E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Project ICE - Matte White E60

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

That is awesome!

The new mirrors are cool as h*ll and the whole car looks so smooth and clean .
And I actually like the black handles too. Along the side vent they work great together.

- Antti -
Old 09-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

like the contrast. good job!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

The new pics are nice as the new mirrors are too !!! Congrats!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:13 PM
New Members

I love the car and what you have done. Mine is white and I like the rims you have used and the gloss black on them. I know I should know this but..... what rims are they?

How hard would it be to wrap the roof and the mirrors only? What happens when you peel the wrap off? Does the paint come with it?

Thanks for being the answer Man!

Q
Old 09-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Looking really clean. The white calipers look good, their subtle but evident. The only concern I have for myself is I would have to clean the calipers every damn day because of the stupid brake dust I generate daily. Hey that's the turning torso building I saw being built on Build it Bigger.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Members

this white car is so charming and I want to get a new white one in a car store near my house, but I am also heard of that white car surface is easy to be yellow in paint four years later.

So the paint maintainment is quite important in the second year.

and I also find lots of E60 parts as follow:
http://www.buychina.com/products?key...%E4%BB%B6&cid=
Attached Thumbnails Project ICE - Matte White E60-%E7%B4%A2%E5%BC%95.jpeg  
Old 09-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

everytime i see this thread, i want this car! hahaha This really tempts me to wrap my car with a matte black wrap. After you saying it does good for a daily driver it makes me reconsider.

Were the handles gloss black on the previous pics? maybe i just missed it, but damn does it look good..
have you conisdered wrapped half the mirror in the white? perhaps the lower half, step away from the oem look, do it backwards. lol
Old 09-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Anzafin
That is awesome! The new mirrors are cool as h*ll and the whole car looks so smooth and clean .And I actually like the black handles too. Along the side vent they work great together.- Antti -

Originally Posted by SD5Series
like the contrast. good job!

Originally Posted by tgm001
The new pics are nice as the new mirrors are too !!! Congrats!
Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments and feedback.

Originally Posted by Qtip
I love the car and what you have done. Mine is white and I like the rims you have used and the gloss black on them. I know I should know this but..... what rims are they?How hard would it be to wrap the roof and the mirrors only? What happens when you peel the wrap off? Does the paint come with it?Thanks for being the answer Man!Q
I purchased CSL replicas from the UK for my rims. Wrapping the roof I feel would not be too hard. It would be best to have another person to help place it on the roof with you. After that the roof is rather flat so it should be easy to place on. I watched some videos and saw a few remove the shark fin to make it easier. As for the mirrors, if not the M5 it shouldn't be too hard. It will probably require a little more time and patience due to the curves. I would advice to take apart the mirror housing if I were to do this, however I watched a video where they didn't and it turned out great for them.

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Looking really clean. The white calipers look good, their subtle but evident. The only concern I have for myself is I would have to clean the calipers every damn day because of the stupid brake dust I generate daily. Hey that's the turning torso building I saw being built on Build it Bigger.
Thanks! Yeah, I am a little worried about the dust myself but it hasn't been bad yet...
Yup, that is the Turning Torso. I watched the same episode on Build it Bigger, its the only time I have seen the inside of it. lol. I still haven't gone in it and you can't just walk in unless you visit someone living or working there.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bill109
everytime i see this thread, i want this car! hahaha This really tempts me to wrap my car with a matte black wrap. After you saying it does good for a daily driver it makes me reconsider.

Were the handles gloss black on the previous pics? maybe i just missed it, but damn does it look good..
have you conisdered wrapped half the mirror in the white? perhaps the lower half, step away from the oem look, do it backwards. lol
Thanks buddy! It has been doing great as a daily driver. Winter is around the corner so I am interested to see how it all works out once the temp goes below 0 Celsius. I do park indoors so it might not be a fair test but guess its a test nonetheless for me. I had planned to go darker for Winter, however I think I will stick with it until after Winter and see how the vinyl holds out.

Yup, the handles were gloss black before. Haven't got around to wrapping them and at this point I think I will be keeping them this way.
I had planned on wrapping the lower part of the mirrors red actually. My goal when I started this project was a black/white theme and a hint of red since my roundels are black/red. But the red I got from 3M is way too bright and would look a little funny. Wrapping it white could work and I like the idea of doing it backwards. lol. I might give that a try. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:10 AM
New Members

Hey Iamnatio. Can you tell me where did you buy your M5 replica fenders from? im trying to find some but having a hard time doing so. Love your car. Thanks

Quick Reply: Project ICE - Matte White E60