E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPI SCOOP

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The scoop essentially scoops more air into the engine to improve air flow and maximize flow from the stock kidneys.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='719934' date='Nov 13 2008, 03:20 AM
RePost

Sounds like voo-doo engineering.

Go buy a AFE intake then
Old 11-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='721453' date='Nov 14 2008, 01:38 PM
Go buy a AFE intake then
Do you mean Amazingly Faulty Engineering?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='721730' date='Nov 14 2008, 07:29 PM
Do you mean Amazingly Faulty Engineering?
It's really too bad people maintain this view of aFe with just one faulty intake. We have their dual cone intake replacement on our 335 and have been thoroughly impressed with the gains and performance of the intake. Not to mention, the intake was one of the easiest to install and professionally manufactured/packaged. You could really tell that there was plenty of thought and R&D put into the setup and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone else. Having worked with and spoken with their production team for quite some time now, I am thoroughly confident in their ability to produce and design intake and filter replacements that improve upon the stock setup. They are truly a top notch company and I have full faith in their ability to produce an intake that not only improves power but exceeds quality levels you expect from aftermarket parts.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='719664' date='Nov 12 2008, 11:27 PM
for reference here is our thread in the Classifieds section: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=63096&hl=

and the original group buy thread for the scoop: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=62659

hope this helps

Youre helpful! Just thought you'd like to know.

Now, I think I need a couple more random posts before I can PM
Old 11-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

why is the scoop red?
Old 11-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

It gives the perfect scoop of ice cream.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW' post='723283' date='Nov 17 2008, 12:02 PM
It's really too bad people maintain this view of aFe with just one faulty intake. We have their dual cone intake replacement on our 335 and have been thoroughly impressed with the gains and performance of the intake. Not to mention, the intake was one of the easiest to install and professionally manufactured/packaged. You could really tell that there was plenty of thought and R&D put into the setup and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone else. Having worked with and spoken with their production team for quite some time now, I am thoroughly confident in their ability to produce and design intake and filter replacements that improve upon the stock setup. They are truly a top notch company and I have full faith in their ability to produce an intake that not only improves power but exceeds quality levels you expect from aftermarket parts.
Nick, Could you please post the DYNO Sheet before baseline and after the dual cone aFe Hot Ait Intake was installed on the 335. Also, could also tell us when and where this 335 was dyno'd. Was the hood open/closed while the car was being dyno'd? How many consecutive dyno pulls were done? Could you please include the IAT's for each run? Thanks.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by turboawd' post='1059852' date='Nov 21 2009, 04:25 PM
why is the scoop red?
It's embarrased for aFe intakes because aFe Hot Air Intakes are proven to lose power.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='719471
Are you going to be doing track days anytime soon? Id love to bring an N54 car out with the stock intake, stock filter and just scoops and compare it to your AFE 335i. I would also like to invite you to bring your car here with your afe intake to do 15 dyno pulls publicly here against my car. Ill even let your car cool down 20 seconds in between where I will dyno my car every 10 seconds for 15 times. How about it? It wont cost you anything and we'll invite everyone on the forums

Quick Reply: RPI SCOOP