E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPi/Powerchip Tune for Ram Air - 525, 530, 545, 550

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a new member of the forum, I needed info as to the best mods for my 05 545i and I read many threads before deciding to go with this set-up: Powerchip remap, RPI scoop/filter, RPI exhaust, H&R sport springs, Bilstein sport shocks and Miro m6 replica rims(curently on back order at trinity). I havn't done any dynos but I can say the difference between stock and my current set-up is like night and day. The most significant mod is the Powerchip remap, after the remap, the car pulls and runs way harder. One problem I had with the stock set-up is it's hard to gauge the throttle in order to get a solid take off without redlining the thing but with RPI remap, first gear is alot stronger off the line and the roar you get from behind with the RPI exhaust is absolutely intoxicating. I never liked the tiptronic mode because the shift points was slow in transition to the next gear untill the RPI remap, the gears now shifts faster in both ds and tip mode and also downshifts way faster, I now feel this is how BMW should have designed the car in the first place.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Newyork' post='848040' date='Apr 15 2009, 11:51 AM
As a new member of the forum, I needed info as to the best mods for my 05 545i and I read many threads before deciding to go with this set-up: Powerchip remap, RPI scoop/filter, RPI exhaust, H&R sport springs, Bilstein sport shocks and Miro m6 replica rims(curently on back order at trinity). I havn't done any dynos but I can say the difference between stock and my current set-up is like night and day. The most significant mod is the Powerchip remap, after the remap, the car pulls and runs way harder. One problem I had with the stock set-up is it's hard to gauge the throttle in order to get a solid take off without redlining the thing but with RPI remap, first gear is alot stronger off the line and the roar you get from behind with the RPI exhaust is absolutely intoxicating. I never liked the tiptronic mode because the shift points was slow in transition to the next gear untill the RPI remap, the gears now shifts faster in both ds and tip mode and also downshifts way faster, I now feel this is how BMW should have designed the car in the first place.
See that is all great, but if you search regarding people and their AFE intake, you will get similar stories. They thought it pulled hard, they raved about it but years later when they finally dynoed it they realized it was losing power. Its your money, I personally do not care, nor do I care about having more power than I already do. I never race or drive very hard anyway. I think tuning is interesting and I like the physics and engineering of cars and tuning but no interest in my own power. I do not like to see anyone ripped off and believe everyone should back their claims up but it is your hard earned dough!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by 545OH' post='848055' date='Apr 15 2009, 09:05 AM
See that is all great, but if you search regarding people and their AFE intake, you will get similar stories. They thought it pulled hard, they raved about it but years later when they finally dynoed it they realized it was losing power. Its your money, I personally do not care, nor do I care about having more power than I already do. I never race or drive very hard anyway. I think tuning is interesting and I like the physics and engineering of cars and tuning but no interest in my own power. I do not like to see anyone ripped off and believe everyone should back their claims up but it is your hard earned dough!
Why am I wasting my time trying to explain myself? I know who you are. So, you came back to troll once more RWB? Damn... Am I the fool for fall for your crap. Since you're all about lightening the weight of your car why not drive naked and be sure to take your morning dump. That'll at least shave off 5 lbs or more.

New members reading this, please search for RedWhiteBlue, sleepyca31, and some other name I forgot. He's been banned at least 3 times but keeps coming back for more. You want to keep going? Bring it, PUNK.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='848124' date='Apr 15 2009, 12:12 PM
Why am I wasting my time trying to explain myself? I know who you are. So, you came back to troll once more RWB? Damn... Am I the fool for fall for your crap. Since you're all about lightening the weight of your car why not drive naked and be sure to take your morning dump. That'll at least shave off 5 lbs or more.

New members reading this, please search for RedWhiteBlue, sleepyca31, and some other name I forgot. He's been banned at least 3 times but keeps coming back for more. You want to keep going? Bring it, PUNK.
+1 http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=71631&st=34
Old 04-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Banned

Vegas your are a fool and not for that reason. I hope you do not tinker with cars for a living, that would be sad. Still cant explain anything instead of getting defensive can you?

