E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Seriously, $2400 for a cat back exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
Um, not for nothing, but you say they make OEM exhausts - then why would we want theirs? People buying RPI exhausts are trying NOT to get OEM performance, just OEM quality. Or haven't you noticed how crappy and restrictive OEM exhausts are?
OEM exhausts are designed with restrictions in mind, aftermarket systems rarely are. Their OEM exhaust development has entirely different objectives than their aftermarket division. OEM manufacturing is strictly to show these companies are trusted and invest massive amounts of money in proper R&D and manufacturing tools. To claim European systems are copy of OEM exhausts is a tad out of line.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Senior Members

RESOUND the HORNS BOYS!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by CampioniShop
OEM exhausts are designed with restrictions in mind, aftermarket systems rarely are. Their OEM exhaust development has entirely different objectives than their aftermarket division. OEM manufacturing is strictly to show these companies are trusted and invest massive amounts of money in proper R&D and manufacturing tools. To claim European systems are copy of OEM exhausts is a tad out of line.
Well then there's always the track as well as the dyno Eroy can stomp you there too (for a little hint see the MFest thread)
Old 05-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Well then there's always the track as well as the dyno Eroy can stomp you there too (for a little hint see the MFest thread)
Ding ding. Popcorn please.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

When Eroy will have various LeMans, Formula 1 & 2, Rally Dakar and various other FIA homologated racing series wins under his belt, sure.

I propose an honest and logical answer to your subtely offensive post and there the bandwagon line has been crossed and into the fanboy'ism we go. I'll stop here.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Contributors

When Eroy will have various LeMans, Formula 1 & 2, Rally Dakar and various other FIA homologated racing series wins under his belt, sure.

I propose an honest and logical answer to your subtely offensive post and there the bandwagon line has been crossed and into the fanboy'ism we go. I'll stop here.

Seriously, you are going there? There isn;t a lot of "design prowess" in a full race exhaust, most are straight through free flowing and street illegal. Now if you were serious you could please link me to a SINGLE thread where a street car running your exhaust was excited by the noise and (at a closed track event) was able to beat and out last cars that many thought were faster, then you are playing on an even field. Until then you are just shoveling the shit

BTW being an OEM supplier might impress some, but knowing what I do about manufacturing all you're telling me is that they were the lowest bidder that met the makers specs - big whoop
Old 05-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Senior Members

Seriously, you are going there? There isn;t a lot of "design prowess" in a full race exhaust, most are straight through free flowing and street illegal. Now if you were serious you could please link me to a SINGLE thread where a street car running your exhaust was excited by the noise and (at a closed track event) was able to beat and out last cars that many thought were faster, then you are playing on an even field. Until then you are just shoveling the shit
You quite obviously lack knowledge in race exhaust development. Let me help.

Most FIA and FIM homologated series have decibel output requirements which must be met otherwise you face disqualification. Developping an exhaust system that both performs and meets sound requirements is an art on it's own. Unless you have access to a multi-million dollar sound chamber as REMUS does, you are doing corner store garage development with unreliable decibel meters.

Eisenmann, SuperSprint, REMUS, lowest bidders? Seriously? Mercedes AMG, Porsche GmbH, Ducati SPa, Bentley, Quattro GmbH and others surely develop their state of the art cars with low end exhaust systems. Right.

Are you that big of a fanboy to want to look like a fool? But I guess that would defeat the definition of fanboy.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Contributors

You quite obviously lack knowledge in race exhaust development. Let me help.

Most FIA and FIM homologated series have decibel output requirements which must be met otherwise you face disqualification. Developping an exhaust system that both performs and meets sound requirements is an art on it's own. Unless you have access to a multi-million dollar sound chamber as REMUS does, you are doing corner store garage development with unreliable decibel meters.

Eisenmann, SuperSprint, REMUS, lowest bidders? Seriously? Mercedes AMG, Porsche GmbH, Ducati SPa, Bentley, Quattro GmbH and others surely develop their state of the art cars with low end exhaust systems. Right.

Are you that big of a fanboy to want to look like a fool? But I guess that would defeat the definition of fanboy.

LOL you're a joke and a moron, doesn't matter if a car costs 15K or 300k ALL manufacturers are out to make a profit, which means they go for what benefits their bottom line - if you haven't realized this you must have the IQ of a cockroach.

To quote: "To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people, I know sheep that could outwit you"

And since you are not an engineer yourself, nor a technical person whatsoever then you are merely a fanboy like you accuse us of being. And therefore not worthy of wiping the sweat from my scrotum
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Well this thread has certainly turned into an entertaining thread. If this proponent of Remus belives that Remus exhausts are superior to RPI, maybe they should take an E60, put on the Remus exhaust and dyno it. Then they should remove the Remus exhaust and put on RPI exhaustg and dyno the car again. The dyno shop should be independent and unaffiliated with either Remus or RPI. May the best exhaust win.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Well this thread has certainly turned into an entertaining thread. If this proponent of Remus belives that Remus exhausts are superior to RPI, maybe they should take an E60, put on the Remus exhaust and dyno it. Then they should remove the Remus exhaust and put on RPI exhaustg and dyno the car again. The dyno shop should be independent and unaffiliated with either Remus or RPI. May the best exhaust win.

Agreed, I jsut think someone's a little sour since his exhausts don't have a following here - maybe he needs a hug

Quick Reply: Seriously, $2400 for a cat back exhaust?