E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Project "TOTAL BLACKOUT" Orion V2 LCI version

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

if you really wanted to make this happen....go to a graphics shop, have them laser cut it out of a matte clear vinyl and apply it to the lens face....there should be a vinyl that can withstand the temps...this way it would be exact, clean and spot-on.

just a thought.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by umichchris
if you really wanted to make this happen....go to a graphics shop, have them laser cut it out of a matte clear vinyl and apply it to the lens face....there should be a vinyl that can withstand the temps...this way it would be exact, clean and spot-on.

just a thought.
Good idea. But I'm not going to do this. I love the red.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, nice DK, if I wasn't abroad and have limited access to Internet, I would offer you an alternative way to achieve what you're trying to do.

The Evo scene has actually done things similar to this 2 years ago, and the red lens look can be done another (simpler) way without painting.

Alternatively, HIDPlanet's crew take it a step further and install LED that can be switched on/off to illuminate the lens only.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Haha, nice DK, if I wasn't abroad and have limited access to Internet, I would offer you an alternative way to achieve what you're trying to do.

The Evo scene has actually done things similar to this 2 years ago, and the red lens look can be done another (simpler) way without painting.

Alternatively, HIDPlanet's crew take it a step further and install LED that can be switched on/off to illuminate the lens only.
Yeah, I stumbled upon the idea of the red while searching for glass etching. Found a image on a Lexus forum where he posted a pic of a Maybach headlight. Then when I clicked it, I saw the Lexus RX with the blue behind the projector. That's what I'm going to do.

How was your vacation?

Thanks the site. Checking it out right now. Some impressive stuff.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i N52
Engine: n52

listen to our MASTER SIMON..
Old 01-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST

damnit, you guys really make me want to make the jump to LCI headlights....i have some killer ideas i want to do smh.

maybe i will hook up my pre-LCIs then sell them later this year all modded out and make that jump.....hmmmmmm

@Stel_i79 those look great! are you doing a yellow car too like Sabine?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umichchris
damnit, you guys really make me want to make the jump to LCI headlights....i have some killer ideas i want to do smh.

maybe i will hook up my pre-LCIs then sell them later this year all modded out and make that jump.....hmmmmmm

@Stel_i79 those look great! are you doing a yellow car too like Sabine?
DO IT!!!

@stel_i79 didn't get a chance to see the pic. Did you take it down?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i N52
Engine: n52

yep
Old 01-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am really loving the progress of this project. Have a quick question about blacking out the headlights. I love the look, especially with Orion's. When your low beams are on, now that it is blacked out; is the light concentrated more since you have blacked out the reflectors thus not allowing it to spread as much? I mainly ask in relation to driving at night if you lose out on visibility.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by iamnatio
I am really loving the progress of this project. Have a quick question about blacking out the headlights. I love the look, especially with Orion's. When your low beams are on, now that it is blacked out; is the light concentrated more since you have blacked out the reflectors thus not allowing it to spread as much? I mainly ask in relation to driving at night if you lose out on visibility.

Thanks!
Correct. Makes it useless. But Simon said:

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Nice! Welcome to the club! When you go by John, have him enable bi-xenon for high beam, since the inner lamp is now practically useless, lol.

Quick Reply: Project "TOTAL BLACKOUT" Orion V2 LCI version