E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Seat Occupancy Control Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Well, I don't exactly believe that re-initializing is necessary the same as reset though. Because the vehicle does turn on/off, including pulling the battery, so it does turn off -- which technically restarts each time the car is turned on.

Regardless though, it worked, I am happy. It's so crazy to think that I lived with it for over half a year.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atta boy Simon. Surprised it took you this long to figure it out lol.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Atta boy Simon. Surprised it took you this long to figure it out lol.
Haha, for what the fix turned out to be, yes. At the same time, it's mainly because the fear + uncertainty in regarding manipulating the airbag module. Still don't know whether or not it's possible to accidentally deploy airbags while coding it. So it's a tread very lightly module, lol.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Hey Simon,
How goes it bro!

In short though, I basically re-initiated the entire airbag module. I actually screwed with the trace and man file so much that I figure it would be better to code it entirely back to factory. And what do you know, it fixed it.
I've got a buddy here in TO with the same problem you had and he's asked my to try the clear the error. I too had planned on diving into the TRC files to see if I could find anything but your solution seems to be a ton easier. I'm a lil' worried I deploy an air bag in error but hopefully we can't do this with coding.

To clarify your description of "re-initiating", I'm guessing that you re-coded the INPA module with a blank *.MAN file to return it to stock OEM, correct?

I'll try this on John's car also....
Old 06-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Haha, for what the fix turned out to be, yes. At the same time, it's mainly because the fear + uncertainty in regarding manipulating the airbag module. Still don't know whether or not it's possible to accidentally deploy airbags while coding it. So it's a tread very lightly module, lol.

Hey everyone. I was working with Simon and snapped this pic of him getting ready to work his his airbag module --->

Seat Occupancy Control Sensor-eod_bomb_suit_2a.jpg
Old 06-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Hey everyone. I was working with Simon and snapped this pic of him getting ready to work his his airbag module --->
Cripes NoQuarter,
This makes me feel real secure!! I guess we hit the execute button in NSCExpert and then get the hell outa the car whiles the module re-codes.....Haha
Old 06-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Cripes NoQuarter,
This makes me feel real secure!! I guess we hit the execute button in NSCExpert and then get the hell outa the car whiles the module re-codes.....Haha

How about a mouse with a 50' extension?
Old 06-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Contributors

How about a mouse with a 50' extension?
ROTFLMAO, even better!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Hey Simon,
How goes it bro!

I've got a buddy here in TO with the same problem you had and he's asked my to try the clear the error. I too had planned on diving into the TRC files to see if I could find anything but your solution seems to be a ton easier. I'm a lil' worried I deploy an air bag in error but hopefully we can't do this with coding.

To clarify your description of "re-initiating", I'm guessing that you re-coded the INPA module with a blank *.MAN file to return it to stock OEM, correct?

I'll try this on John's car also....
Actually, it's the ABG module. INPA I just use it to clear error out of the memory. Which I did, but I don't think in this case actually did anything. It was the re-initialization that did it for me.

On another note, it kind of depends on which passenger restraint error it is. About a week and a half ago, another member came to me with a passenger restraint error as well, and I was able to fix his by clearing his error memory only via INPA. His trigger was caused by false positive when his audio installer goofed.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Contributors

On another note, it kind of depends on which passenger restraint error it is. About a week and a half ago, another member came to me with a passenger restraint error as well, and I was able to fix his by clearing his error memory only via INPA. His trigger was caused by false positive when his audio installer goofed.
Thanks for the update Simon, How did you clear the INPA module? Same process with the *.man file?

Quick Reply: Seat Occupancy Control Sensor