E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

SIRIUS retrofit on 545i with NAV

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to hear your results .....
Old 03-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by gmmandrade' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:33 AM
Any info on whether I'd still qualify for the 1st year free Sirius????
[snapback]99119[/snapback]
You should. I had mine installed Jan 05 in my Jan 04 build car. When I was initializing the service they asked me which plan I wanted to sign up for and I said I thought I got the first year free. She put me on hold and came back a minute later saying I was all set. Definitely ask for it.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Members

Is it the end of the day yet? I'd love to add Sat Radio to my car.

Must... be... patient....
Old 03-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Members

my car has been in exactly a week now, for the sirius install, and mine was pre-wired. There was a problem with the wiring, and it had to be replaced. There was no way to get the shark fin off without either damaging the fin or the roof (it's polyurethyn-ed on.) The glass installer from the body shop got it off. Thus, new shark fin, painted at body shop, etc. Headliner and trim completely off- i'm sure i'll have more rattles than i can track down now. We'll see if it was worth it . . .
Old 03-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Members

My Ride: Euro Delivery (June 04) 545i Step, Saph Blk/Auburn, PDC, Premium Sound, NAV, Cold Weather Pkg, (SIRIUS soon, I hope!)

Unf****believable! I just called BMW of Greenwich, because I hadn't heard all day. The guy tells me that BMW Tech came in, and then informed the dealership that one of the parts that had been ordered was the wrong one. The correct part is on "back order nationwide", and the dealership is trying to find out when they'll get it. Bottom line is I'm heading over now to pick up my untouched car.....

Sorry for the buildup, of all the things I thought could go wrong, this I did not expect. :thumbsdown:

The saga continues.....
Old 03-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Members

My Ride: Euro Delivery (June 04) 545i Step, Saph Blk/Auburn, PDC, Premium Sound, NAV, Cold Weather Pkg, (SIRIUS soon, I hope!)

Picked up my car. Dealer was very apologetic. Said it was a screw up in the order, and that it also affected two other customers that were supposed to have the service done today. He said BMW assures him the part will be sent in a few days, expected arrival of one week to 10 days max. Then they have to get the BMW tech back in and do the service. He says best guess is two weeks from now, at most.

I'll keep you all posted.......
Old 03-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gmmandrade' date='Mar 9 2005, 06:15 PM
Picked up my car. Dealer was very apologetic. Said it was a screw up in the order, and that it also affected two other customers that were supposed to have the service done today. He said BMW assures him the part will be sent in a few days, expected arrival of one week to 10 days max. Then they have to get the BMW tech back in and do the service. He says best guess is two weeks from now, at most.?

I'll keep you all posted.......?
[snapback]99292[/snapback]

Since I've been told that it is impossible/prohibitive to install Sirius/satelite radio on any cars without sat. prep. it would be very very helpful if you could learn and tell us the exact parts that were ordered and installed once you learn what they are. This was told to me by the head engineer for BMWNA who oversees the Sirius radio integration as being impractical so therefore I'm very intrigued on how you will end up getting it to happen! and optimistic about your adventures as well.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:31 AM
Contributors

well, it's been a few days - hows the new Sirius in your car?
Old 03-12-2005, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Mar 12 2005, 10:31 AM
well, it's been a few days - hows the new Sirius in your car?
[snapback]100506[/snapback]
Here, here wassy! how is this retrofit going?
Old 03-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

How much do you want to bet that they didn't get it working yet?...

Quick Reply: SIRIUS retrofit on 545i with NAV