and increase the performance by a lot

You're so cool.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer
You're so cool.
want a cookie?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Looks awesome, bro! Awesome!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jgt

I couldnt have said it any better myself. In my opintion, it looks like PTL is getting hated on largely due to the fact that he was willing to go outside the box on these mods.

On another note, keep in mind that the Falken 255 he has, probably doesnt look that much more stretched compared to a 275 Toyo T-1R, and some other tires. I think the Falkens are usually a boxier tire.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring

I couldnt have said it any better myself. In my opintion, it looks like PTL is getting hated on largely due to the fact that he was willing to go outside the box on these mods.

On another note, keep in mind that the Falken 255 he has, probably doesnt look that much more stretched compared to a 275 Toyo T-1R, and some other tires. I think the Falkens are usually a boxier tire.
it is what it is i guess

and the second part about the falkens is exactly spot on, falkens are a bit more boxy so when you stretch it it can go quite a long ways

Quick Reply: stanced e60 photoshoot (one pic trailer)