E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

sprint booster question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. i have a question that i bet no one asked.

should i reset my computer(after installing the S, the 25s full pedal precedure, so that it memorize my driving WITH the SB.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Contributors

I've had the SB on my E60 545 for probably 6 months now (more or less) and couldn't be happier with it. When we bought an E70 X5 3.0si a couple of months ago for my wife she started complaining that it accelerated slower than her old E53 X5 3.0i, so I took the SB out of my 545 and installed it in her E70 and sure enough it made a big difference. It wasn't as dramatic a difference as on my 545 with the V8 where you get pushed (almost violently) into the seat when accelerating, but it still does make considerable difference on the E70 X5 with the I6.

It's funny how this forum is the most "open minded" forum on the SB that I've seen. A few weeks back someone on X5world.com asked if his SB out of his ML63 AMG would also work on his new X5 4.8i and I responded that probably not because at the very least the connectors would be different. I also went on to explain how happy I was with the SB on my 545 and so much so that I bought a second one for our new X5. From that point on the skeptics started attacking and saying in an almost arrogant way that it's "all in my head" and it's the "placebo effect" where I only think that the car is accelerating quicker because I "know" that something is installed and just subconsciously convince myself of that. My response to that was the fact that when I installed the SB in my wife's car I didn't tell her about it. The next morning she called me from work and asked if I had done anything to her car because it felt quicker. The "placebo effect" and "it's all in your head" doesn't explain that one, does it (as she didn't know anything was installed on her car).

They even posted a technical paper written by someone who had done technical tests on the SB on a Mercedes and compared it to the stock and according to him all the Sprint Booster does is amplify the accelerator pedal signal and that would mean you should get the same results by mashing your foot all the way on the pedal. Well I'm here to tell you (and it seems others on this board agree) that mashing the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor without the Sprint Booster DOES NOT seem to have the same effect as using the pedal normally with the Sprint Booster.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by bteljuice1' post='549235' date='Mar 23 2008, 07:29 AM
tiny question. Pingu, i pmed u te other day and u gave me full info. i emailed the guy in HK 3 days ago and yet no reply no nothing. plus as i read on all recent threads, i think about the E60 discount and the price u gave me was not correct.the price is bout 250$, not less.

other then that, ur the best Pingu.

Guys if u need any question, Pingu is ur guy, he's like an E60 nerd.(its a compliment). He's the E60 manual guide,whtever u ask, he has the answer. so listen to him. which is y im trying to buy the SB.
sorry the $250 is with shipping the part is under $200. I asked him before
also you will have to wait until tuesday cos itis the easter hoildays in HK right now.
you will get it from them dont worry
Old 03-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bteljuice1' post='549236' date='Mar 23 2008, 07:31 AM
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. i have a question that i bet no one asked.

should i reset my computer(after installing the S, the 25s full pedal precedure, so that it memorize my driving WITH the SB.
yes you should, it will be better, but if you dont do it it will still not harm it.
I reset it at my local shop.
BTW is there a hidden key to reset the engine just like the gerabox computer?
Old 03-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='549253' date='Mar 23 2008, 08:40 AM
It's funny how this forum is the most "open minded" forum on the SB that I've seen. A few weeks back someone on X5world.com asked if his SB out of his ML63 AMG would also work on his new X5 4.8i and I responded that probably not because at the very least the connectors would be different. I also went on to explain how happy I was with the SB on my 545 and so much so that I bought a second one for our new X5. From that point on the skeptics started attacking and saying in an almost arrogant way that it's "all in my head" and it's the "placebo effect" where I only think that the car is accelerating quicker because I "know" that something is installed and just subconsciously convince myself of that. My response to that was the fact that when I installed the SB in my wife's car I didn't tell her about it. The next morning she called me from work and asked if I had done anything to her car because it felt quicker. The "placebo effect" and "it's all in your head" doesn't explain that one, does it (as she didn't know anything was installed on her car).

They even posted a technical paper written by someone who had done technical tests on the SB on a Mercedes and compared it to the stock and according to him all the Sprint Booster does is amplify the accelerator pedal signal and that would mean you should get the same results by mashing your foot all the way on the pedal. Well I'm here to tell you (and it seems others on this board agree) that mashing the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor without the Sprint Booster DOES NOT seem to have the same effect as using the pedal normally with the Sprint Booster.
what a joke it just like a year ago some story on this forum.
people that says this dont know any thing about how a car works.
eary 1 thort that if you push the peddle down it dose the same thing, lol
this dont amplify the accelerator pedal signal, it just cut off the lag and gears change quicker, again they have not got a clue.
I am happy that you wife likes it.
I wish they made this for my Honda Stepwgn too :thumbsdown:
Old 03-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='549260' date='Mar 22 2008, 09:16 PM
what a joke it just like a year ago some story on this forum.
people that says this dont know any thing about how a car works.
eary 1 thort that if you push the peddle down it dose the same thing, lol
this dont amplify the accelerator pedal signal, it just cut off the lag and gears change quicker, again they have not got a clue.
I am happy that you wife likes it.
I wish they made this for my Honda Stepwgn too :thumbsdown:

pingu- can you pm me the info on buying the SB from that guy as well? I am interested in getting it close to 200 and I can't imagine that it's that big and shipping should be over 25 bucks. Is this a place that a lot of guys have bought from and trustworthy?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='549282' date='Mar 22 2008, 10:37 PM
pingu- can you pm me the info on buying the SB from that guy as well? I am interested in getting it close to 200 and I can't imagine that it's that big and shipping should be over 25 bucks. Is this a place that a lot of guys have bought from and trustworthy?

Thanks
His name is Andy Wong. Email is: sale@PartsExporter.com

Great guy. I ordered it on a Friday (NY) and had it in my office by Monday. Did I mention he's in Hong Kong?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Contributors

C's Bimmer, how much did u get it for? including shppement. i just emailed Wong and he told me the discount for E60 forum is 275$ S&H to US.

i live in saudi, and my dads in bahrein.my sisters in Lebanon. Which address is cheaper to be shipped to? i wanna get it the cheapest possible. As Pingu said, that the SB is around 200$ but its the shippment that is expensive, so i want to try the minimal cost of the shippment.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:00 AM
Contributors

OUT OF THE SUBJECT.

My friend has an E240 V6, 2001. and hes been buggin me that my 520i, 2.2L 2005 is a little mouse and that he can beat me easily. we have the same HP.if i get the SB, do u think ill be able to beat him? or can i beat him even wihtout it?

or will the SB give me a sure win

PS: i just ordered the K&N filter.wil it also help?
Old 03-23-2008, 05:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='549282' date='Mar 23 2008, 10:37 AM

Thanks
100% trustworthy he the best in HK for this.
The boss that owns this is call Gilbert
he will ship the goods out on time.
I have been buying many MB and BMW and Smart for 2 parts from him.

here is the address and phone and email that you can contact him.
INVO AUTOTEC CO LTD

SHOP 5A, G/F KWONG SANG HONG CTR,
151 HOI BUN ROAD
KWUN TONG
KOWLOON
HONG KONG
TEL: (852)27838782
FAX: (852)27826827
email: g888@hotmail.com

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index.php?o...9&Itemid=34

say you are from the e60 forum and he should give you the group buy price.
good luck

Quick Reply: sprint booster question?