E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Quad exhaust, I want Remus! but cant' figure it out...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='498709' date='Nov 25 2007, 02:13 AM
We voted on two possible dates and more people wanted to do it on Saturday 12/15, so that's when it'll be and it'll be another Angeles Crest run plus lunch. Here's the current thread for the meet, but I think we're going to have a new thread soon with the details: >>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<<
Sounds like fun for the 15th.. I think I can make it.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by newbiebimmer' post='499011' date='Nov 25 2007, 07:53 PM
Sounds like fun for the 15th.. I think I can make it.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

bump for all those wondering about quads!
Old 12-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by newbiebimmer' post='498027' date='Nov 22 2007, 09:57 PM
Ok, with everyone's help here, special thanks to RemusExhaustShop and especially Rodybmw I got he Remus Quad installed on my 550!!!

I went to Vincent from EuroRev and he installed the Remus for the 530, onto the 550. It wasn't as big of a deal as we made it. It was a simple clamp.

I also went with the Hamann Diffuse, and I can just tell you it looks SWEET!

As for sound, there is definitely NO droning at all. Not at highway cruising or around town. It does sound amazing at startup and when you get on the gas. Rody got a quick ride in it and can comment.

I love driving with my windows down now just to hear it I would say it added about 30% sound to the exhaust at idle and normal driving. And about double when you stomp on the gas.

Admittadly it is just a tad quiet for me, I want it just a bit louder but I'm waiting for the muffler to fully break it as I've been told it gets louder as the muffler breaks in. Rody started this thread for me http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=47221&hl=

I definitely don't want any droning, and it's a tough choice here. I can still do business calls in the car with the windows up, on the freeway, around town etc and in cabin sound only increased maybe 10%, pretty un noticeable. My wife hasn't commented so that's good No one on the phone can tell I have a louder exhaust.

But on the other hand, I just want it to sound like a beast sometimes when I pull up to a light... Maybe another 25% increase in sound would be nice.

It's nice and deep btw, not raspy at all. Definitely a nice growl..

Overall Vincent at Eurorev was awesome, and I definitely recommend the Remus sound for a deeper exhaust note.
Hey Peter! How is everything working out for you now?

Have you gotten the sound you desired at "break-in"? What about any noticeable torque loss at low rpms?

I'd love to hear some sound clips if you have them. Or I'd be happy to meet you somewhere in So Cal to check it out.

Let me know.

So Cal
Old 12-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang' post='502817' date='Dec 5 2007, 12:52 AM
Hey Peter! How is everything working out for you now?

Have you gotten the sound you desired at "break-in"? What about any noticeable torque loss at low rpms?

I'd love to hear some sound clips if you have them. Or I'd be happy to meet you somewhere in So Cal to check it out.

Let me know.

So Cal
So it's been about 300 miles or so, and the slight burning smell is gone, so I'm assuming the break in is over? Anyone know how long that actually is?

As for sound, yeah I think the sound settled in and I'm very very happy. I think it's perfect. Unfortunately I don't drive that much as my office is 1.5 miles from the house But everytime I start it, and jump each light I just love the growl. I drive now with mostly my sunroof and windows down.
As for noticeable torque loss, I'd say none. But at 360HP this thing was a beast before and after. I think those ticky tacking about some torque loss or gain, or hp gain really won't notice if there's anything either way.

Bottom line, I'm super happy with not only the sound, but the look. I'm more ecstatic that there isn't any droning. My friends are coming into town next week and heard it when I first got it, and now it's been a month, I'll ask them if they can hear that it's any louder or not.

I'm in SoCal so I'll PM you if you want to come by and hear it. Trust me, sound clips which you can search for here will never do it justice.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Members

So I after socalM5mang talked me into it, I got the AFE CAI with the remus..

Wow! it's sick. great sucking sound from the engine bay, and with the remus exhaust it's beastly. No droning! It's perfect...