E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Speaker upgrade question (already extensively searched the forum)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cleung
I have a JBL ms-8 also which I will be using for my system. I was going to be using 4" focal utopia speakers but decided to try something different, the focals will require you to use a mounting plate. Mount the speaker to the plate then mount the plate to the car. I know some people have had these plates custom machined, I'm cheap so I will just be making mine from mdf.

About these mounting plates, I have some Infinity Kappa's and I can only use 2 tabs, bend the other two, anybody that sells these mountung plates?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

not sure if anyone sells them, you may have to get someone to make some for you.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cleung
not sure if anyone sells them, you may have to get someone to make some for you.
that's what I thought, I'm gonna see about those Rainbow's Technic was talking about
Old 02-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Contributors

Does anybody know where I can buy a Micro Precision 5.8?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Senior Members

I ended up going with Morel Hybrid 4"... they are doing a great job for me right now!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Contributors

Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by kdarcia007
I have an extra one for sale. Ill give some more info on the speakers and other question you asked tonight.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

i got my highs ran thru the jl clean sweep. and the rcas (front back) from that go to my alpine 5 channel amp. my 5th chaneel runs my underseat speakers( which dont really add anything to the system sound wise)the wires for the underseat subs got ranfrom the tiny amp in the trunk. the front and rear 4 inchs wires came directly from the headunit. the subs get ran thru the clean sweep too. its an rcas maze really. i took it apart one day and couldnt figure out how to get it back together. right now shits just layin in the trunk. after my body kit imma get back to the stereo again and make it look nicer and ditch the front 4 inchs and get 6.5s for more midbass. the 4s are way to tin-e
Attached Thumbnails Speaker upgrade question (already extensively searched the forum)-001.jpg   Speaker upgrade question (already extensively searched the forum)-003.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nelson29
I have an extra one for sale. Ill give some more info on the speakers and other question you asked tonight.
Thanks Nelson!!! , I have read that it makes a heck of a center channel for our cars , I am anxiously waiting for ur reply mate.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
i got my highs ran thru the jl clean sweep. and the rcas (front back) from that go to my alpine 5 channel amp. my 5th chaneel runs my underseat speakers( which dont really add anything to the system sound wise)the wires for the underseat subs got ranfrom the tiny amp in the trunk. the front and rear 4 inchs wires came directly from the headunit. the subs get ran thru the clean sweep too. its an rcas maze really. i took it apart one day and couldnt figure out how to get it back together. right now shits just layin in the trunk. after my body kit imma get back to the stereo again and make it look nicer and ditch the front 4 inchs and get 6.5s for more midbass. the 4s are way to tin-e
Instead of JLCLEANSWEEP I use an AUDIOCONTROL LC6i, I don't know about the underseat speakers not making an impact, I think it depends on the brand and model of the speakers you have under your seats.

I have 2 x 12" Kicker Subs inside my trunk pumping 1500RMS (750 x 2), plugged to a Kicker Mono Amp 2500 RMS @ 2ohms), and they make HUGE bass, but I still miss the higher freq bass inside the cabin that the underseat subs can give me, I am also missing the center channel, the 4 other mids inside my car can't reproduce the effect that the center channel makes.

Quick Reply: Speaker upgrade question (already extensively searched the forum)