E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Seriously, $2400 for a cat back exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
lol you couldnt handle my love pumpkin tits

I'll pass thanks, I was Air Force not Navy - remember?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
You want in on this love triangle too? Thought you already had one with PJINCA and Howitzer?
Trying to cheat on me and C?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
You want in on this love triangle too? Thought you already had one with PJINCA and Howitzer?

Where the hell is EuroCarHam when you need him?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.

Originally Posted by pjinca

I'll pass thanks, I was Air Force not Navy - remember?

Members

My Ride: Current: '08 535i Recent BMW: '95 M3 (swapped) Engine- Swapped '95 S50 with '99 S52 3.2L bored/stroked to 3.3L, kept OBD1 JE Pistons (9.0:1 compression ratio) Pauter connecting rods Schrick Camshafts Vortech V2 w/ custom bypass valve RMS Aftercooler Head modifications Ported and Polished, large valve springs and retainers, Valves Yes, but don't know name Valve springs Yes, but don't know name Retainers Yes, but don't know name Electromotive TEC III stand alone engine management, tuned by Vic Sias of Sias Tuning S50 Intake manifold Dinan Throttle Body 42lb Fuel injectors Custom RMS air intake RMS Header Custom header-back exhaust Quad exit rolled tips, polished exhaust High flow catalytic converter NGK Spark plugs B&M short shift kit Centerforce Dual Friction clutch Odyssey PC 680 Lightweight Battery Exterior- House of Kolor Moondust Silver Custom 1.5" flares molded into body Trim painted and molded into fender flares Dresmann body kit from Germany (front bumper, sideskirts, rear bumper) Kerscher 3 piece CF spoiler - imported from Germany CF side mirrors DTM Authaus CF vented hood Lighting- Gourmet Garage HID's Umnitza Angel Eyes OEM Euro tails Clear corners Interior- Seats Sparco Torino Alcantara door panel inserts silver Brand new OEM ///M3 floor mats Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces Autometer Pro-Comp Boost Gauge Autometer Pro-Comp AFR Gauge New silver/black ///M3 shift knob Custom trunk floor with amps mounted in bottom OMP Racing black suede steering wheel Valentine One hardwire kit/windshield mount Car Audio- Eclipse Head Unit (w/ sub control) Two Diamond Audio Amplifiers Diamond Audio mids, highs in car Two 15" Diamond Audio free air Subs in trunk Street Wires wiring Wheels/Tires, Brakes Front wheels 19x8.5 BBS CH wrapped in 245/35/19 Yokahama AVS Rear wheels 19x9.5 BBS CH wrapped in 275/30/19 Yokohama AVS Stainless Steel brake lines New PBR Metal Master pads in front (less than 500mi) HP Racing 15" Rotor HP Racing 8 Piston Caliper Suspension components- Front springs/coilovers (brand) H&R Coilovers (adjustable) Bilstein front dampers Rear springs/coilovers (brand) H&R Cupkit (adjustable) Bilstein rear dampers Total lowering (inches) (front) 1-3" Front RD Adjustable Sway bar Rear RD Adjustable Sway bar Sparco Front strut brace (adjustable) Energy Bushings NuFormz Chassis reinforcements (custom) Powerflex (brand new less than 1K miles)

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
The problem is that you didn't come at this thread with a real question. You came out it clearly stating that there was no way the exhaust cost that much to make, that for its price it should be made of something stronger or lighter and that RPI just charges whatever people are willing to pay. You questioned not only their manufacturing process but also the ethics of their economics and therefore their business and those who work for them.

Maybe you didnt mean to come at it that way but you did so Eloy obviously took it as an attack on the hard labor of his product, which it seemed that way to me and a bunch of other members.

Everything that RPI makes so far has been a well engineered, crafted system that outperforms all the competition so far. They have set a new standard, at a relatively low price.

If you had said "Wow this seems expensive, why does this exhaust cost this price?" then Eloy would have given you tons of examples and information to show you how its made, how it performs and how other systems that are priced the same and sometimes even more dont even compare to it.

We've all given you tons of reasons why it costs as much as it does, and backed it up with the costs of the materials and basic manufacturing principles given the niche market and current economy.

