E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sprint Booster Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: No mods

hows the splitter? is it easy for you to clear? Im thinking to go HR race after selling the SB
Old 11-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

you and your mod bug....
Old 11-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='493434' date='Nov 12 2007, 06:51 PM
hows the splitter? is it easy for you to clear? Im thinking to go HR race after selling the SB

WOW!! don't do it... !! hr race is wayyyyyyy to lowww.. I 1st lowerd the car on them b4 the splitter and new it would be too low.. after a week I eneded up having to buy Sports also the ride quality is a world of difference the race i felt every bum almost like a honda with cheap coilovers the sports feel very close to stock comfort... loss about 200 bucks on the installation money. Go with sports.. its still low now but its manageable if you can ride careful.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='476949' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't rely on just C's wife's feedback. My wife drove my car and had no clue. She also didn't notice that I lowered the car with probably the most aggressive springs on the market or did she even comment on the aftermarket exhaust I installed. Some women are just oblivious to these things and that's not to say they're not intelligent; they just don't care.

Soooo true!! I seem to be surrounded by those types in my life - no disrespect meant to them just that it can be very frustrating at times. Things like walking through an oil puddle in a store parking lot and jumping in the car...see's the oil, but just doesn't care that it is now in your carpet Then when you mention it - your the bad guy....sheesh
Old 01-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Members

Does anyone have one in Socal near LA that I could borrow with another fellow E60 forum member to see if he can replicate them? For less $ for you guys?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='493411' date='Nov 12 2007, 06:59 PM
I've been keeping up with the whole sprint booster mod and wont be buying it ,Simply because it does not add any more performance to the car just basically does the same thing I can do with my leadfoot which is increase acceleration. Again I have never tried a SB but have read many of your descriptions and testimonials on how it works and therefore can draw this conclusion. I have noticed just like prev car Audi B6 that the e60's gas pedal has about 10% more that you can press down at the end , Im not sure is everyone has noticed that. When the pedal is pushed that last 10% down is when the car triggers into the lower gear and rpm's increase... I have no problem smashing the pedal to the metal when I want to get max acceleration or pass a car infront of me so that does it for me. I bellieve what the SB does is trick the car into thinking you are at the last 10% of pushing down the pedal so I dont think I can justify 250+ on something like that since my foot is always at that 80 to 90 to 100% throttle anyways. with that said if the SB did anything performance wise besides acceleration that I can control myself I would pull the trigger.

Oh man no way, I completely agree with C's experiences since I finally had a chance to taste what the SB hype was all about. All I can say is holy effin sh!t, my car is seriously out of control with the SB installed. I drove arond with it on for a day and became instantly addicted like a crackhead, I then removed it the next day to see what the difference would be and I hated driving it!

I don't think it's about being an extra 10% more responsive, it feels like a whole new system of throttling. Besides the instantaneous throttle response, the shifting is much much quicker, feels stronger and better. My first gear pull is constantly peeling out now, the freeway pulls feel much stronger, it's like a whole new gearing took over now. You have to try it to believe it.

Bottom line, WELL worth the $250, that is if you can get it at that price.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='477592' date='Oct 3 2007, 04:46 PM
. just buy a new one for 250 that is compatible with your car steven.

i got a story to tell everyone. so last night, me, ImSortaBigDeal and Nerwezzy were hanging out. I asked Nerwezzy if I could try his sprintbooster out. He said about how the service light appears when the SB is on his car b/c the SB he bought was for a 550 SMG (Bing), but it still worked for Nerwezzys 530. so we drove to his house to try it on my car. After installation, I turned on the car. The car was acting all crazy. The revs were bouncing and the car was knocking. In addition, the service light went on and the Emission light on. I was freaked out. So I removed it.

The end of this story is my car is fine now, no check engine lights are appearing, except for the angel eyes problem i have :thumbsdown:

I still question if I should buy the SB after this experience.
How long does it take for the warning sign went away? I installed the SB this morning. Right after I insert the key and start the engine, the rpm jumps up and down like crazy so I removed the SB right away. But the wanring sign is still on even I tried to restart the engine few times.

Not sure if I should wait until the sign went away then try install the SB again. Any idea? Thank you
Old 03-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

I installed it at night (10pm). I bought one personally afterwards and tried it once but sold it recently b/c I rather spend that money on other mods

PS. the SB works. I still miss it and wish I have it sometimes
Old 03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

and recently had that same SB put on an LCI 550. no error messages whatsoever.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:31 AM
Contributors

ahhhhh crap alpinewhite, i just saw ur Post, i PMed u earlier in the morning for the SB.

I WANT THAT SB. it cost 250$ and people are selling it used for 240$ i jsut dont get it.isnt there anyone selling it for 210$?????/ im willing to buy S&H to Bahrein or Saudi.whichever is cheaper and makes u more profit

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Installed!