E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

The REMUS QUAD PIPES ARE NOW IN for 899.99!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by andy545' post='559213' date='Apr 10 2008, 04:06 PM
Good job Eddie - thanks for the feedback,
if you get a chance would apreciate a sound clip and rear foto..

==========================

Thanks for the comp!! Will post pics later, my 2004 e60 530i is at the shop for some warranty work. By the way do you like the MP3 interface better than your old 6 disc CD stacker?

Thanks in advance!!

Eddie Presley
Old 04-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='559230' date='Apr 10 2008, 09:23 PM
==========================

Thanks for the comp!! Will post pics later, my 2004 e60 530i is at the shop for some warranty work. By the way do you like the MP3 interface better than your old 6 disc CD stacker?

Thanks in advance!!

Eddie Presley
I do like the Ipod interface better than the 6-cd changer. Now I have all the music at hand anytime instead of listening the the same 6 cd's all the time (I'm quit lazy in changing them). But yes, the way it is operating through the Idrive can be improved (is an understatement). But still I prefer it over the cd changer.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Members

My Ride: * 2010 BMW 528i M Sport * 2010 BMW X5 M Blue * 2004 BMW 530i Sport, Silver Gray * 2004 BMW 530i Sport, Black Sapphire, Auburn Dakota Leather. * 2006 530I Monaco Blue / Grey, M-Tech Front and M5 rear bumper and side skirts. M5 lip spoiler. M5 166M wheels.

Eddie,
Excellent job posting the photos and great advice for the Remus exhaust system. I am still waiting for my M-tech kit and M5 bumper from quad_m and would like to prepare myself for some fitment and possible stock exhaust M5 rear bumper clearance issues. Did you install the Remus before the M-rear bumper installation or first install the M5 bumper and then remove the stock exhaust to be replaced with Remus. The reason I am asking is because my car is still under warranty and I was told that exhaust modification could void my warranty. Therefore I have to do something with my stock exhaust to avoid damaging of the M5 bumper.
Did you encounter any issues. Please advice ! Thanks
Gergio
2006 530i
Old 04-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by vessval' post='559431' date='Apr 10 2008, 10:20 PM
Eddie,
Excellent job posting the photos and great advice for the Remus exhaust system. I am still waiting for my M-tech kit and M5 bumper from quad_m and would like to prepare myself for some fitment and possible stock exhaust M5 rear bumper clearance issues. Did you install the Remus before the M-rear bumper installation or first install the M5 bumper and then remove the stock exhaust to be replaced with Remus. The reason I am asking is because my car is still under warranty and I was told that exhaust modification could void my warranty. Therefore I have to do something with my stock exhaust to avoid damaging of the M5 bumper.
Did you encounter any issues. Please advice ! Thanks
Gergio
2006 530i
======================

Hello Gergio,

Thanks for the complement! Now I am no BMW mechanic, (I wished I was though, LOL), but I did take my e60 530i to my BMW friend at the local Paint & Body body shop to be professionaly installed, and I know my paint & body shop manager did talk with Mr. Patrick Dowling at Bavarian Auto Sport for some issues concerning the REMUS QUAD Exhaust Vs the e60 BMW OEM M5 rear bumper, and I really don't know everything they talked about, but I did go ahead and make pics that I posted here at the e60 forum for you and other members to look at.

I do know that my Paint and Body Shop did install the BMW OEM M5 bumper first, then last the REMUS QUAD Exhaust because everything was going fine until the REMUS QUAD install, and then they were "bitching" a little, (LOL), saying the REMUS QUAD exhaust does not fit with this new BMW OEM M5 bumper right out of the box, and does take re-positioning the REMUS muffler itself before they could mount it, then takes some intense planning, accurate measuring, pipe cutting, and more center pipe making for the center piece. (SEE PICTURE).

I hope this answered all your questions for me at this time, but if it did not, be sure to email back and ask me again, and I will be glad to try again. (This e60 forum is great for us BMW Owners to meet and talk like this, and us e60 forum members have got to stick together when fixing up our BMW e60 with some sharks (some of the reps, and salesmen) out there trying to take or money and devour us for their personal gain!! LOL)

In conclusion: I don't know what I would had done without Mr Patrick Dowling and Bavarian Auto Sports help in selling at $899.99 + S & H, and then after the sale Patrick Dowling at Bav Auto Sport did not leaving me out in the cold, but he was there the entire time hearing the problems I was having with a 5 to 6 wk time delay, but Baverian Auto Sport got delivered to me the REMUS QUAD in two days time to my Paint & Body shop, and also helping them with some problems they had with the REMUS QUAD fitting the BMW OEM M5 rear bumper, but they got it all corrected and installed within two days time on my 530i.

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley