E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Slammed E60

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is a TRANSFORMER, you can't ride around with the car on the ground, things start to break. The kid has a unique look and it must generate a lot of interest and disscussion when he takes it out. That translates to meeting other " car people " who have a passion for all things automotive. It may not be to your liking but thats what makes this whole car thing so cool..... freedom of expression. Saying the car looks " Ghetto " is funny because there isn't one slammed E60 in the ghetto, not even one. People that say things like that have never actualy been to a ghetto.

People ask me about my car all the time and a lot of them don't understand WHY I would change things on my car and I know at that point that they just don't get it. I just smile, it's all good, I don't understand why people study dead languages but THEY do.

I like that he can change the look of the car with the push of a button, thats cool.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

ive been around pickup trucks with air suspensions for years. these kits can be just as reliable as a stock suspension. its all bout the install. keep it clean and youll hardly run into problems. things do break tho, air lines valves compressor. and its can become a pain in the ass. but in my opinion being able to slam the car when u park and lift it high enuff to get over speed bumps is the shit
Old 01-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Air suspension can't be that bad or ghetto if Mercedes puts it in 100k cars stock
Old 01-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

I would've loved this look when I was younger, but now it doesn't really suit me. I wouldn't want to lose all the handling aspects of the car just for a look. I feel it's like putting a big stereo in an M5. It defeats the purpose of the car. It does take big ball to do though.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

I almost expect it to "jump up and down" with hydraulics ...
Old 01-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Clownshoe
Saying the car looks " Ghetto " is funny because there isn't one slammed E60 in the ghetto, not even one. People that say things like that have never actualy been to a ghetto.
The term ghetto not only refers to poor and impoverished people/communities. It has now morphed to also include tasteless/classless behavior or acts. That's how I see most people using the word nowadays. Just like the phrase "you can take someone out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of them", people can be rich but do things that are tacky.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:38 PM
New Members

This is my first response....new to thread, but not BMW?s. From the M3 world, as well as Porsche and Ferrari. I am surprised by the ?intent? that some have of this automobile, the 5 Series. My appreciation for it is based on the premise of it being a ?sports sedan?, which is the ?purpose? of the original designers, and every BMW in general. Performance is paramount (regardless of engine displacement) and moving this function through form, artfully, is how I see paying tribute to this fine automobile. Making something just have ?a look?, however personal, which sacrifices the technological advantages inherent is its design voids its meaning - the reason most of us love this brand. The subject modifications under discussion in this thread do not align with the spirit of BMW. However, they do align with the owner, who certainly has his own ?unique? values, and in this case, they trump that of the car.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Where did Howitzer go after making his comments ? I for one don't see any problems with being young with a e60 nor is there a problem with buying a e60 used. I consider myself to be young (under 30) and I did buy my e60 used, so what? When I bought my e60 it was a little less than 3 years old with 34,000km on it and I paid $40,000 less than the original sticker price on the car, I actually feel sorry for the guy who lost over $40,000 for only 34,000km of use.

I have a friend who has his masters degree and a good job who lives with his parents still but owns 2 rental properties and just bought a used X5, does that mean that he will be inclined to slam his X5?

different people have different tastes, I actually think that that slammed e60 is ugly as hell but that doesn't make me think the owner is an uneducated loser.