WHy not explain why the post lists the hp gains which are average of 20hp gains for 530, 545 and 550?

You telling everyone that you will refund each person if they buy this and the dyno does not show 20hp gains on their car?

If you are not willing to then why argue the point you are not willing to back up?

Apparently you have no clue about performance and using lightweight materials. Obviously not very intelligent evidenced by your really mature screen name-how old are you? Ya man vegas trashed, party party, talk shit and pretend to be an expert on cars.

Stick to your MB and I will be happy with my stock 545 that is nice and nimble. Shaved 200 pounds off my car so I am more than happy with its performance. See ya
Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by 545OH' post='848143' date='Apr 15 2009, 01:29 PM
Vegas your are a fool and not for that reason. I hope you do not tinker with cars for a living, that would be sad. Still cant explain anything instead of getting defensive can you?

WHy not explain why the post lists the hp gains which are average of 20hp gains for 530, 545 and 550?

You telling everyone that you will refund each person if they buy this and the dyno does not show 20hp gains on their car?

If you are not willing to then why argue the point you are not willing to back up?

Apparently you have no clue about performance and using lightweight materials. Obviously not very intelligent evidenced by your really mature screen name-how old are you? Ya man vegas trashed, party party, talk shit and pretend to be an expert on cars.

Stick to your MB and I will be happy with my stock 545 that is nice and nimble. Shaved 200 pounds off my car so I am more than happy with its performance. See ya
Hey 545OH...or should I say redwhiteblue/sleepyca31/quebecois - What's up, genius? You actually decided to grace us with your pathetic presence again? I look forward to watching you get banned again!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by 545OH' post='848143' date='Apr 15 2009, 12:29 PM
Why not explain why

I will be happy with my stock 545 that is nice and nimble. Shaved 200 pounds off my car so I am more than happy with its performance. See ya
Why not explain why you have been banned from this forum?

Caught you sleepyca31/RWB/quebecois/545OH You are a pathetic joke!!

Didn't even deny it!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Just so everyone knows, 545OH has been banned from this forum on several occasions under different aliases. Pay no mind to his posts or topics as he will be banned again soon enough.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Come back for some more beating, huh? I'm a fool? Yes, I am. A fool for trying to engage in a meaningful discussion with a troll. There is nothing to get defensive about.

Hmmm... I don't see anywhere where the average is 20 hp gains for just the tune alone. It's already been explained with the scoop, its possible to make 18 - 23 crank hp. Anyone that's asked has been told as such. Why are you back pedaling? Didn't you say that the max anyone can squeze out of a modern day BMW N/A engine is 5 hp? Now, that I've proven that isn't true at all you're back to focusing on the stated numbers.

As for you stating you can tune, but can't since you don't have the proper equipment.... freaking hilarious! You don't know the first thing about tuning an engine. Don't spout to me about advancing timing, adjusting AFR, etc... Tell me how you plan on hacking the encryption.

I have no clue about performance? Smoking crack there, kid. I have been involved with R&D via dyno tuning for exhausts, scoops, and tunes. As for lightweight materials, what your Velocity CSL wheels? What else did you do to shave off 200 lbs? Removed the rear seats and front passenger seat, CF hood and anything else, rotors and calipers, went on a diet? You're a joke with your lightweight savings. Its' the same bullsheit as before. Can't afford the power mods, so got to lighten the car. I'm done with you....

Originally Posted by 545OH' post='848143' date='Apr 15 2009, 10:29 AM

Old 04-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='848124' date='Apr 15 2009, 01:12 PM

Ouch!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='848203' date='Apr 15 2009, 02:01 PM
Ouch!
Member 545OH deserves it.

Quick Reply: RPi/Powerchip Tune for Ram Air - 525, 530, 545, 550