E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

sprint booster question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i read that the device basically fools the computer and messes with the pedal movement to cause more acceleration. So does that mean if i was to floor it fro starting position id have the same result as the sprint booster installled? if so, is it really any benefit other than foot fatigue from a lead foot?
Old 03-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Members

With the Sprint Booster, you don't need to mesh the pedal to the metal. A light tap will do. Becoz the throttle response is faster, it makes the car respond faster to your foot. I have the less aggressive unit for my steptronic; the more aggressive unit makes my car behave like an animal as it will easily downshift when you put your foot down. To drive smoothly, you need to have a light foot. So far, no problem with the unit in the car.
Members

With the Sprint Booster, you don't need to mesh the pedal to the metal. A light tap will do. Becoz the throttle response is faster, it makes the car respond faster to your foot. I have the less aggressive unit for my steptronic; the more aggressive unit makes my car behave like an animal as it will easily downshift when you put your foot down. To drive smoothly, you need to have a light foot. So far, no problem with the unit in the car.
Members

Old 03-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Senior Members

what do you mean by light foot? is it like barely touching the pedal? will it cause foot fatigue if you were to drive comfortably?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

So basically this thing gets your gas mileage down and your adrenaline up !
Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by tosoon' post='547286' date='Mar 18 2008, 10:14 PM
They make more than one model?
Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by aresh' post='547221' date='Mar 19 2008, 08:10 AM
i read that the device basically fools the computer and messes with the pedal movement to cause more acceleration. So does that mean if i was to floor it fro starting position id have the same result as the sprint booster installled? if so, is it really any benefit other than foot fatigue from a lead foot?
1st this SB is not to fools the computer.
itis to cut off the delay of the acceleration.
the delay is for safety on the car so the you dont bump into the car infront.
some of my freinds dont like the feeling of this but I love it.
this item is 1000 time better than modding the engine and much more fun and much cheeper mod too
Old 03-20-2008, 03:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='547975' date='Mar 20 2008, 04:23 AM
1st this SB is not to fools the computer.
itis to cut off the delay of the acceleration.
the delay is for safety on the car so the you dont bump into the car infront.
some of my freinds dont like the feeling of this but I love it.
this item is 1000 time better than modding the engine and much more fun and much cheeper mod too

Is that right about intentionally putting in a delay for safety on the auto version? Sounds like a bad idea.......
Old 03-20-2008, 04:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='548016' date='Mar 20 2008, 07:57 PM
Is that right about intentionally putting in a delay for safety on the auto version? Sounds like a bad idea.......
this is what BMW told me.
other wise they could make it like Ferrari cars and just touch it it gose.

Quick Reply: sprint booster question?