E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Seriously, $2400 for a cat back exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
I have no problems with people voicing their opinions and if he was a bit more tactful instead of saying "..mickey mouse shops.." I wouldn't have cared but that was a condescending remark.
HOW'S THIS FOR CONDESCENDING MR. HAMMY!?!! Oh man I crack myself up sometimes I tell ya.
Attached Thumbnails Seriously, $2400 for a cat back exhaust?-lol.jpg  
Old 05-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Howitzer
HOW'S THIS FOR CONDESCENDING MR. HAMMY!?!! Oh man I crack myself up sometimes I tell ya.
LOL!!! Where is my alter ego? He's probably a lot nicer.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Contributors

is this shit still going?

jesusah
Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

WTF I bumped the? and u fags?
At first I was like?
But then I was like?
The fuuuu???
Old 05-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by Nolan222
Does the discount apply to a flying carpet squadron?
Ok, I got the red dot confused. I thought those were stick on but they might be from red dot aiming sights glowing from your squad?

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
lol you couldnt handle my love pumpkin tits
Hmmmmmmmm pumpkin size. BTW, our military discounts have always been posted.

Originally Posted by JETBLACK530I
Hey Eloy whats the military discount for your 04 530I tune
10% off if you use your USAA card. And yes, you can be in the Navy as well.

Originally Posted by pjinca
Hey they are called Seamen for a reason right?

If you're Army, Air Force, or Marines it's a discount. If you're Navy please add 20% And a "Stop calling me!!!!"
I know fruity pebbles from all branches. LT is pretty badass though I must say. Hes prob blown up 100 terrorists coming off his fighter heli from the air craft carrier.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

Originally Posted by theXman
Yes. Some members bought this setup have positive experience. RPI is a reputable vendor and stands behind its products. Dyno tests have been done to show improvements. But it is your money and you have to decide whether is worth the money or not. Good luck with your search for exhaust.

Welcome to the forum!
+1. they are a great company, we have their scoops
Old 05-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bens1088
why cant we all get along?

Why can't we just choose something other than a 535i then:

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/k...6-p-14483.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-C...Q5fAccessories

Hell the "buy it now" price is pretty attractive in this economy ain't it? Might even be able to buy the exhaust, then go buy the 91 civic, and then get a full tank of gas, AND still have $100 left for a imax date ??
Old 05-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
yap, right here

OP

its simple for me, ive owned tons of different exhausts, from Tanabe, Blitz, Greddy etc and i have RPI. Ive held it, examined the construction, material and overall build of the exhaust. Its worth every penny for me. Other companies have nicely built exhausts but they only make any gains in a dyno situation that doesnt represent real world conditions.

RPI will Dyno (For Free) any competitors exhaust with full transparency with the company reps being present to see how they match up. No company will do this. Why? Simple, because their product would show losses. Who wants to pay $2k for something that kills your performance and is advertised to increase it? Nobody.

I know it seems expensive, and honestly it is. So you have a choice. a) dont buy one and stop complaining b) by another product and stop complaining c)buy RPI and be apart of the RPI club (free hookers) or d) build your own exhaust
I had to quote this and chime in.

Having distributed and represented many high end European brands in the last few years, believe me, they do not care about a small time shop (RPi) making such claims. While RPi makes great products and are definately performance oriented, big brands such as SuperSprint, Eisenmann, Remus and Akrapovic do not care. They develop exhaust systems for OEM companies, OE tuners and they know their stuff. To assume since they do not participate in marketing feats by RPi is a proof their system does not deliver their advertised gains is twisted to say the least.

These companies enter comparaison matches in Europe between each other to proove who's the best of the biggest. REMUS has won Auto Sport's comparo in 2008 and 2009. Comparing themselves with small time regional/national shops is lose-lose situation for them. If they win the comparo nobody cares, if they lose everyone jumps on it.

There's a massive RPI bandwagon on this board which says a lot about their quality of their product, but a lot of times it steps beyond support and straight into fanboy'ism. The same can be applied to the myth about quad systems loosing HP. A well developped system like the REMUS or the Supersprint have been dyno'ed to show gains. How has a dyno from RPi become more relevent than a dyno from Remus or Supersprint? Forum blabla.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Contributors

Well because for most companies they dont show HOW they dyno a product. When RPI dyno's they show exactly how the car is being operated, with heat soak etc

Trust me companies do care, but not enough to be threatened. Some have even started copying RPI on the scoops. So telling us they dont care probably isnt the most accurate
Old 05-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Um, not for nothing, but you say they make OEM exhausts - then why would we want theirs? People buying RPI exhausts are trying NOT to get OEM performance, just OEM quality. Or haven't you noticed how crappy and restrictive OEM exhausts are?

Quick Reply: Seriously, $2400 for a cat back exhaust?