E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Replica E60 m5 mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 04:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I have been trying to make a decision for months as to which set of replica mirrors I should go with for my 08 e60. I know there're a few members on here that got their m5 reps from NVD Autosport (and they look great) but I was a bit confused by the manual fold comments made on his forum. https://5series.net/forums/topic/880...r-lhd-version/ . The puddle lights is not really a deciding factor for me as the automatic fold in mirrors. So if someone can clarify that for me that will be GREAT!

I have also came across these mirrors in my search http://www.cheapeuroparts.com/mirror...ror-2004-p-532 (it doesn't say 08 but it fits) and it seemed to be a better contender as far as having most of the oem features. The price listed on these are $640 for the pair if your not using your stock motoring! But it's $430 if you are using your stock motoring! (according to the sales rep) my only issue with this is that I would have liked to seen pictures on finished cars both folded up and out. The sales rep said that the mirrors were exactly like the m5 and would work with no problem!

Has anyone ever ordered parts or got these replica mirrors from cheapeuroparts.com? Any pics of the install?
I know the style of NVD mirrors had better looks options and may go that route if the manual vs automatic fold is clarified but what do you guys think?
Old 12-29-2010, 04:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

I was about to pull the trigger on one of these myself but was looking for more Info. Let me actually call the guys up today and see what they have to say.

I was very interested in the NVD (Carbon Fiber Silver) but lets see
Old 12-29-2010, 04:22 AM
Members

Mann I have been caught between the 2 for tooooo long now (not like I'm going to install them before the winter is over) but I want to make a decision already! Now NVD prices are going up due to the exchange rate changes! I want to just have them in my possession. I'll feel complete. Sorta.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Contributors

You just read my mind WORD to WORD !

The thing is, I dont have an autofold on my car right now and would love to add that feature. For 640 if they are throwing that in, then its a SWEET DEAL.
What ya say ?
Old 12-29-2010, 04:30 AM
Contributors

Now who would not like this

on a non M5 ?
Old 12-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Members

Now that should be a no brainer for you and that's y I can't give it up! Never had a car with manual fold before and not willing to try for a 'look'! Still waiting on some input from the guys who got their mirrors from NVD!

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:52 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

You can do that easily by adding an additional module and run bunch of wires.
You do know that the owner of that car in your clip is a member here, right?

Originally Posted by theracerboss
Now who would not like this
[...]
Old 12-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

The manual fold means you use your hand(s) and twist it to fold ... so no electric folding motor inside it ... in fact NVD mirror come empty (just housing & mirror) so it uses your mirror adjustment motor control.

The second mirror link is NOT an E60 look more like E39 maybe look at the more like a round-er shape as oppose to pointy shape toward the outside of the mirror and also look at the door handle from the cheapeuroparts.com pic or compare the look of your E60 A-pillar w/ that pic.

GL!

Originally Posted by imperialtrini1
Hey guys, I have been trying to make a decision for months as to which set of replica mirrors I should go with for my 08 e60. I know there're a few members on here that got their m5 reps from NVD Autosport (and they look great) but I was a bit confused by the manual fold comments made on his forum. http://forums.5serie...or-lhd-version/ . The puddle lights is not really a deciding factor for me as the automatic fold in mirrors. So if someone can clarify that for me that will be GREAT!

I have also came across these mirrors in my search http://www.cheapeuro...rror-2004-p-532 (it doesn't say 08 but it fits) and it seemed to be a better contender as far as having most of the oem features. The price listed on these are $640 for the pair if your not using your stock motoring! But it's $430 if you are using your stock motoring! (according to the sales rep) my only issue with this is that I would have liked to seen pictures on finished cars both folded up and out. The sales rep said that the mirrors were exactly like the m5 and would work with no problem!

Has anyone ever ordered parts or got these replica mirrors from cheapeuroparts.com? Any pics of the install?
I know the style of NVD mirrors had better looks options and may go that route if the manual vs automatic fold is clarified but what do you guys think?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:04 AM
Contributors

You need to fix your sig ASAP. That is just too huge for my eyes!!!!!

I got the NVD M5 mirrors and they are awesome. I could care less if they fold or not and no, they don't have puddle lights. But damn they look perfect!!!! I had to use my stock motors. They do have heated mirrors and they are manual fold, thats it.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
You can do that easily by adding an additional module and run bunch of wires.
You do know that the owner of that car in your clip is a member here, right?

Whats the smart dudes Screen Name ?
I shall PM him and congratulate him personally.

I want to do this MOD !

Getting the puddle in NVD should not be a problem for me -- The NVD stuff should have enough room to fit the puddle and thats abt it.

Quick Reply: Replica E60 m5 mirrors