E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

retrofitting auto fold mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all.
Greetings from Portugal.

I am following this thread very closely. I have a 2007 530d Touring with M pack (already LCI in Europe) and I want to retrofit auto folding mirrors (although my car as a lot of equipment - M pack, HUD, Navi Pro, etc - this feature is not installed).

First question is (as some contradictory information appears): is it possible to retrofit with minor changes?

Should I look only for auto folding mirrors for LCI models or late pre-LCI mirrors are suitable as well?

Is coding part complicated? (I have Dcan cable and working DIS, SSS Progman, INPA and NCS Expert)

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pmgoliv
Hi all.
Greetings from Portugal.

I am following this thread very closely. I have a 2007 530d Touring with M pack (already LCI in Europe) and I want to retrofit auto folding mirrors (although my car as a lot of equipment - M pack, HUD, Navi Pro, etc - this feature is not installed).

First question is (as some contradictory information appears): is it possible to retrofit with minor changes?

Should I look only for auto folding mirrors for LCI models or late pre-LCI mirrors are suitable as well?

Is coding part complicated? (I have Dcan cable and working DIS, SSS Progman, INPA and NCS Expert)

Thanks in advance.
Hi, experts can suggest better but as far as I know mirrors before KGM won't work on your LCI model, as LCI has KGM and pre-KGM has control units built into the mirror itself, they are *not* compatible. You should look for LCI mirror only. As far as installation is concerned experts here can suggest you how much work is required and what wiring harness to look for. Even I need this information to retrofit mine (only if I find right parts). Coding should not be complicated, its like adding VO to the vehicle and then enabling a few options in KGM, NCS Expert can do that all.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Ok I will clairfy this once and once more only.

From start of production upto sept/2005 door modules were fitted, the mirros are plug and play plus coding.
From sept/2005 the door moduels were removed in favour of the KGM module and the mirrors are not plug and play, will also need coding.

Please guys search and read, the info is all on this forum.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

blood, i have a car made on the 31st of Sep 2005. What mirrors should I get
Old 06-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
blood, i have a car made on the 31st of Sep 2005. What mirrors should I get
K bruce ill play ball , get the mirrors for your year, have you got a KGM module?
Old 06-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

I didn't think Sep had 31 days in any year just messing with you.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
I didn't think Sep had 31 days in any year just messing with you.
LOL Asshole!!!, Sorry not in a humour mood, you got me
Old 06-09-2011, 04:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Ok I will clairfy this once and once more only.

From start of production upto sept/2005 door modules were fitted, the mirros are plug and play plus coding.
From sept/2005 the door moduels were removed in favour of the KGM module and the mirrors are not plug and play, will also need coding.

Please guys search and read, the info is all on this forum.
BLood,
I have read some threads here on this forum and also on other forums, including your own retrofit.
But in some cases appear like LCI version would be different from pre-LCI post Sep-2005. From your reply it seems not.

Sorry if my level of understanding is not similar to yours.

Thanks anyway.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Contributors

no difference in lci. I have LCI mirrors installed on my preLCI car, and they are working fine.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i assume the KGM module should be in the electrical system here: http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E6...trical_system/
but i cannot find it.
anyone know under what section it should be? (if i have it that is).

Quick Reply: retrofitting auto fold mirrors