E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPI SCOOP

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my dealer fix my HPFP problem last weekend and the scoop was installed. The dealer did not mention anything when I picked up my car.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

hard to install?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

just checked out trinity. is it necessary/worth it to get a block off plate? how ez is it to install these things?

Old 02-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW
It's really too bad people maintain this view of aFe with just one faulty intake. We have their dual cone intake replacement on our 335 and have been thoroughly impressed with the gains and performance of the intake. Not to mention, the intake was one of the easiest to install and professionally manufactured/packaged. You could really tell that there was plenty of thought and R&D put into the setup and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone else. Having worked with and spoken with their production team for quite some time now, I am thoroughly confident in their ability to produce and design intake and filter replacements that improve upon the stock setup. They are truly a top notch company and I have full faith in their ability to produce an intake that not only improves power but exceeds quality levels you expect from aftermarket parts.

This would be true, if that 335i was in the north pole.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by joebaggg
just checked out trinity. is it necessary/worth it to get a block off plate? how ez is it to install these things?
install is very easy, just need to remove the front driver's side grill, line up the scoop, and screw it in....

DIY from rpi's site:

http://raceprecision...ic.php?f=7&t=17
Old 02-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW
It's really too bad people maintain this view of aFe with just one faulty intake. We have their dual cone intake replacement on our 335 and have been thoroughly impressed with the gains and performance of the intake. Not to mention, the intake was one of the easiest to install and professionally manufactured/packaged. You could really tell that there was plenty of thought and R&D put into the setup and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone else. Having worked with and spoken with their production team for quite some time now, I am thoroughly confident in their ability to produce and design intake and filter replacements that improve upon the stock setup. They are truly a top notch company and I have full faith in their ability to produce an intake that not only improves power but exceeds quality levels you expect from aftermarket parts.
I think what's too bad is the fact that a lot of people on here bought the afe intake on the basis that afe did real world dynos to back up their claim. Not only did they not do that, their dyno method was no where close to accurate and then when another company came along and dynod their product, AFE admitted they were wrong and then to make matters worse, they made their vendors be the facilitators to the refunds for customers that were unhappy with the product.

People on here had to fight to get their money back from AFE. At the very least AFE didn't put a lot of stock in their dyno methods for our cars and agreed their intakes were actually losing power, but if a comparative dyno had never taken place nobody would have known. Im sorry but if it the intent isnt malicious its atleast negligent.

Of course you have full faith in their ability, you sell their products. Why you sell something you thought was garbage? not knowingly.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

we are fully stocked with RPI scoops
Old 02-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Members

I m interested in the RPi scoop, will any of you ship to Toronto, canada?
Please give me a quote with shipping,this is my postal code L3R5R1

Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by ColourWolf
I m interested in the RPi scoop, will any of you ship to Toronto, canada?
Please give me a quote with shipping,this is my postal code L3R5R1

Thanks
pm member nerweezy or trinity autosport...
Old 02-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
pm member nerweezy or trinity autosport...
thanks for the support Gene

we have the scoops in stock at the moment

Quick Reply: RPI SCOOP