E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPi 545i exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i Sport - MANUAL - Jet Black/Black 20" Miro Time Attacks, Bimmian Carbon Kidneys

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='807703' date='Mar 4 2009, 09:20 PM
Anyhow, I am thinking about doing a GT Race version of this exhaust for the 545. For those of you who want to venture off into dronedom, it might be for you if you want the power. We are aiming for 20+whp.
I might want to venture into dronedom...
Old 03-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

I was telling Eloy if his RACE setup can get me 25++ WHP and some decent TQ numbers I will change out my system to SINGLE sided
Old 03-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='807703' date='Mar 4 2009, 05:20 PM
Yes Joe from Trinity was here today,..again monopolizing on our scoops. lol. I told him I was going for a test drive with your car and he wanted to come along. Aside from having virtually no drone, he said that your car felt much stronger than his with the crappy quad exhaust. Anyhow, I think the two of you should arrange for a run.

BTW, I thought what you brought us was stock. IF what Tony said is true, that may be the reason why the tips stick out so far (if the rear sits in further than stock). Anyhow, I am thinking about doing a GT Race version of this exhaust for the 545. For those of you who want to venture off into dronedom, it might be for you if you want the power. We are aiming for 20+whp.
I have the mtech kit on the car...But with the regier diffuser, it still fit with the stock exhaust and didn't stick out....But not to sure with the mtech diffuser, because we never put it on...I have the stock bumper if you want me to bring it down...Pm sent about the gt race version....
Old 03-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport' post='807740' date='Mar 4 2009, 06:00 PM
I was telling Eloy if his RACE setup can get me 25++ WHP and some decent TQ numbers I will change out my system to SINGLE sided
You should do it...I now have a rieger rear diffuser used for a week and dual magnaflow mufflers, xpipe and tips brand new sitting in my trunk!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport' post='807740' date='Mar 4 2009, 07:00 PM
I would take even +7whp over - 10whp anyday.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='807838' date='Mar 4 2009, 07:20 PM
I would take even +7whp over - 10whp anyday.

RACE SETUP...here we come!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: It's an E60 545I 6 speed.

I love the exhaust, but I wonder why so many systems have failed to improve hp and torque gains before RPI.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Aviator' post='807892' date='Mar 4 2009, 08:13 PM
I love the exhaust, but I wonder why so many systems have failed to improve hp and torque gains before RPI.

You'd be surprised at how little testing is done by the aftermarket. It's the dirty little secret of the aftermarket performance world. Theory is one thing, but without hours of testing, reworking, testing, reworking, and more testing, products simply won't live up to expectations or claims... especially on vehicles as complex as the E60. You have to be willing to put aside ego and toss whatever design you dream up that doesn't work, plus burn loads of time and $$.

Honestly, I doubt it's worthwhile for most companies. How many customers really dyno their cars before and after mods? It's cheaper to spend the $$ on advertisements than R&D.

For better or worse, it's a reality of this industry.

IMHO, if you want true performance, stick with a company that tests HARD (multiple dyno runs, no cooldown, no hood-up, no change in strapping pressure between product tests, no clutch slipping, no throttle application speed changes, no inertial-only dynos, no non-corrected for ambient conditions dynos, etc), and is willing to show & compare their products open-house style (with everyone watching the process & results). While that limits your available choices, you'll ultimately end up with a vehicle that more closely fits your preferences. If you don't care about performance, you'll have a much wider range of choices to fit your needs.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='807703' date='Mar 4 2009, 05:20 PM
Yes Joe from Trinity was here today,..again monopolizing on our scoops. lol. I told him I was going for a test drive with your car and he wanted to come along. Aside from having virtually no drone, he said that your car felt much stronger than his with the crappy quad exhaust. Anyhow, I think the two of you should arrange for a run.

BTW, I thought what you brought us was stock. IF what Tony said is true, that may be the reason why the tips stick out so far (if the rear sits in further than stock). Anyhow, I am thinking about doing a GT Race version of this exhaust for the 545. For those of you who want to venture off into dronedom, it might be for you if you want the power. We are aiming for 20+whp.

GT exhaust will be soooo dope. If it's anything like the RPI M3 and M5 GT setup, that's going to be a fantastic exhaust.
Can't wait to see that puppy! GOod luck and keep us posted
Old 03-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Members

Good news. ETA for production model is three weeks which makes it the end of March/ beginning of April. Even better news for others, we will be looking into a quad setup. I will start a new thread regarding the RPi quad exhaust.

Quick Reply: RPi 545i exhaust