E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Spark Plug that will give you 5 HP gain?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05' 545i

so do you want restricitve ariflow (stock) or a "warm" air intake (afe etc)
Old 11-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I posted this subjet 2 time and had no feed back along time ago
so in the end it not worth getting these plugs for $200us for set of 6 right?
Old 11-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i SGM Steptronic Dinan CAI Dinan TB GTech Pro RR

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='729752' date='Nov 24 2008, 04:36 AM
I posted this subjet 2 time and had no feed back along time ago
so in the end it not worth getting these plugs for $200us for set of 6 right?
I spoke with Dan Parker, CEO of Enerpulse last week about their plugs. While I have a couple of engineering degrees, I will make no claim that I clearly understand nor believe/disbelieve the claims Dan (and others) make regarding the merits of hotter sparks, longer pulses, improved capacitance, etc. During the discussion, Dan did pull out dyno results for a couple of E36 tests with their plugs and claimed 4-5% improvements. We discussed the condition of the dyno tests and the before-after plugs. He cited other examples of back-to-back tests with new OE plugs versus theirs with similar results.

I asked him about the issues I've read on other forums about their plugs (in a couple of cases) and he agreed that they had had two quality control events over the past two years that have been addressed. The dialogue was very open. He was very interested in my plans to dyno back-to-back the Denso Iridium plugs in my 545i versus his Pulstar plugs here in Detroit and offered his tech support to help set the test up on the hub dyno I'll be using. I intend to perform this test in the next two months but it will not be statistically significant as I will only do two pulls with the Densos and then two with the Pulstars. Still, should get a feel if they show an improvement or not. Stay tuned...
Old 11-24-2008, 04:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by brandsb' post='729786' date='Nov 24 2008, 07:30 PM
I spoke with Dan Parker, CEO of Enerpulse last week about their plugs. While I have a couple of engineering degrees, I will make no claim that I clearly understand nor believe/disbelieve the claims Dan (and others) make regarding the merits of hotter sparks, longer pulses, improved capacitance, etc. During the discussion, Dan did pull out dyno results for a couple of E36 tests with their plugs and claimed 4-5% improvements. We discussed the condition of the dyno tests and the before-after plugs. He cited other examples of back-to-back tests with new OE plugs versus theirs with similar results.

I asked him about the issues I've read on other forums about their plugs (in a couple of cases) and he agreed that they had had two quality control events over the past two years that have been addressed. The dialogue was very open. He was very interested in my plans to dyno back-to-back the Denso Iridium plugs in my 545i versus his Pulstar plugs here in Detroit and offered his tech support to help set the test up on the hub dyno I'll be using. I intend to perform this test in the next two months but it will not be statistically significant as I will only do two pulls with the Densos and then two with the Pulstars. Still, should get a feel if they show an improvement or not. Stay tuned...
thanks for the info I be waiting for you good or bad news