Either buy the exhaust or stop bitching about how it costs so much while youre not buying it anyway
Perhaps you're right. That wasn't my intent, and bitching I was not. Anyway, I see your point.
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Hey hey hey Tony, it's just PTL and Howie - I exchanged NO hearts with either of them

Don't deny our love pjinca.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.

Hey Eloy whats the military discount for your 04 530I tune
Old 04-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Members

My Ride: Current: '08 535i Recent BMW: '95 M3 (swapped) Engine- Swapped '95 S50 with '99 S52 3.2L bored/stroked to 3.3L, kept OBD1 JE Pistons (9.0:1 compression ratio) Pauter connecting rods Schrick Camshafts Vortech V2 w/ custom bypass valve RMS Aftercooler Head modifications Ported and Polished, large valve springs and retainers, Valves Yes, but don't know name Valve springs Yes, but don't know name Retainers Yes, but don't know name Electromotive TEC III stand alone engine management, tuned by Vic Sias of Sias Tuning S50 Intake manifold Dinan Throttle Body 42lb Fuel injectors Custom RMS air intake RMS Header Custom header-back exhaust Quad exit rolled tips, polished exhaust High flow catalytic converter NGK Spark plugs B&M short shift kit Centerforce Dual Friction clutch Odyssey PC 680 Lightweight Battery Exterior- House of Kolor Moondust Silver Custom 1.5" flares molded into body Trim painted and molded into fender flares Dresmann body kit from Germany (front bumper, sideskirts, rear bumper) Kerscher 3 piece CF spoiler - imported from Germany CF side mirrors DTM Authaus CF vented hood Lighting- Gourmet Garage HID's Umnitza Angel Eyes OEM Euro tails Clear corners Interior- Seats Sparco Torino Alcantara door panel inserts silver Brand new OEM ///M3 floor mats Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces Autometer Pro-Comp Boost Gauge Autometer Pro-Comp AFR Gauge New silver/black ///M3 shift knob Custom trunk floor with amps mounted in bottom OMP Racing black suede steering wheel Valentine One hardwire kit/windshield mount Car Audio- Eclipse Head Unit (w/ sub control) Two Diamond Audio Amplifiers Diamond Audio mids, highs in car Two 15" Diamond Audio free air Subs in trunk Street Wires wiring Wheels/Tires, Brakes Front wheels 19x8.5 BBS CH wrapped in 245/35/19 Yokahama AVS Rear wheels 19x9.5 BBS CH wrapped in 275/30/19 Yokohama AVS Stainless Steel brake lines New PBR Metal Master pads in front (less than 500mi) HP Racing 15" Rotor HP Racing 8 Piston Caliper Suspension components- Front springs/coilovers (brand) H&R Coilovers (adjustable) Bilstein front dampers Rear springs/coilovers (brand) H&R Cupkit (adjustable) Bilstein rear dampers Total lowering (inches) (front) 1-3" Front RD Adjustable Sway bar Rear RD Adjustable Sway bar Sparco Front strut brace (adjustable) Energy Bushings NuFormz Chassis reinforcements (custom) Powerflex (brand new less than 1K miles)

Originally Posted by FRONJONI
this thread is hilarious
op got a crash course in business economics...
and the thing is, i think hes gonna end up getting it too...
i think he just wanted some support, but asked in a very very wrong way...
This was the funniest thing I've read in a while. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by JETBLACK530I
Hey they are called Seamen for a reason right?

Originally Posted by JETBLACK530I
Hey Eloy whats the military discount for your 04 530I tune
If you're Army, Air Force, or Marines it's a discount. If you're Navy please add 20% And a "Stop calling me!!!!"
Old 04-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
in your OP you stated the exhaust gives 10hp gains...what exactly is that worth to you? Or what should a $2400 exhaust put down/do for you? Again, there are not many other 535i exhaust systems out there with such proven gains.....so I ask again as you looking for sounds? performance? both?

BTW: here's the dyno https://5series.net/forums/topic/749..._1#entry847118
10hp is a fantastic gain for a cat back. My needs revolve around a good balance between solid performance and a throaty exhaust note. If the 530i exhaust market is scarce, shoot, i understand how scarcity affects pricing.

I must have got that from this "crash course" in business economics from this thread.

Every car I've had since I was 16 has had mods...exhaust being one of the first. So, it's an important mod to me.

Quick Reply: Seriously, $2400 for a cat back exhaust?