E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Projector60s are coming along nicely

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

There are thousands of them in the UK and Europe and a huge mess of them here in the US as well.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

+ 1to RHD ones.

The rings look awesome but that looks like the same lens from the earlier post.
Did you mod any headlights with a different lens/shroud?
Old 12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NEED TO MAKE THESE FOR XENON CARS
Old 12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
halogens? are you serious? i just automatically assumed it was for xenons....there are people out here in chevy caprice classics breaking their necks to upgrade to a xenon bulb....why would anyone buy a headlight option that still retained halogen? i must be missing something...maybe umnitza knows something we dont...

X1000000000000
Old 12-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by umichchris
halogens? are you serious? i just automatically assumed it was for xenons....there are people out here in chevy caprice classics breaking their necks to upgrade to a xenon bulb....why would anyone buy a headlight option that still retained halogen? i must be missing something...maybe umnitza knows something we dont...
It's for people to go from pre-LCI halogens to aftermarket xenon.

I tend to think that the pre-LCI halogen owners in the states probably don't know very much about their E60 in the first place, which is how they ended up with halogen (or purchased it because it's cheaper). That being said, I simply can't fathom a "good" market here as opposed to Euro countries.

Honestly, if I was a vendor, what I would make instead is LCI looking headlights for pre-LCI xenon people. Make that plug and play, and BAM, I bet people would be buying it in floods even if it's priced at $1,400.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc

I tend to think that the pre-LCI halogen owners in the states probably don't know very much about their E60 in the first place, which is how they ended up with halogen (or purchased it because it's cheaper). That being said, I simply can't fathom a "good" market here as opposed to Euro countries.

Honestly, if I was a vendor, what I would make instead is LCI looking headlights for pre-LCI xenon people. Make that plug and play, and BAM, I bet people would be buying it in floods even if it's priced at $1,400.
Ah, you don't know anything. C'mon man. You're not them!

(you know i was joking right..)
Old 12-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Members

I have to agree. Make LCI looking headlights for pre- LCI xenon poeple like myself for simple plug and play and I pay $1,000 plus for them. Throw in some Orions and it would be even better.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
+ 1to RHD ones.

The rings look awesome but that looks like the same lens from the earlier post.
Did you mod any headlights with a different lens/shroud?
it's an FXR projector.

Originally Posted by wi8123
NEED TO MAKE THESE FOR XENON CARS
We're still considering it.

Originally Posted by wi8123
X1000000000000
Maybe yes, but we will need a pre-order.

LCI headlights are not going to be $1400 But the LCI is more troubling for the coding, so we're staying away for right now til we figure all those out.

Originally Posted by oc2vgs
I have to agree. Make LCI looking headlights for pre- LCI xenon poeple like myself for simple plug and play and I pay $1,000 plus for them. Throw in some Orions and it would be even better.
People say they would be $1000 but they won't.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Coding? Why would that be necessary unless trying to enable cornering light? Just retain the same functions as the pre-LCI xenons and voila, no coding required. Cornering light is pretty worthless anyway.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i

could you be so kind and upload some photos of the projector turned on and beam pattern ?

Quick Reply: Projector60s are coming along nicely