E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Question for ipod users...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Damn..i have 2nd generation. I guess i should use my $50 credit from Apple to buy a new one.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Thanks for the info guys. Mine just does not work. It reset my I-drive three times and I don't want to keep trying it. Made a call to my salesguy, he's going to set me up with an appointment and a BMW loaner. I am going to make sure they have the correct step in there, and I'm also going to suggest they test it with a laptop output for now. In the meantime, I'll work on getting my Ipod and Belkin connector...thanks for the help. Pictures of the beauty coming very soon!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Jun 8 2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the info guys.? Mine just does not work.? It reset my I-drive three times and I don't want to keep trying it.? Made a call to my salesguy, he's going to set me up with an appointment and a BMW loaner.? I am going to make sure they have the correct step in there, and I'm also going to suggest they test it with a laptop output for now.? In the meantime, I'll work on getting my Ipod and Belkin connector...thanks for the help.? Pictures of the beauty coming very soon!!!
[snapback]137771[/snapback]
I went with the Monster iCarCharge instead of the Belkin. The line out in the Monster adapter is a straight line out, whereas the Belkin is amplified, and you'll get a cleaner sound from the un-amplified Monster connector (I got mine at BestBuy):
http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=2132

It seems some people with the Belkin are modifying it to bypass the amplifier:
http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthread.ph...in&pagenumber=1

http://www.cruze.org/pics/showdate.html?date=2004-03-13

I didn't want to mess with bypassing the Belkin amplifier, plus I've always found Monster products to be very high quality (don't ask me how much I've spent on Monster cables for my home theater system... ).
Old 06-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jun 8 2005, 07:06 AM
[quote name='Aaron' date='Jun 8 2005, 06:45 AM']Aha...that was it.? I could not get any sound out from that port.? I still don't know if they wired it up correctly thought.? When I first plugged the IPOD in, the CD I was playing lost bass, and then I drive slowly went blank.? It doesn't do that anymore, but I don't get any sound out.? I hope I didn't fry anything.? I have to go back by the dealer, so I'll try to make sure they implemented this correctly.? Can someone link the file for the correct aux input installation for the US?
[snapback]137518[/snapback]
Here's the install instructions:

Attachment 8280

I got a Monster iCarCharger, which has a line out:
[snapback]137529[/snapback]
[/quote]
so this monster unit provides the output from the dock connector not the earphone jack, right? seems like the perfect solution.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by 545isoon' date='Jun 8 2005, 07:20 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Jun 8 2005, 07:06 AM'][quote name='Aaron' date='Jun 8 2005, 06:45 AM']Aha...that was it.? I could not get any sound out from that port.? I still don't know if they wired it up correctly thought.? When I first plugged the IPOD in, the CD I was playing lost bass, and then I drive slowly went blank.? It doesn't do that anymore, but I don't get any sound out.? I hope I didn't fry anything.? I have to go back by the dealer, so I'll try to make sure they implemented this correctly.? Can someone link the file for the correct aux input installation for the US?
[snapback]137518[/snapback]
Here's the install instructions:

Attachment 8280

I got a Monster iCarCharger, which has a line out:
[snapback]137529[/snapback]
[/quote]
so this monster unit provides the output from the dock connector not the earphone jack, right? seems like the perfect solution.
[snapback]137812[/snapback]
[/quote]

Correct, and it's a straight (non-amplified) line out, which is ideal.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Thanks stream, from what I've read so far, you're right, the Monster iCarCharger should provide a great solution. Hopefully, I'll have this issue resolved soon.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jun 8 2005, 05:08 PM
[quote name='Aaron' date='Jun 8 2005, 03:39 PM']Thanks for the info guys.? Mine just does not work.? It reset my I-drive three times and I don't want to keep trying it.? Made a call to my salesguy, he's going to set me up with an appointment and a BMW loaner.? I am going to make sure they have the correct step in there, and I'm also going to suggest they test it with a laptop output for now.? In the meantime, I'll work on getting my Ipod and Belkin connector...thanks for the help.? Pictures of the beauty coming very soon!!!
I went with the Monster iCarCharge instead of the Belkin. The line out in the Monster adapter is a straight line out, whereas the Belkin is amplified, and you'll get a cleaner sound from the un-amplified Monster connector (I got mine at BestBuy):

I didn't want to mess with bypassing the Belkin amplifier, plus I've always found Monster products to be very high quality (don't ask me how much I've spent on Monster cables for my home theater system... ).
[snapback]137786[/snapback]
[/quote]

Crap, I didn't know this, thank God I read this board. To an audiophile like me the concept of a 10 cent amp getting in the way of my music is an atrocity... time to order the Monster Cable.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='Jun 8 2005, 10:31 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Jun 8 2005, 05:08 PM'][quote name='Aaron' date='Jun 8 2005, 03:39 PM']Thanks for the info guys.? Mine just does not work.? It reset my I-drive three times and I don't want to keep trying it.? Made a call to my salesguy, he's going to set me up with an appointment and a BMW loaner.? I am going to make sure they have the correct step in there, and I'm also going to suggest they test it with a laptop output for now.? In the meantime, I'll work on getting my Ipod and Belkin connector...thanks for the help.? Pictures of the beauty coming very soon!!!

[snapback]137786[/snapback]
[/quote]

Crap, I didn't know this, thank God I read this board. To an audiophile like me the concept of a 10 cent amp getting in the way of my music is an atrocity... time to order the Monster Cable.
[snapback]137838[/snapback]
[/quote]

Absolutely--after I read those posts, I knew I had to find an adapter with a line out that was a straight shot.
Don't you just love the web?!!! It's hard to imagine how we did things before it.