E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

R1 Concepts rotors rusting - only 2 months old

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Wow I'm sorry Mr Diamond sir. I like everyone is human, make mistakes and mess up my facts. Did I not correct myself and say you were correct on the wheel size? Do you absolutely know 100% about your profession?

I've been on this forum a lot longer than you have helping way more people. So maybe once in awhile I'm wrong, but at least I'm not an ass to the people who don't have their facts straight.

Why don't you learn to show people a little respect or are you not capable of such a feat?

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by Diamond
Ya oem rusts in some cases I am sure but far and away I have seen very few OEM rotors in a salty winter climate I live in with any rust. Its usually the drilled slotted aftermarket ones I see rusting. I have had 3 sets in snowy/salty conditions and not one ounce of rust. This guy just put those on and they are rusting. say what you will but OEM has tighter control and this doesnt happen nearly as often.

This coming from a guy who apparently sells E60 products and didnt even know the stock tire/wheel size on an e60-ya Ill really take your advice on anything..
Old 09-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond
Ya oem rusts in some cases I am sure but far and away I have seen very few OEM rotors in a salty winter climate I live in with any rust. Its usually the drilled slotted aftermarket ones I see rusting. I have had 3 sets in snowy/salty conditions and not one ounce of rust. This guy just put those on and they are rusting. say what you will but OEM has tighter control and this doesnt happen nearly as often.
You got any pics of your non rusted rotors? I have OEM ones and they rust around the edges of the rotors .... OH WAIT that's right, you dont have a camera.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
i've sold tons of sets and this is the first time. definitely a fluke. the best companies have their defects just look at the car you're driving.
Just saw the pics of the rears... Definitely a fluke.
My R1 Concepts rotors are still perfect after 3 months and plenty of car washes.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:55 PM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60
You got any pics of your non rusted rotors? I have OEM ones and they rust around the edges of the rotors .... OH WAIT that's right, you dont have a camera.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

All rotors rust evntually. That is why everytime I replace my rotors on all my cars, I paint the hub and edges of the rotor with high temperature ceramic paint. This will prevent rusting and will be smooth for easy clean up.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor

hey balbs,

sent you a PM. let me know where you want me to send the replacement rotors.

michael
acute performance
Old 09-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Contributors

Wow I'm sorry Mr Diamond sir. I like everyone is human, make mistakes and mess up my facts. Did I not correct myself and say you were correct on the wheel size? Do you absolutely know 100% about your profession?

I've been on this forum a lot longer than you have helping way more people. So maybe once in awhile I'm wrong, but at least I'm not an ass to the people who don't have their facts straight.

Why don't you learn to show people a little respect or are you not capable of such a feat?

Michael
Acute Performance

Because he's a fucking retard, Mike. That's why. You can't fix "stupid".
Old 09-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor

damn you, you made me spit coffee on my screen.

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Because he's a fucking retard, Mike. That's why. You can't fix "stupid".
Old 09-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW

hey balbs,

sent you a PM. let me know where you want me to send the replacement rotors.

michael
acute performance

PM replied sir! Michael you're awesome to deal with! As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm sure it's just a fluke. I went to different forums for different cars before getting R1 Concept rotors. Mine is actually the first negative I ran into.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

there is a significant difference between the two

Quick Reply: R1 Concepts rotors rusting - only 2 months old