E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Replica E60 m5 mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 06:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Howitzer
You need to fix your sig ASAP. That is just too huge for my eyes!!!!!

I got the NVD M5 mirrors and they are awesome. I could care less if they fold or not and no, they don't have puddle lights. But damn they look perfect!!!! I had to use my stock motors. They do have heated mirrors and they are manual fold, thats it.

Car looks NICE

Had taken my baby for a wash and damn that snow fell on it again - The black beauty is covered with the ugly white blanket again.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

nice mirrors.... HOLY SIGNATURE BATMAN!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Originally Posted by Howitzer
You need to fix your sig ASAP. That is just too huge for my eyes!!!!!

I got the NVD M5 mirrors and they are awesome. I could care less if they fold or not and no, they don't have puddle lights. But damn they look perfect!!!! I had to use my stock motors. They do have heated mirrors and they are manual fold, thats it.
Damn man... That does look good
Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Yeah I know ... these simple search function continue to amaze me ... it saves tons of work.

Well, he's member nigxdoof and here's the original thread of where the clip you found originated Summer of last year = http://forums.5serie...-spec-2004-530i

I did the same mod using the module from Euro as Mike (nigxdoof) did but didn't drill the switch and haven't fiddle w/ it to make it attach to lock/un-lock system so I can make it fold/un-fold via key fob.

The mod is fairly easy just runnin' the wiring kinda tedious, you do know that it will need a mirror that has folding motor in it, right? 'cuz I don't think you can retrofit folding motor like into NVD mirror (or even into OEM mirror w/o folding motor).

But I think nowadays you don't need to do this using the extra module ... I'm planning to recode the car w/ Patryk since my M5 mirror has OEM folding motor coding should do the trick even remote fold/un-fold via keyfob when lock/un-lock just automagically work.

GL!

Originally Posted by theracerboss
Whats the smart dudes Screen Name ?
I shall PM him and congratulate him personally.

I want to do this MOD !

Getting the puddle in NVD should not be a problem for me -- The NVD stuff should have enough room to fit the puddle and thats abt it.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Yeah I know ... these simple search function continue to amaze me ... it saves tons of work.

Well, he's member nigxdoof and here's the original thread of where the clip you found originated Summer of last year = http://forums.5serie...-spec-2004-530i

I did the same mod using the module from Euro as Mike (nigxdoof) did but didn't drill the switch and haven't fiddle w/ it to make it attach to lock/un-lock system so I can make it fold/un-fold via key fob.

The mod is fairly easy just runnin' the wiring kinda tedious, you do know that it will need a mirror that has folding motor in it, right? 'cuz I don't think you can retrofit folding motor like into NVD mirror (or even into OEM mirror w/o folding motor).

But I think nowadays you don't need to do this using the extra module ... I'm planning to recode the car w/ Patryk since my M5 mirror has OEM folding motor coding should do the trick even remote fold/un-fold via keyfob when lock/un-lock just automagically work.

GL!
I tell you, MIKE is SMART
Old 12-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Contributors

So how much does it cost in total to go OEM with the motorized folding mirror assuming that I dont have a folding mirror right now?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Contributors

Really wanted to know how the mirror will look in Silver Black on a Black Car.

Found this on one of the sites

I know its not the exact same but just to give us an idea of how it would look
Attached Thumbnails Replica E60 m5 mirrors-m5_silvercarbon.jpg