E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Seat Occupancy Control Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I'm not talking about clearing the code. I vaguely remember reading something about actually resetting the sensor.

Something like disabling and re-enabling the sensor\module.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Derr, I have never heard of that.

Also, from what I have come across so far, I am lead to believe that the sensor plug I am suppose to plug into is actually in the seat itself, which is different than other models. I hope I can confirm this before I rip into the damn seats. This is ticking me off quite a lot now, lol.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Derr, I have never heard of that.

Also, from what I have come across so far, I am lead to believe that the sensor plug I am suppose to plug into is actually in the seat itself, which is different than other models. I hope I can confirm this before I rip into the damn seats. This is ticking me off quite a lot now, lol.
Try taking off the back covering of the seat. http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/07/20/29
Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Contributors

I actually have. But there's nothing there that I can see that should be the plug.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i

If it's software, is there a code that we can reset through ncs expert!?
At least if we could trouble shoot the software and it doesnt work, then it might me hardware.

Balbs what did you try coding that didn't work?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Contributors

You can clear it via INPA.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Okay, I have made a little bit of a progress. I believe I have located the mat's sensor, however, the plug is not like any of the previous models', so this Bimtronics connector will not work.

To make it further complicated, this particular plug has three wires instead of two. Will have to try to figure this out *sigh*.

Oh yah, and Bimtronics wrote me back. Providing no additional info on install for E60, and basically saying I can return it if I want. Wtf is up with shitty advertising.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Okay, I have made a little bit of a progress. I believe I have located the mat's sensor, however, the plug is not like any of the previous models', so this Bimtronics connector will not work.

To make it further complicated, this particular plug has three wires instead of two. Will have to try to figure this out *sigh*.

Oh yah, and Bimtronics wrote me back. Providing no additional info on install for E60, and basically saying I can return it if I want. Wtf is up with shitty advertising.
Take a look at the ebay link I posted earlier. The seller sold 16 of them. However, for that price you mine as well go the oem route and try to install the mat yourself. So where did you end up finding the plug? Underneath the seat?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Contributors

Oh nice, I just looked at it again, and it looks like that particular unit is designed for E60 instead of this Bimtronics crap.

Now, the whole thing about replacing the mat is that the damn thing might go bad again, and would need to be replaced. It seems like a hopeless thing since BMW simply can't design these things for crap. I mean, this issue dates way back to other older models as well. You would think they would just license this technology from another company.

The plug is actually under the seat, but because it looks drastically different than other models', I wasn't sure. I was able to figure it out after I found the yellowish module and traced the cable to it.

Right now, I am trying to think what I should do, whether to open up the wiring on the Bimtronics unit and see if I splice the wiring (at the risk of not being able to return it) or just order that one in your link.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 550i black sapphire DPE s20 wheels powder coated satin bronze with gloss black lipLCI tails US version Black grilles (DIY)M5 Fender Grilles (DIY)M5 Umnitza RearCustom made Magnflow quad exhaustCarbon Fiber interior wrap (motorcepts)
Model Year: 2007

My link I bought this one to install in my uncles 750i for about $30. It has 3 wires as well and have no clue where they go, if it had 2 wires i would expect them to go connect to where the seat mat wires go. There is a user manual for it in the link but does not say either where they connect. I emailed them and they have no idea either. Which is weird since they said they are the Manufacturer. I got a hold of one of the tech guys over there and he told me i have to find the correct "data bus" wires in the ecu and connect it there, and that i should google it to get more info lol. I don't think he knew what he was talking about either. Let us know if u figure something out

Quick Reply: Seat Occupancy Control Sensor