E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Project Goblin | Status Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 07:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

i used probably like 45 sq ft....but thats because i had to learn as i went along and made a few mistakes which meant wasting some of the vinyl via trial and error. im pretty damn good at it now....the M5 mirror wrap is a testament to that...super proud now lol

Originally Posted by cleung
WOW, I love the matte black. So how much vinyl did you have to use to wrap the whole car?

I dont have a trunk finisher yet....in the market for one but its gotta be cheap...so ill keep looking. but when i do find one....ill keep the look of it all clean and stick with Matte Black for that piece.

Originally Posted by selbycy
Looks amazing, have you thought about wrapping the trunk finisher in gloss black to match the diffuser and trunk and roof spoiler?

Either way

I will try to take some shots this weekend. the gloss black looks amazing to me because it adds more depth to the overall look....the headlights look like jewels or shinny rubies at night...it all looks really high-end.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Chris, can you take some closer shots of your glossy blacked out headlights? I have done satin and matte black so far, and curious to see how glossy black in form actually looks like.

i shot a lot of video during the process and plan to create a how-to/DIY post....but thats gonna take a long while...mostly because all my free time is set to finishing this project then the refurbing/painting of my OEM 166s wheels to gloss black...

as far as pricing goes....i checked that before i began the project. i was quoted roughly $3500 to have it all done professionally. i obviously paid only a fraction of that. to be honest its a lot of fun and now that ive learned a lot i would help others out (for a fee of course) but there arent a lot of local members here in Detroit. the amount of man hours is also another deterrent. id say ive put about 100 hours into this over the past couple weeks....most of that thru trial and error while teaching myself...

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
I want to learn how to do this very badly now. I've been wanting to wrap mine in matte white for sometime. I've called around a few places here in SoCal and the cost is CRAZY! I know it's labor intensive and all but it's darn near ridiculous. If there's someone who's willing to teach, I am your best student!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

still searching for a LONG T25 torx screwdriver so i can do the rear door handles...but either way it goes, its starting to look like ill need to peel it all off, take off all my mods and trade my car in due to trans issues. either way, here's another pic showing how its more Frozen black rather than Matte black....i love the subtle sheen to it....damn.
Attached Thumbnails Project Goblin | Status Update-photo-36-.jpg   Project Goblin | Status Update-photo-35-.jpg  
Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

This is awesome!

- Antti -
Old 11-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: m54

WOW so crazy!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

that looks great! wheres the 166's? I wanna see how they look black with red
Old 11-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

you did a great job with the vinyl. Looks pro. I spy some condensation no?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Senior Members

You don't wanna bite the bullet on a tranny?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

That looks amazing!!!! Ugh, sorry to hear about the tranny. I hope it all works out in the end.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Members

Hi Umichchris, excellent work. looks fab. How much did it cost to do the whole car?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks amazing. Great job! I especially love the red brake calipers.

Quick Reply: Project Goblin | Status Update