E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Reliability of the Umnitza Orion V2.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i, Black/Natural Brown, Sport, Nav, CWP

another mad customer....
umnitza, I will be e-mailing you soon....
just recently...no more than 3-4 months ago, I've sent my headlights to UMNITZA and paid for the labor to install...about a month ago, i've noticed the same thing - half moon rings (but it only happens on the inboard ones)
sometimes they work, sometimes they dont.... it is really embarrasing to drive a BMW when it happens..... don't get me wrong....the Orions are GREAT and create the best illumination effect..... WHEN THEY ALL WORK....
but I am very dissapointed.....
Old 06-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

Hmm so it seems unless their installers have committed the "pull too hard" sacrilegious error this problem may not be a result of bad installation. To me it doesn't matter what the source of the problem is, but I'm confident umnizta will accomodate you. But i agree with you the embarrassment is so crazy because people consider bmws to be some highly engineered car so when aftermarket mods go bad they notice quickly
Old 06-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Members

hi guys.
yesterday one of my angel eye died after more than two years. i have E60 LCI and i changed oem angel eyes with white angel eyes.
i would like to get a better white angel eye for my car and i need someone's help.
i do not like how the LCI angel eye look because the bright difference between small and big ring.
Reliability of the Umnitza Orion V2.-angel-eyes-halo.jpg those are the white angel eye i have.
Reliability of the Umnitza Orion V2.-14032011214.jpg on the day light is hard to see the big ring
what is the best angel eye i should get this time?
thank you
Old 06-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by autome2011
hi guys.
yesterday one of my angel eye died after more than two years. i have E60 LCI and i changed oem angel eyes with white angel eyes.
i would like to get a better white angel eye for my car and i need someone's help.
i do not like how the LCI angel eye look because the bright difference between small and big ring.
Attachment 134310 those are the white angel eye i have.
Attachment 134311 on the day light is hard to see the big ring
what is the best angel eye i should get this time?
thank you
Give Nerwyll or Joe a call at Trinity Autosports. They have 6W and 10W LEDs if you want to stick with bulbs. It is always going to be hard to see during the day with bulbs, that's why many of us either went with Umnitza's Orion V2 or John's HID AE that can be seen during the day.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Members

thank you wtlb
i was reading about the umnita orion v2 and i would like to go this way. i saw Orion V2 kind of have some problems with the led rings. is there another way to open the headlight without to cut them? i heard something like backing. someone did that before? thanks
Old 06-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Members

is there a way to instal and make work the E92/93 LCI oem white angel eye led on E60 LCI?
i saw today a E92 had day light on and looks fantastic
i searched the internet to get a view with the oem white angel eye led but cant find one
Old 06-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Now my both my passenger side and driver's side inner rings are "half-mooning". I spoke to Umnitza and they will be sending me two new rings with better soldering points. I just don't want any moisture build up in my headlights from opening them up a second time. On a positive note, I can now have Simon use his new innovation to make the lights look whiter and more uniform. I am glad that Umnitza is standing by their word.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by umnitza' timestamp='[url="tel:1339605059"
1339605059[/url]' post='1449935]
If your ring is a problem. Please email us, put a small deposit down, we'll immediately send you a new ring (with improved soldering) and when we get your back, refund you. We will then take your rings, and have them reman'ed for usage in other vehicles.

We understand you guys are upset, but we are definitely here for you. We apologize for this inconvenience.
PM sent....
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 AM
New Members

I am joining this club now. Half small ring on the passenger side was out yesterday after one month use. I am waiting for the response from Umnitza.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Not to spill more gasoline on this fire, but my Orions have been half lit for a while now. Umnitza, naturally, told me to "put a 30 dollar deposit"... that was when the first ring failed. Now both of them failed. So let me get this straight, you would have replaced the first ring for me (chi-ching to the installer) and then the second goes (chiching to the installer again) and then there is still no guarantee this will not happen. Furthermore, if I'm not installing these myself, I'm totally screwed on EVERY TIME they have to open and close my headlights. And by the way, HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU THINK YOU CAN OPEN AND CLOSE THE SAME HEADLIGHT?!

WHAT THE FUDGE!!! I've already spent upward of 500 dollars on buying and installing this product. Now it breaks and you're telling me to give you more money?!?!?! I don't know what kind of crack y'all be smokin' out there, but it ain't the good kind aight! You fudgelickers gotta REALLY stand by your product - not this furgese shizzle where you're just trying to curb the bad PR. Umnitza is a SHIT COMPANY and they sell SHIT products. I'm NEVER getting ANYTHING from them again - not even the replacement rings, you corkswallers!!! I just thank God that this failed on my own car and not on a customer car, and I didn't lose reputation because of your shortcuts in engineering. I'm switching back to regular AE's. If anyone wants to swap their heads with me, we'll make a deal btw

Yeah, I love the look of orions - sure! But they do NOT work. So what the fudge difference does it make if they look great for a day or two and then you have to go through WEEKS of bullcrap to get them back to full working order. Watch - they'll keep failing! It's a law of physics - anything that happens once, has a frequency, which means it will happen again. I only blame my stupid self for spending SO MUCH FRIGGIN MONEY ON THIS CRAP AND NOT SPENDING IT ON MY FAMILY. Friggin morons!

Quick Reply: Reliability of the Umnitza Orion V2.